X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Thunderstorm. It's really coming down.

Wish we could send some of this to CA.

At one point, we hadn't had rain for a month and they were declaring drought conditions. I was like, really?
    It's been a month but your storm finally got here. I guess the weather is slower going west than it is east.

Thunder, lightening, rain

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      It's been a month but your storm finally got here. I guess the weather is slower going west than it is east.

Thunder, lightening, rain
      Cool. In June, though? Kind of unusual, isn't it?

We got more today that we can send you all.
      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• June was not a good month...we broke the previous record (set in 1980) for rainfall with 11.75 inches & the average is about 4 inches.

In fact if i had to take a guess, i would say there may not have been more than 5 days all month that it didn't rain.
        sigpic

Comment

• Now I get what the phrase "lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer" means. We've been getting smoke from far away fires from our Canadian northwest, and it sure changes the long distance visibility, but nothing like those poor folks near the fires are having to endure! Thick smoke (which we are fortunately not experiencing) sure is menacing, not to mention the ongoing concern about the fires themselves. Interesting sights of late though. The sun and even the moon have taken on "reddish" glows. And even this far away, having the daily forecast described as "hazy".

Hope the rain and the winds relieve things soon.....especially for those in jeopardy, including anyone who is affected by smoke due to medical conditions such as asthma.
          Last edited by CanDB; 07-03-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            June was not a good month...we broke the previous record (set in 1980) for rainfall with 11.75 inches & the average is about 4 inches.

In fact if i had to take a guess, i would say there may not have been more than 5 days all month that it didn't rain.
            We'll take that rainfall in my neck of the woods. There's actually a drought emergency declared in Washington State (which many people find impossible to believe) and we're breaking heat records every day for the past 7 days or so. Usually rains the whole month of June and only averages about 3 days a summer at 90+ here in Western Washington, this year we've already had 90+ for at least 10 days and July 4 weekend is supposed to be in the upper 90's. Meanwhile we've had high winds and crazy wildfires throughout the state...yuck!

Can't wait for summer to go away and football season to begin
            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
              We'll take that rainfall in my neck of the woods. There's actually a drought emergency declared in Washington State (which many people find impossible to believe) and we're breaking heat records every day for the past 7 days or so. Usually rains the whole month of June and only averages about 3 days a summer at 90+ here in Western Washington, this year we've already had 90+ for at least 10 days and July 4 weekend is supposed to be in the upper 90's. Meanwhile we've had high winds and crazy wildfires throughout the state...yuck!

Can't wait for summer to go away and football season to begin
              This and other posts, along with observations I have made over the last number of years reflect a changing globe, even if just in a partial way. It makes me wonder.....will people move to a place that has their type of climate only to arrive to something different than expected in the end? If so, hard to believe locational weather change could be a factor in such a short period of time.

Comment

• Climate change has its anomalies for sure. I was checking out our July weather stats, and often the hottest temperatures are not in the more recent era. For example, our hottest ever days in July are dominated by 1936, when over a 13 day period the highest daily temperatures were set 8 times! That must have been a hot summer, and no doubt, people back then must have been thinking that climate change was definitely upon them.

Comment

• Nothing says welcome to Monday like tornado sirens going off at 4:15AM. lots of branches down, but no real big damage for us.
                  sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                  Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                  Broncbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                    Nothing says welcome to Monday like tornado sirens going off at 4:15AM. lots of branches down, but no real big damage for us.
                    I'm glad you're safe.

One thing a out rain at an amusement park. It clears out the crowd.
                    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• We get tornadoes up here in Canada, and actually had an EF5 hit a town nearby my city a number of years ago. Makes sense, we do get hot sometimes humid weather, and anytime you get a cold front or some form of variation, nasty things can happen.....even if your summers are relatively short. On Monday we were on a small trip to the western side of our province, and reports were that a pretty severe storm was going to occur. Sure enough, late that night we got a warning on tv that a tornado had struck and that it may have been active for 3 hours!! AND....the storm was moving in a NNE path.....which by my estimation, was sort of where we were. Granted it was still quite far away, but who knows with a big storm. It did make me nervous, given it was dark out and stormy, and we were in a fairly simple dwelling. In other words, little to go on, and few places to hide.

Luckily the tornado didn't do a lot of damage, as it roamed the vast rural area. But for me, one who does not do well with bad storms, it was kinda spooky. I mean, 3 hours on the ground!!! This is not your typical canuck twister. But then again, what is typical anymore? Give me an old fashioned blizzard and I'm much more comfortable....
                      Last edited by CanDB; 07-31-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Yikes, bad weather hit around supper time, including some hail. I did my best to avoid it by driving into a gas station, under the "roofing". Unfortunately the wind blew some hail onto my car, and I got a small dimple or two, pending another assessment. May even have some house roof damage. Could have been much worse. The storm passed by, and soonafter developed funnel clouds and tornado warnings. This summer has had its share of wicked stuff, but again, could have been worse.

Comment

• I am so sick and tired of the hot and humid weather

To make matters even worse, we had a water pipe burst in the ceiling above our bathroom. Now we have to dry it all out before they can tear apart the ceiling and walls and replace the carpet. So I get to have noisy fans AND HEATERS running for the next however many days. Grrr.

Thank God we're free and clear of the all the costs involved but this next week is looking pretty lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            I am so sick and tired of the hot and humid weather

To make matters even worse, we had a water pipe burst in the ceiling above our bathroom. Now we have to dry it all out before they can tear apart the ceiling and walls and replace the carpet. So I get to have noisy fans AND HEATERS running for the next however many days. Grrr. [/IMG]
                            Having to run heaters during a heat wave? That thoroughly sucks. Up here in Western Washington we're back up in the 90's again...there's been at least 25 days this summer >90...when we moved up here 3 years ago the 1st summer never had a single day above 89 At least we don't have the crazy wildfires like over the central and eastern part of the state, but everything is super dry and it only takes one idiot to start a disaster...
                            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

• Snow on the San Juans this morning. Best guesstimate is at about the 12,500 foot level.

You know it, I know it, we all know it...

Winter IS Coming!!!
                              Winter is Coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                                Snow on the San Juans this morning. Best guesstimate is at about the 12,500 foot level.

You know it, I know it, we all know it...

Winter IS Coming!!!
                                We had snow about a month ago up by the alpine visitor center...
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X