Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    Some pictures taken by my friend in Mancos (Weber Fire).

Taken from his backyard. Crazy stuff. Once the wind shifted yesterday the smoke from this fire started pouring over the San Juan Mountains into our area. Seems like the whole state is going up. We've been extremely lucky here in the Uncompahgre Valley. No major fires in the mountains & hills surrounding us in quite some time. Even many of the old timers can't remember the last major fire here.

:crossedfingers:
    I'm from Durango and know people in Mancos, hits close to home. Hope for the best! I hear the fire is just a few miles east of Mancos now.
    sigpic

Comment

• Here is a look at the Waldo Canyon Fire Near Colorado Springs. Scarry stuff!
      sigpic

Comment

• Booo bad weather.

Comment

• 9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Mandatory Evacuation Order Rockrimmon, Woodmen Valley, Pinon Valley and Pine Cliff #waldocanyonfire
          9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

[email protected] has running blog, includes scanner traffic for #waldocanyonfire, reporting nursing home needs help http://on9news.tv/LqFTAy

It's just getting worse....the Waldo Canyon Fire (COS area) threatening the Air Force Academy, Flying W Ranch ( my favorite childhood memory!) and a nursing home....
          sigpic
          2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• No fires here but

Fellow I know from school is a 'storm chaser' filmed that about an hour away from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
              No fires here but

Fellow I know from school is a 'storm chaser' filmed that about an hour away from me.
              Wow, that is AMAZING footage... scary, but amazing. Tornadoes happen often up your way?
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                Wow, that is AMAZING footage... scary, but amazing. Tornadoes happen often up your way?
                They do yes we get dozens every year usually though it's just farm land that they hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                  They do yes we get dozens every year usually though it's just farm land that they hit.
                  Still dangerous, though.....it's strange that in Florida (I still have family there) the tornadoes target mobile home parks. Not sure why, and many meteorologists are still baffled at that anomaly.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Oh man...

Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs.

^^^That's Falcon Stadium at the Air Force Academy at the bottom.

More people being evacuated now...

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/C...160174445.html
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

• It's total insanity in the Springs.

My memories of the Flying W Ranch are now just that.....memories.... it was destroyed earlier tonight.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Those photos are beyond scary. Hell on earth right there.

Comment

• Our situation isn't nearly as bad as CO, of course, but it has been hot here.

Big storm last night, thousands still without power. Including our church so it might not be open tomorrow. Lots of trees down. I think one person died when a tree fell on their house.
                          Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• What can I say? HOT DRY and running out of water over here in northern New Mexico, cant even go camping cuz of all the fires.

Comment

• Annoys me that people over here moan about all of the rain and stuff, absolutely miniscule problem compared to everyone suffering from the wildfires. Puts everything into perspective but sadly not everyone sees it.
                              Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• I was trying to take a photo of the rain/louds but my iphones camera doesnt do it justice.

we are on our 3-4th straight day of tornado warnings / hail / rail

loverly.

Comment

Working...
                                X