No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently 68F and sunny here in West Jutland of DK.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 09-10-2014, 07:02 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• It was 33F when I got up this morning. The chicken water had a layer of ice on the surface.

I'm not sure I'm ready for this. Autumn is just such a nice time of year, but it is fleeting, and after all...

Winter is coming!
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        We send "fresh" air.

No issues now, but you've sent us a few of those Colorado Lows that wreak some havoc now and again....
        Wow, it's been a while since I heard that term. I didn't think people used it much anymore... especially in Canada . But, yeah... The mountains do some weird things to systems that come from the west. They're usually fairly organized as they come in, but once they start hitting higher terrain they can break apart and split off into multiple systems. Once they're on the east side of the divide a low pressure area usually forms in SE Colorado and will mix with the warm moist air moving out of the Gulf Coast. It then gathers strength then pummels the heck out of the Great Plains and Upper Midwest.

:devil:
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
          It was 33F when I got up this morning. The chicken water had a layer of ice on the surface.

I'm not sure I'm ready for this. Autumn is just such a nice time of year, but it is fleeting, and after all...

Winter is coming!
          I forgot the meaning of that word when I moved back to the states from Moscow.

Winter... pfft, it's a high of 96℉ here in Oceanside, CA today. Uggghhh

Comment

• I know the feeling.... I pulled into work today it was 101.... I'm so ready to be done with this weather.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since I heard that term. I didn't think people used it much anymore... especially in Canada . But, yeah... The mountains do some weird things to systems that come from the west. They're usually fairly organized as they come in, but once they start hitting higher terrain they can break apart and split off into multiple systems. Once they're on the east side of the divide a low pressure area usually forms in SE Colorado and will mix with the warm moist air moving out of the Gulf Coast. It then gathers strength then pummels the heck out of the Great Plains and Upper Midwest.

:devil:
              Good explanation.......bad outcome for us at times!!!

Anyway, I can not believe that we had some sleet today that looked a bit like, you know what. It's cold enough.

Comment

• Typhoon Vongfong, or is it Phanfone?
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Typhoon Vongfong, or is it Phanfone?
                  Sadly it hit Okinawa and the U.S. Airbase there....

Three U.S. Airmen Missing After Typhoon Phanfone Slams Okinawa

Three airmen in Okinawa, Japan, were missing and feared drowned Sunday after being swept away by waves caused by Typhoon Phanfone, the U.S Air Force and local coastguard officials said. "Three airmen were washed out to sea from the northwest coast of Okinawa" at about 3:45 p.m. local time (2.45 a.m. ET), the Kadena Air Base said in a statement.

A coastguard helicopter was deployed to search for the three shortly after 4 p.m. local time (3 a.m. ET) Sunday, officials told NBC News. One body was found at 5.52 p.m. (4.52 a.m. ET), the coastguard said - but this was not confirmed by military officials.

Link:
                  http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/th...kinawa-n218651
                  sigpic
                  2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• Great day in Colorado yesterday, high was around 73 no rain in sight. Went to a pumpkin patch and had a blast picking out the perfect pumpkin.

Notice the orange and blue? Broncos colors, baby!!

Edit: Here is a bigger photo cuz I don't know what happened....

http://instagram.com/p/uDtNAitF7D/
                    Last edited by FLBroncFan; 10-12-2014, 09:38 AM.
                    sigpic
                    2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

• Yesterday, while driving through the western San Juans, I had my first semi-serious episode of winter driving for the season. Nothing too bad, but it was snowing and blowing for about 60 miles with the most intense stuff happening over Lizard Head Pass.

The colors are/were absolutely breathtaking. We were in a rush so there wasn't time to stop for pics, but there were several people stopped all along the way. With a little searching I found some of those peoples' shots.

Just awesome! Kind of hard to keep your eyes on the road when you have stuff like this surrounding you. I've never seen Dallas Divide (where the above picture was taken) look so good!

We also spent the weekend at Mesa Verde. The colors there were in full swing as well. BTW... if anyone ever wants to visit Mesa Verde NP then the fall is BY FAR the best time to go - fewer people and fantastic weather.
                      Winter is Coming!

Comment

Yesterday, while driving through the western San Juans, I had my first semi-serious episode of winter driving for the season. Nothing too bad, but it was snowing and blowing for about 60 miles with the most intense stuff happening over Lizard Head Pass.

The colors are/were absolutely breathtaking. We were in a rush so there wasn't time to stop for pics, but there were several people stopped all along the way. With a little searching I found some of those peoples' shots.

Just awesome! Kind of hard to keep your eyes on the road when you have stuff like this surrounding you. I've never seen Dallas Divide (where the above picture was taken) look so good!

We also spent the weekend at Mesa Verde. The colors there were in full swing as well. BTW... if anyone ever wants to visit Mesa Verde NP then the fall is BY FAR the best time to go - fewer people and fantastic weather.
                        Beautiful sight! :thumb:

Comment

• I should have gone shopping YESTERDAY!!

Comment

• Unfortunately I don't get views like the one above, but I do get weather forecasts like this...

My other love...
                            sigpic
                            305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

• Pretty depressing weather today.

Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• For our county:

Winter Storm Watch - Issued At: Sunday, 25 Jan 2015, 10:40 AM EST
                                Expires At: Tuesday, 27 Jan 2015, 6:00 PM EST

I think it's going to snow.

Be careful, East coast!
                                Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X