Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argh

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Argh

    Figures, coast through the semester before summer and then right as I'm going into shut down mode we have to do a persuasive speech on Thursday.

    No idea what I'm going to do. I've been brainstorming since class.

    Abortion. Nah. Don't care.

    Any ideas? I'm stumped

  • #2
    My frosh semester I did a persuasive speech on cell phones while driving.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      My frosh semester I did a persuasive speech on cell phones while driving.
      I'd be a hypocrite then

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
        I'd be a hypocrite then
        You for them, or against?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
          You for them, or against?
          I'm neutral, but not gonna lie. I text while driving.

          I'll talk on the phone too, I'd be lying if I said I didn't

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
            I'm neutral, but not gonna lie. I text while driving.

            I'll talk on the phone too, I'd be lying if I said I didn't
            Yeah I do... well I talk when I drive, not text.


            Why don't you do a persuasive speech about how NFL rookies need to have a salary cap?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              Yeah I do... well I talk when I drive, not text.


              Why don't you do a persuasive speech about how NFL rookies need to have a salary cap?
              I actually thought about that too, it's probably a leader.

              I've also thought about why more people should find stuff other than what's on the radio. *shrug*

              Comment


              • #8
                One day till the speech and I have yet to come up with a topic Oh man.

                Comment


                • #9
                  you have to be a bit more persuasive......

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    you have to be a bit more persuasive......
                    Alright, lets try this again.


                    Ahem.


                    I would really appreciate as many ideas as possible to go along with B4s ideas. I will give CPs to whoever comes up with ideas for me and I will give 5 to the person that gives me the idea I use. If I use it. After I get off probation too

                    Best Regards,
                    str8jacket

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      God im glad my school got rid of the speech class for my major.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How bout reopening tourism and trading and everything with cuba. bc were gonna open that up soon.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                          Alright, lets try this again.


                          Ahem.


                          I would really appreciate as many ideas as possible to go along with B4s ideas. I will give CPs to whoever comes up with ideas for me and I will give 5 to the person that gives me the idea I use. If I use it. After I get off probation too

                          Best Regards,
                          str8jacket
                          Just foolin with ya..........I forgot to add an "effective" smiley to my post...

                          Okay....here's a few:

                          1) The media has it's place, but it seems it's specialty has become "doom and gloom", which sells but adds little value (for example, the economic downturn was bad enough as it was, but certain media played it into almost a fear tactic, which no doubt increased the problem....leading many folks who had no reason to worry started cutting back, and this all lead to a much greater loss of business, jobs and so on).

                          2) Being positive has much better results (ha ha!!! I try to stay aboard this train).....this is an easy one to me......talk about the fact that positive thinking leads to positive outcomes; gives people energy; is healthier; and much much more

                          3) Humour is a big plus.....again, it is healthy; it is attractive if used appropriately; it breaks the ice; it rubs off on others; it feels good

                          4) Flattery will get you everywhere (almost)...it's proven that people get ahead in business by complimenting bosses; it is good for others who need some of it; it helps make you popular (if used appropraitely)

                          5) One of the hardest things to do is change the mindset of profiteers....can be applied to big corporations like oil companies, coal producers, other potentially "wasteful" industries; it can also apply to war in some cases; it can be detrimental to global warming (see above); the financial statements of many companies is much more important then social responsibility

                          Need more??

                          (BTW......this is fun for me....not in it for CPs)
                          Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2009, 12:04 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm not as creative as Can. I did a search.

                            http://collegeuniversity.suite101.co..._speech_topics
                            Administrator

                            Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                            Lupus Awareness Month

                            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                              I'm not as creative as Can. I did a search.

                              http://collegeuniversity.suite101.co..._speech_topics
                              That's creative in itself.......

                              I was just using examples of things that I can relate to......but it is smart to open yourself to other sources.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X