No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain is really starting to pick up now, not too bad with the wind yet but the worst is yet to come.

I just hope the power doesn't go out & hope everyone stays safe.
    sigpic

Comment

• Yeah we have had our power going off and on now. VA is supposed to get the winds now from 7-3 AM then a lighter 25 MPH wind and rain...

If you guys are North of us in VA don't mess around this girl is legit.
      sigpic
      The Bronco fan pledge;
      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

• Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
        Yeah we have had our power going off and on now. VA is supposed to get the winds now from 7-3 AM then a lighter 25 MPH wind and rain...

If you guys are North of us in VA don't mess around this girl is legit.
        Yeah it's going to be nasty for sure. I'm almost expecting the power to go out but hoping that it doesn't.

And i think i spoke too soon about the winds, it's getting very gusty but for now it's just every so often & not sustained but i know it will get worse.
        sigpic

Comment

• Yeah winds went from 30 mph to over 45-50 in no time flat.

Rain has picked up again. Stay safe.
          sigpic
          The Bronco fan pledge;
          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
          Bronco's Country.

Comment

• Hope everyone on the east coast remains indoors and stays safe...this is a SERIOUS storm. Trying to locate my sister and niece in Maryland off Chesapeake Bay...hope they didn't stick around and evacuated to higher ground.
            sigpic
            2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
              Hope everyone on the east coast remains indoors and stays safe...this is a SERIOUS storm. Trying to locate my sister and niece in Maryland off Chesapeake Bay...hope they didn't stick around and evacuated to higher ground.
              Maryland has a lot of restrictions in place now and out of power around the bay. I hope you get in contact with them and all is well.
              sigpic
              The Bronco fan pledge;
              Bronco's Country.

Comment

Hope everyone on the east coast remains indoors and stays safe...this is a SERIOUS storm. Trying to locate my sister and niece in Maryland off Chesapeake Bay...hope they didn't stick around and evacuated to higher ground.
                I'm in MD. I'm more inland. It hasn't been too bad. Still nervous.

They said that the wind is coming from the north (which I thought was odd. From the other storm?) and that is "washing" the Bay waters out to sea. It's helping with the flooding situation right now. Tomorrow, the winds come from the south. They're very concerned about flooding.

If I'm not mistaken, your sister is way south of us (how many people here have sisters on the Bay?). Hope you get in contact with her. Let me know if I can do anything. I know people can do wonders on the Internet, but sometimes it does take a person, you know?
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                  Maryland has a lot of restrictions in place now and out of power around the bay. I hope you get in contact with them and all is well.
                  Thanks 100%, still curious to see what the impact will be on our Canadian neighbors? Following twitter feed and see a couple of tweets about eastern Canada.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    I'm in MD. I'm more inland. It hasn't been too bad. Still nervous.

They said that the wind is coming from the north (which I thought was odd. From the other storm?) and that is "washing" the Bay waters out to sea. It's helping with the flooding situation right now. Tomorrow, the winds come from the south. They're very concerned about flooding.

If I'm not mistaken, your sister is way south of us (how many people here have sisters on the Bay?). Hope you get in contact with her. Let me know if I can do anything. I know people can do wonders on the Internet, but sometimes it does take a person, you know?
                    Thanks Peanut!

Yep, my sister & niece are on Cobb Island, southern tip of MD. They should be OK, haven't seen where MD is getting slammed with water/wind just yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Stay Safe East Coast!!! Sandy is really whipping from what we see on the TV.

Hang in there group!
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Just had the rain change to sleet for a little while & now i think it's back to rain/wet snow? I can't even tell anymore.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'm still really worried about my friend.

She lives in Western Manhattan and I haven't talked to her for an extended period since Friday. I saw some short messages online and some texts here and there since then - I just hope she is safe and alright. I will probably hear something in the morning ... or sometime later tomorrow.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Thanks 100%, still curious to see what the impact will be on our Canadian neighbors? Following twitter feed and see a couple of tweets about eastern Canada.
                            its windy as hell up here no rain yet tho but its suppose to rain heavily for the rest of the week,probably will see some power outage. This is in quebec.

Maritimes should get hit way harder with flooding in particular.
                            Last edited by canadiansbronco; 10-29-2012, 10:09 PM.
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• We are getting crushed with rain here in central PA for what seems like a full 24 hours now. The wind has been picking up over the last few hours, the rain is horizontal now... lol. The pics I've seen of New York are crazy.

We have a 3 or 4 foot deep runoff ditch at the edge of my family's property at home, and my dad said it's slowly turning into a small lake. Haven't seen this much water in a while.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone in harms way. Stay strong through these difficult times and more importantly be safe. God Bless!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X