• Show
Clear All

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Might s-n-o-w here tonight..might just go back to bed

Leave a comment:

• Blinder_Tu22
    replied
    Yes, I know, I know... Meanwhile, I can only see Soviet concrete blocks as far as I can see out of the window... At least, it's sunny. I hope I'll be able to get there next summer, even if it's just for a week or two!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

Humble isn't exactly how I have been feeling...I won't post what I have been thinking....good grief.
    Albeit I know I know we need the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGIZCM0645w

Wet snow, rain and thunderstorms Wednesday

Hang tough 2MW. Crazy thing about climate here in the last 5 - 10 years, Summers warmer and drier on average, winters shorter and less cold streaks....but autumns that seem shorter, and goofy springs that appear to begin earlier but drag on...

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Nothing like a few days of "winter" to keep things humble....

Humble isn't exactly how I have been feeling...I won't post what I have been thinking....good grief.
    Albeit I know I know we need the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGIZCM0645w

Wet snow, rain and thunderstorms Wednesday...AGAIN.....

Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 04-20-2021, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Nothing like a few days of "winter" to keep things humble....

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

Don't think my body could handle those temps. "Wash car regularly" time?
    Haha....or just don't wash til you feel the need!!

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied

It's weird how us "northerners" can gradually get used to colder temps as the winter comes on. What you thought was cold in early winter gets to be fine a month or so later. BUT, most of us have a limit. For example, a wind chill that bites through your exposed skin in no time. Conversely, I know a lot of folks here, who like me, do not like it too mild in the middle of winter because it's messier in the streets, and sometimes icier as well. I actually don't mind it a little cold when driving, when the roads are dry. It's almost like driving in summer. But when you are in the middle of winter and the temperature hovers around freezing, it can be dangerous...and as no doubt, "wash car regularly" time!

Don't get me wrong...I like a milder winter than when it gets really cold. When we were playing outdoor hockey, I would love a calm day, but no warmer than -10C (14F). You could work up a sweat any higher than that. And yes yes...as I get older, the sooner I want spring!!!! The only issue with that, given we have a Red River that can swell up easy, is a quick melt, and some heavier early rain....which can be a problem for many, especially those near the river.
    Don't think my body could handle those temps. "Wash car regularly" time?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

I can imagine anyone who lives in a cold weather state, must really look forward to a warm day. I guess I shouldn't complain about us being warm too early.
    It's weird how us "northerners" can gradually get used to colder temps as the winter comes on. What you thought was cold in early winter gets to be fine a month or so later. BUT, most of us have a limit. For example, a wind chill that bites through your exposed skin in no time. Conversely, I know a lot of folks here, who like me, do not like it too mild in the middle of winter because it's messier in the streets, and sometimes icier as well. I actually don't mind it a little cold when driving, when the roads are dry. It's almost like driving in summer. But when you are in the middle of winter and the temperature hovers around freezing, it can be dangerous...and as no doubt, "wash car regularly" time!

Don't get me wrong...I like a milder winter than when it gets really cold. When we were playing outdoor hockey, I would love a calm day, but no warmer than -10C (14F). You could work up a sweat any higher than that. And yes yes...as I get older, the sooner I want spring!!!! The only issue with that, given we have a Red River that can swell up easy, is a quick melt, and some heavier early rain....which can be a problem for many, especially those near the river.

Leave a comment:

• Sophia23
    replied
    As expected with climate change...a polar vortex (which has taken on a new look over the years) that caused a record cold day for us, and within weeks, a record warm day, today. I do like a warm winter day!!! Spring like! Beautiful day for a walk in the park!!

I can imagine anyone who lives in a cold weather state, must really look forward to a warm day. I guess I shouldn't complain about us being warm too early.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    As expected with climate change...a polar vortex (which has taken on a new look over the years) that caused a record cold day for us, and within weeks, a record warm day, today. I do like a warm winter day!!! Spring like! Beautiful day for a walk in the park!!

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied

Interesting story!! Yes, I am very familiar with the Quebec Nordiques, who along with our Jets, were a big part of The WHA. I vividly remember us going out for supper at a great steakhouse here at the time - Hy's, and in came The Nordiques for their group meal. Anyway...some great hockey in that league.

I hope you get an NHL team back sooner than later!
    I wont hold my breath, the mayor is a weirdo that only want to talk and get a tramway ( that nobody wants) and the potentiel owner (Pierre Karl Péladeau) like to say we have what we need to buy but missed every chance given to him because of the entry price (he soun like a guy who want a NHL franchise at 50 mil lol)

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Louich View Post

Hey ho!

yeaha ''snow storm'' is here today... back in the days, under 30cm was called a snow fall, but hey! Since the simple cold does not exist anymore and it's only COVID, we might have a explanation lol

I'm in Québec city and it's part of the reason I never likes the Habs one of my favorite player of all time is Patrick Roy ( a guy from my city) and I loved my Nordiques (back in the days loll) the day the Owner sold my Nordique to Stan Kroenke and they made the deal to send Pat to Colorado and they then went on to win the Stanly cup was the straw than broke the camel's back.... I flushed the NHL and at the same time (96) the Broncos were prime time on my tv and I said to myself 'there you go buddy' I swapped the NHL for the NFL and never looked back again !
    Interesting story!! Yes, I am very familiar with the Quebec Nordiques, who along with our Jets, were a big part of The WHA. I vividly remember us going out for supper at a great steakhouse here at the time - Hy's, and in came The Nordiques for their group meal. Anyway...some great hockey in that league.

I hope you get an NHL team back sooner than later!
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-16-2021, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied

Yes....haven't had a sunburn either! And the only road rage is when someone's heater shuts off!!

Hey Lou....we hit -50C wind chill (-58F) the other night!! The polar v is soon leaving thank goodness!!

My kids are in TO and are under a snowfall warning...I may be wrong but I think you are in Montreal (or somewhere else in Quebec), and are facing similar conditions???

Hey....you liking the NHL North division? Montreal is solid this year. The only problem this season is all the back to back games. Reminds me a bit of the Original 6, but I didn't know any better!!
    Hey ho!

yeaha ''snow storm'' is here today... back in the days, under 30cm was called a snow fall, but hey! Since the simple cold does not exist anymore and it's only COVID, we might have a explanation lol

I'm in Québec city and it's part of the reason I never likes the Habs one of my favorite player of all time is Patrick Roy ( a guy from my city) and I loved my Nordiques (back in the days loll) the day the Owner sold my Nordique to Stan Kroenke and they made the deal to send Pat to Colorado and they then went on to win the Stanly cup was the straw than broke the camel's back.... I flushed the NHL and at the same time (96) the Broncos were prime time on my tv and I said to myself 'there you go buddy' I swapped the NHL for the NFL and never looked back again !

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Louich View Post

Well, on the good side I have not seen any mosquitos in a while
    Yes....haven't had a sunburn either! And the only road rage is when someone's heater shuts off!!

Hey Lou....we hit -50C wind chill (-58F) the other night!! The polar v is soon leaving thank goodness!!

My kids are in TO and are under a snowfall warning...I may be wrong but I think you are in Montreal (or somewhere else in Quebec), and are facing similar conditions???

Hey....you liking the NHL North division? Montreal is solid this year. The only problem this season is all the back to back games. Reminds me a bit of the Original 6, but I didn't know any better!!

Leave a comment:

• Louich
    replied
    This polar vortex that many of us are feeling seems to verify to some that climate is not changing. Too cold some say. Truth is, polar vortexes are changing as a result of climate change, with different patterns than in past. Instead of circling and descending south, they now have a different dimension...they have parts that go south with frigid air, and northward there can be "lobes" of warm air. This is unusual and we are told it will keep changing until the ice situation settles. Whenever that is.

So cold weather in these situations is an example of how the climate changes, even if it means cold masses at times. There is ample proof of increasing temps around the globe, with startling new records almost every year, not to mention the increased droughts, increased storms, and increased unknowns in the skies above.
    Well, on the good side I have not seen any mosquitos in a while

Leave a comment:

Working...
X