Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    No snow just north of you, Jaws, but it's approaching subzero very quickly, had to dig my gloves out for the first time since January!
    My angora woolly hat is set to make an appearance as well.
    Minus two here tonight.

Comment

• 10 inches and counting in Montrose. Basically, heavy snow since about 4:30 this morning and still snowing.

Weird leading up to it too. For the last 2 weeks or so, all day every day, we've been cold, gray and (freezing) foggy in the valleys of Western CO and Eastern UT (believe me, it's a rarity - the sun is usually a year long neighbor in these parts). As this storm approached the humidity dropped, the sky cleared and the temps soared. Last night around midnight it was 47 and I could see the stars. I was beginning to wonder if the weather experts screwed up another forecast.

They didn't.

(Well, they kind of did... we weren't supposed to get this much in the valley)
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

• It's starting to let up in Franktown. No doubt Denver is just ahead of me to the north, as this storm is heading south. Should be clearing up there also.

I took about 3 to 4 inches off the driveway. Light, fluffy stuff. Could have used my leaf blower, lol.

But it's 6 degrees, so it should stick around a little while.

Comment

• Getting a little shovelling practice in (I have a snow blower, but I only use it for major snowfalls) ......getting over 20 cms (at least 8 inches) of snow from last night til tomorrow. Not too bad, although the wind will pick up, making it a hazard to drive on the highways. The good news/bad news.....it will clear by Friday, but the temperature will plummet when it does. We're talking "plug car in" weather. Guess I'll be totally winterized by then!

And yes....no mosquitoes!

Comment

• Its suppose to be 10-13 below zero here tonight just 10 miles south of denver.....brr!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• We are down to -1 now. So 10 below is certainly possible.

The weird thing is we will still get a fly or two. Big one's! I guess they make it in from the barn somehow. Just killed one the other day. In winter, they get huge for some reason. About ten times the size of a normal barn fly. Big huge buzzers that never stop flying around endlessly. Never stop long enough to swat flat, but they tend to be slow enough you can get em mid-air.

The streets were not too bad tonight. We went into Parker for dinner, and I had no problem, but it is a little slick in spots. Out here beyond the Nuetral Zone, there are more slick spots. But the plows are out all over on the main street. Just have not gotten here yet.

Which is cool, as my mailbox is still standing.

We just got chip sealed this summer, so I am not looking forward to him coming by and blowing a few thousand little black oil covered rocks all over my driveway again.

The snow blower sounded like a machine gun today.

Comment

• Crazy winds today, an Arctic storm. Some of our coastal areas are set for the worst tidal surge in 30 years. Scotland's coast has already been battered by winds of 142mph. Some snow is expected within the next 24 hours as well but not likely to last.

Comment

• 7 below right now
                  sigpic

Comment

• current temps ... 75* with the high reaching 82* ..... Gotta love Florida in December!!

I won't lie though, it is nice to have the temps we have but on the other hand it sucks because it NEVER feels like the Holidays and we can never wear any nice winter clothes down here! I have 4-5 different Hoodies and a nice Broncos Beanie and I haven't worn them in .. ohhhhh ... EVER!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• This morning it was...

-31 in Craig
                      -32 in Meeker
                      -36 in Maybell

Of course, there are numerous locations reporting lows in the negative teens & 20s this morning, but this post is more about those less-balmy locales.

On the bright side (literally), the sun is out and the skies are clear. Haven't seen the sun this bright in a couple of weeks. Only way to enjoy it is through a window though. We bottomed out at -9, but we're experiencing a mini heat wave right now and the temp has soared to 5 above.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Hello all. It's been a while since I've been on...been busy with things. Figured I would let you all in on what the weather here in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex is doing. So, Wednesday when I got off work at 3pm it was beautiful. 80 degrees, sunny, just the best kind of day you could possibly think. About 24 hours later when I got off work yesterday...it was freezing! It was already below freezing and sleet had already started. It dropped approx 50-60 degrees within a 24 hour period, and today everything was so icy and frozen I could hardly get my car door open. I just took a walk to a store down the street (fun walk by the way) and it's not snow on the ground just ice. Every step I take it looked like concrete cracking beneath my feet...it was funny, I felt like I was Godzilla. Wondering what the next week will bring now.
                        sigpic
                        Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                        You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                        You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                        Have It All - Blu3
                        Conceited - Blu3
                        Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                        All On You - Blu3

Comment

• Good to see you, Foez. Be careful out there.

If anyone is watching the Washington game, that's what we're getting.
                          Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• It's early even for us up here in the great white north, but we've already hit -40 wind chill, and will challenge that level for the next few days.

The only good thing about -40 is that I don't have to state whether or not it's in F or C. -40 is the same in both.......and in this case, the same translates to "frigid"!!!

Comment

• Good Grief. We are ALL just being bit by the chill bug.

It's been -13 here and wind chills of -25 for the past 4 nights. Highs? We got all the way up to 13 today!!!

Relief in sight for us. We're suppose to reach freezing on Wednesday for the first time in about 10 days. 32 will feel balmy.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• We are supposed to hit above freezing tomorrow. I can feel it!!

We've only dropped down to 8 at this point tonight and WOW!!! We are above zero!!!
                                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X