No announcement yet.

Weather 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far too early to buy into this, but hardly any snow left to be found.....this is early. Mind you, two years ago we had all our yard work done in March. That's not normal for this part of the world!

Took my winter tires off one of the vehicles......that might be a dreaded mistake!!! I'll leave the other vehicle in winter mode for a little longer, just in case.

Not sure how much you folks know about winter tires, but you can not use them for too long once the weather warms up. They shred or so I'm told.

Comment

• It's snowing.********************************

Comment

• Well, I thought that "March was supposed to go in like a lion and out like a lamb." So, what the heck happened to the lamb? We are still waiting for the lamb in Boston. Where oh where did our little lamb go? I guess she's on the lam.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Nice and warm today, it's so nice to hear the birds singing again

Comment

• Holy cow it's raining so hard right now. We need it but now we'll get the flooding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Holy cow it's raining so hard right now. We need it but now we'll get the flooding.
              It always happens that way, doesn't it?

I'm really confused about the drought. Before we went on vacation to CA last year (SF area. Grew up in Marin County), I had read an article about how some rain and melting snow had taken care of the drought. That reservoirs were at 80%. I still made sure that the family didn't waste water while there (old habits. I still conserve water at home). The two local reservoirs looked good. Maybe it's just really bad in So Cal?
              Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Rainy and cool in New Mexico this week.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• 31 degrees and getting nice, yesterday was a blizzard winds at 45 mph and 25 degrees with blowing snow.......
                  39 Years and counting as a BroncoManiac !

Comment

• I really do love Colorado.........UNLESS, it's a Colorado Low. Some of our worst weather comes from that type of system. I know this is Canada, but between the abundance of rain, strong winds, and get this, potential freezing rain and ice pellets, capped with some snow tonight, this is not a very nice May long weekend!!!

CMON!!!

Oh well.......weather gets better and better starting tomorrow.

Comment

• Our storm last week broke a 131 year-old record for rain fall in May for a single day of rain fall.

Some more would be nice.

Comment

Our storm last week broke a 131 year-old record for rain fall in May for a single day of rain fall.

Some more would be nice.
                        I hope the rain continues in California.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Our storm last week broke a 131 year-old record for rain fall in May for a single day of rain fall.

Some more would be nice.
                          Sure brings back memories of that song, "It Never Rains In Southern California", as in...

Seems it never rains in southern California
                          Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
                          It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya?
                          It pours, man, it pours

I also offer the sentiment, that you get the rain you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I really do love Colorado.........UNLESS, it's a Colorado Low. Some of our worst weather comes from that type of system. I know this is Canada, but between the abundance of rain, strong winds, and get this, potential freezing rain and ice pellets, capped with some snow tonight, this is not a very nice May long weekend!!!

CMON!!!

Oh well.......weather gets better and better starting tomorrow.
                            My nephew and his family were in town, and stayed over at our place the day before the bad weather hit. It was everything I could do to advise them of when they should hit the highway (on the trip to British Columbia), given that there was going to be lots of rain, possible freezing rain, big winds (gusting to 90 kms) and also the likelihood of ice pellets and snow over the next day, on the route they were going. So they packed up and left early on Sunday, and from what I hear, they did really well, and I believe made it to their planned destination. But I was worried a bit, given what highways can be like with loads of water and powerful side winds, and in this case, a fairly small but tallish motor home.

And though we missed the amount of snow we could have received if the "perfect storm" occurred, we did wake up to some snow here this am. Not a pretty sight in mid May!
                            Last edited by CanDB; 05-18-2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• After whining about our bad weather recently, I must say, the last 5 days have been beautiful!!!!

Comment

• Thunderstorm. It's really coming down.

Wish we could send some of this to CA.

At one point, we hadn't had rain for a month and they were declaring drought conditions. I was like, really?
                                Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X