No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Massive mudslide in Mesa County near Colbran. 3 people missing, but this thing was huge and you'll just have to see for yourself.

-

Thoughts and prayers to those three guys, but it doesn't look good. It's been extremely wet here lately. Lots of rain and the mountains are still getting snow. We were camping this weekend and got about 5 inches of snow on Saturday night (and we were only at around 9000 feet). The reservoirs are all almost full, the rivers and creeks are raging, and there's still all that aforementioned snow that's yet to melt. I also see that the Poudre is flooding again too. Water is like gold around here, but it can be oh so deadly. Be careful out there, people.
    Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Yesterday tornado warnings, FREEZING today.

Comment

• It's not often I can say... PURRRFECT weather.:thumb:
        Mid 70's, no humidity, sunny.
        Gonna sit on the porch with some cold adult beverages, enjoy the flowers and birdies, watch the few puffy clouds float by..............

Comment

• Well now the days start getting shorter.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
            Well now the days start getting shorter.....
            Even silver lining has some darkness within.......

(whoa, there goes our half full look at life....and coming from you, that's a bit of a shocker!!)

:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Even silver lining has some darkness within.......

(whoa, there goes our half full look at life....and coming from you, that's a bit of a shocker!!)

:thumb:
              I always hate it when the days start getting shorter....can't seem to get out of that rut.

In a few months it will be cold and dark....earlier so I will savor this while it lasts:thumb:

Comment

• Mostly crap, occasionally less crappy.
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                  Mostly crap, occasionally less crappy.
                  It has been a mess over the pond hasn't it? Sucks...

Here? Nothing but wind. Storms blow through but no rain. We are hurting badly for precipitation but just don't get it. Reservoirs are low. Air and ground is dry.

We have 40 degree swings this time of year. 40's at night and 80's in the day.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Summer is officially here. These Canadian Cold fronts bring the wind but the cold was nothing like June's we have had in years past. Thanks Dave for keeping that crap up north.

Wind and weeds continue to be my nemesis. A problem that will not go away.

Still loving the fact it's summertime now.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Tornado Warning right now in my city - and many others in northern and central IN. Apt. is upstairs, corner. Please send good thoughts for safety.. Thanks. Hate this happening at night; can't see anything coming. Thunder and lightning stronger.. should go offline soon, but don't want to.

Stay safe, everyone in the path of these storms and others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
                        Tornado Warning right now in my city - and many others in northern and central IN. Apt. is upstairs, corner. Please send good thoughts for safety.. Thanks. Hate this happening at night; can't see anything coming. Thunder and lightning stronger.. should go offline soon, but don't want to.

Stay safe, everyone in the path of these storms and others.
                        I hope you're okay. Be safe.
                        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          I hope you're okay. Be safe.
                          Thank you, Peanut. No tornado siren sounded... though I guess it's tough, sounding a siren for something you can't see. Weather.com doesn't list the 3 weather warnings it had up for us, earlier, so I think we're through the worst for tonight. It says "Expect occasional thunderstorms to continue for the next several hours", but those aren't unusual here this time of year. It's quiet outside again for now, so time to get some sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
                            Thank you, Peanut. No tornado siren sounded... though I guess it's tough, sounding a siren for something you can't see. Weather.com doesn't list the 3 weather warnings it had up for us, earlier, so I think we're through the worst for tonight. It says "Expect occasional thunderstorms to continue for the next several hours", but those aren't unusual here this time of year. It's quiet outside again for now, so time to get some sleep.
                            I'm glad things settled down. We've gotten the "Go down into the basement now" kind of thing before. Try to play it cool so it doesn't scare the kids more. Fortunately, things usually go around us.

Nice, quiet, boring weather. That's what we need, right?
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I almost had a tornado a few weeks ago.

It was windy as could be and raining, and I went out to get the mail, and saw the clouds above me acting very strangely. Those right above my house were zooming due North, but I could clearly see the clouds about a mile west of me (in front of the house) zooming along due SOUTH, and curving around the southern part of my neighborhood, towards me, and up North.

Like the end of a race track. They came down over Parker Road, turned left over Russellville Road, and followed right up my street, and past me. Right above my house moving very fast, and not more than a few hundred feet up.

All dark and grey.

About five minutes into watching this, I saw a small cone start to form right in the middle of this, right in front of my house, what looked to directly above the house about 500 yards due West of me. What we call the church house, as it has a small steeple on it.

I thought it was a goner, but the cone never dropped. Just a large dark triangle that never came down to the ground. But I could see it spinning up there, slowly going round and round.

Thing is, I know it really was not going slow at all. It just LOOKED like it was all moving in slow motion.

I was never so ready to run into the house so fast, lol.

Lasted about two/three minutes.

Overall though, I have skipped the worst of the weather Colorado, and my general area has had lately. My buddy in Aurora got killed by hail (his garden) twice, and I seen the news reports of damage already.

I've gotten a little hail, but no real damage.

We bought a container for outdoor furniture that sits outside, and hold all the pillows. The hail wasted that. Shredded the top of it, which pretty much rendered the whole thing garbage. Very cheap product. Other than that though, nothing. Even the garden survived with no problem.

Been feeling pretty lucky, weather wise lately. It's been very nice here.

Know where I live though. Just gotta wait long enough, and it'll change.

Should be any minute now.

Comment

• JWinn, what a cool thing to be able to observe. Just don't get caught in the moment and forget to run.

STORM!

Is about to hit. We have all sorts of warnings up.

Welcome Arthur?
                                Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

Working...
                                X