• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTM View Post
    Its SNOWING!!!!

I love it!
    Isn't it pretty?

I just wish people knew how to drive in it.
    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I'm of the opinion that if it's going to be cold it might as well be snowing. It's been so cold lately, but the snow has been absent. But now, it's coming down so I'm happy.

Looks pretty serious too. They were so confident about this storm that the majority of the mountain areas have been under a blizzard warning since Saturday even though the actual blizzard conditions weren't forecasted to begin until today. Even down low here in the valleys we usually get the usual "winter weather advisory" for most storms, but we're under the more serious "winter storm warning" until tomorrow night.

The San Juans are supposed to get 2-3 feet - and the "forecast discussion" mentions the possibility of 5 feet for some locations. I like snow and everything, but that's kind of ridiculous.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Isn't it pretty?

haha they dont know how in regular weather!

come on snow 2-3 feet here in durango....i want you to so i can let my bronco go play
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Isn't it pretty?

Its like people in Denver all turn into idiots when it snows. Of course, people drive idiotically here all the time anyway.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
            I'm of the opinion that if it's going to be cold it might as well be snowing. It's been so cold lately, but the snow has been absent. But now, it's coming down so I'm happy.

Looks pretty serious too. They were so confident about this storm that the majority of the mountain areas have been under a blizzard warning since Saturday even though the actual blizzard conditions weren't forecasted to begin until today. Even down low here in the valleys we usually get the usual "winter weather advisory" for most storms, but we're under the more serious "winter storm warning" until tomorrow night.

The San Juans are supposed to get 2-3 feet - and the "forecast discussion" mentions the possibility of 5 feet for some locations. I like snow and everything, but that's kind of ridiculous.

We are supposed to get pounded by that same blizzard on Tuesday and Wednesday. Got my 2-stage all tuned up waiting on the 12+ inches that are supposed to fall. :thumb:
            sigpic

Adopted Posters:
            Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
            Adopted By:
            Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
            Broncbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              Its like people in Denver all turn into idiots when it snows. Of course, people drive idiotically here all the time anyway.
              thats everywhere though, people in seattle slow down when it rains.....enough said
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                thats everywhere though, people in seattle slow down when it rains.....enough said
                I almost got ran over on I5 going 55 in pouring down rain, lol.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I almost got ran over on I5 going 55 in pouring down rain, lol.
                  i havent lived there since somewhere around 2003 but i remember being there in the first few months on I-5 especially down by tacoma where they would be going 40 because it was sprinkling
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I tell you what, this last trip to Denver had us saying the same thing. MANIACS!! And coming across the Rockies on I-70 had us scared! The skiers are the WORST!! Geezus we couldn't believe how those people drive!!

We are expecting 15" by tomorrow night. Wind supposed to hit around the 50 mph mark leaving us in white outs.

I can hardly wait. :brick:

It is starting to snow now but nothing accumulating just yet. They said this afternoon is when it will really start sticking and by morning, whip out those shovels.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

haha they dont know how in regular weather!

come on snow 2-3 feet here in durango....i want you to so i can let my bronco go play
                      You've been here!

Hubby used to work in DC. Every once in awhile, he'll pull out his DC driving.

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                      Doesn't it rain a lot in Seattle?

People do that here. I know the roads can get slick with the oil coming up (at the beginning), but doing 40 in a 65?

I try not to complain too much, though, because I don't want it to come back and bite me. You know...end up being one of the idiots....

Snow is almost all gone.
                      Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

You've been here!

Hubby used to work in DC. Every once in awhile, he'll pull out his DC driving.

Doesn't it rain a lot in Seattle?
                        People do that here. I know the roads can get slick with the oil coming up (at the beginning), but doing 40 in a 65?
                        I try not to complain too much, though, because I don't want it to come back and bite me. You know...end up being one of the idiots....
                        Snow is almost all gone.
                        any traffic around DC is horrid. Every road leads to nowhere specific. I lived in Ellicott City and drove to alexandria. There was one time where it snowed 2-3 feet and they had ONE friggin lane plowed on 95 which was the slow lane. I got sick of having to follow honda civic hatches doing 5mph so I did 55 in the unplowed fastlane and didnt have one single problem. But seriously 2-3 feet and only 1 plowed lane on your most traveled highway? just down right poor
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• About 43 here in Copenhagen at 9 pm (CET)..
                          No snow as of yet, it's mostly rainy in the winter. It's been like over a decade since we had a bit of snow on Christmas Eve, oh well...

Talking about weather and climate.. COP15, United Nation's Climate Change Conference just started here in Copenhagen today, with Obama scheduled to join in for the summit finale on December 18th.
                          Last edited by BroncosDivision; 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM.
                          Adopted Poster
                          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                            I tell you what, this last trip to Denver had us saying the same thing. MANIACS!! And coming across the Rockies on I-70 had us scared! The skiers are the WORST!! Geezus we couldn't believe how those people drive!!

We are expecting 15" by tomorrow night. Wind supposed to hit around the 50 mph mark leaving us in white outs.

I can hardly wait. :brick:

It is starting to snow now but nothing accumulating just yet. They said this afternoon is when it will really start sticking and by morning, whip out those shovels.
                            When the snow's good, you have to drive fast to get to the mountain before everyone else does

Comment

It's funny, here in Idaho people still drive the speed limit generally on the highway when the snow is light, but when it rains every body drives slow. I think it's because we only get an average of 12" of precipitation here.
                              Right now it's about 19 degrees, and we got our first skiff of snow, approx. 2". It probably won't last through the weekend. We usually only have snow for Christmas half of the time. Also, when it snows here it usually doesn't stick for more than a week. The elevation here is only about 2500 feet.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                                When the snow's good, you have to drive fast to get to the mountain before everyone else does
                                I understand the need for speed in the morning trying to get there before the lifts open at 9:00.

However, this was at 4:00 after the lifts closed and they were all headed home.

One thing that really cracked me up was seeing a BMW with a Dominoes sign on the roof going about 90 mph near Vail.

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X