Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    No kidding.

For the last 2+ weeks, we have had quite a bit of snow and tomorrow we may actually reach freezing. That's right our high is supposed to be 34 degrees!! WOO HOO.

We've been in the 20's for weeks now with overnight at or below zero. We even went to Mesquite, NV in the desert for New Years and it was freezing down there in the 30's. Not Northeast or Northcentral type of chillin' but cold none the less. Montana, North Dakato, Minnesota, Wisconsin and upstate New York need to suck this crap their way where it belongs.
    Given I'm north of those states (primarily the bolded ones), I take it you want us to suck some of the bad stuff as well.....go ahead Joe, we're pretty tough when it comes to cold and snow and all that shhhhhhtuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Given I'm north of those states (primarily the bolded ones), I take it you want us to suck some of the bad stuff as well.....go ahead Joe, we're pretty tough when it comes to cold and snow and all that shhhhhhtuff.

Yeah, you Canadians blow nothing but, I mean live in nothing but cold air.

I'm sure you're 18" diameter wood cabin is lined with bear skins and lots of possum fur keeping you warm while we cheap 2x4 wood framed drywall idiot Americans look for answers.

My wife said again... "I'm tired of the cold". Being a Filipino as a child, raised in Hawaii and living in Las Vegas forever, I can see why. She wants to move back to Hawaii or Vegas.

If she wants Vegas, I told her to sell a kidney and we'll talk. If she wants Hawaii, donate her body to science.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        Yeah, you Canadians blow nothing but, I mean live in nothing but cold air.

I'm sure you're 18" diameter wood cabin is lined with bear skins and lots of possum fur keeping you warm while we cheap 2x4 wood framed drywall idiot Americans look for answers.

My wife said again... "I'm tired of the cold". Being a Filipino as a child, raised in Hawaii and living in Las Vegas forever, I can see why. She wants to move back to Hawaii or Vegas.

If she wants Vegas, I told her to sell a kidney and we'll talk. If she wants Hawaii, donate her body to science.
        funny stuff Joe!!

(you are joking right.......)

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          funny stuff Joe!!

(you are joking right.......)

I dunno. Am I?

Snow moving in tomorrow and Friday here in Utah headed to Colorado for the big game on Saturday. At least we're above the 32 degree mark?

sigpic

Comment

• We are in the middle of a blizzard! It will last until early morning. It's been very windy and icy for most of the day, but tonight is the worst part, with snow in the mix, creating very poor conditions. What do you expect in the Great White North!!!!

Then again, if I have one complaint about where my favourite NFL team comes from.......this is another one of those Colorado Lows that pack a real punch for us from time to time. I guess I should be happy that I get to smell the fresh mountain air as it quickly blows by!!!

Last edited by CanDB; 01-11-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• A few weeks ago I said to someone, "You know it's been cold when 10 degrees feels warm.".

Well, now it's "You know it's been cold when 0 feels warm."

Some lows from around the area this morning:

I won't post any of the warmer lows (i.e. lows above -30 )

Rangely -31
              Meeker -32
              Craig -36
              Maybell -40

Even Gunnison, one of the nation's ice boxes, is at a balmy -18 this morning - nothing compared to those towns in the Yampa River Valley listed above. Many places will struggle to see highs in the positive today.

Numerous, numerous locations in the negative teens and 20s this morning though.

But, it IS a dry cold, so...

Edit: Just had to add something. Right now Barrow, Alaska is 30 degrees warmer than Craig, CO.
              Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 01-14-2013, 09:50 AM.
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

• It's been cold here too. We've actually gone above 32 three times in the past month or so.

Last three nights: -10, -17 and last night was -12. We actually reached 20 today. I feel for those in that -30 range especially when the wind blows. It is so brutal you can't even go outside and trying to keep the house warm is rather pricey.

I'm tired of January already.

sigpic

Comment

• well it's -26 here....Even for us Canadian it's pretty cold lol
                  sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Here's an easy one for all temperature types. With windchill we have been below -40 off and on over the last few days. We can all relate to -40 (F or C), cuz it's the same! And another thing that's the same.....

-40 and below REALLY SUCKS!!!!!

Comment

• I hate trying to drive when you can't moove.....
                      Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 01-23-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• And don't forget to unplug the car..........I've had the non-distinct pleasure of driving away without doing so, and a couple of times it meant a visit to the service station!

Another thing that sucks in this weather is plugging your car in, and finding out your block heater has died.......another visit, after you get a boost!!

Comment

• It was 80 here yesterday, I'm guessing more of the same today...

The best time of year for me to take my pups out to the desert and let them run around, which I did yesterday. A couple more months and the snakes will be out...
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                            It was 80 here yesterday, I'm guessing more of the same today...

The best time of year for me to take my pups out to the desert and let them run around, which I did yesterday. A couple more months and the snakes will be out...
                            I'm ignoring this.

Cold. An inch of snow last night.

And cold.
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              I'm ignoring this.

Cold. An inch of snow last night.

And cold.
                              Wasn't trying to rub it in.... ok, maybe just a little... :-)
                              Although I do miss the white stuff, and don't see it hardly ever where I'm at.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

• Today it was 17 on my way in. And felt warm

Better than the -10 or worse it had been last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X