Customer Service….Lost Art??…Make it Your “Advantage”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customer Service.

This used to be a subject I could speak on for hours.

Now, I'm not as sure I can.

I'm not sure if I'm worn out or simply conditioned differently.

A few years of management may have hardened me?

Maybe it's so natural to me now that I don't even think when I extend great service and a smile anymore?

I don't know.

I could maybe use a few months working for tips again in a 4 star. This would have been the perfect weekend to do it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      Re: Customer Service.

This used to be a subject I could speak on for hours.

Now, I'm not as sure I can.

I'm not sure if I'm worn out or simply conditioned differently.

A few years of management may have hardened me?

Maybe it's so natural to me now that I don't even think when I extend great service and a smile anymore?

I don't know.

I could maybe use a few months working for tips again in a 4 star. This would have been the perfect weekend to do it, too.
      Too many tough customers? Too much belt tightening in your company? Too many long hours, not enough support? Something else all together?

Or as you allude to.....you've lost that lovin feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Too many tough customers? Too much belt tightening in your company? Too many long hours, not enough support? Something else all together?

Or as you allude to.....you've lost that lovin feeling.
        A bit of all of the above.

A shifting to getting used to dealing with the customers who aren't always right... and deciding when it's ok to pretend that they are... and when it's ok to tell them they're wrong.

Comment

A bit of all of the above.

A shifting to getting used to dealing with the customers who aren't always right... and deciding when it's ok to pretend that they are... and when it's ok to tell them they're wrong.
          You mean the customer's not always right???? Why didn't someone tell me that before....

Dang, I must have missed that class......

Comment

You mean the customer's not always right???? Why didn't someone tell me that before....

Dang, I must have missed that class......
            Oh, believe me... they're not always right.

Sometimes, you almost hope for them to cross that line so you can tell them where they really sit on that line.

When you become too abusive... you are wrong.

That's the most simple one... but yeah.

Comment

Oh, believe me... they're not always right.

Sometimes, you almost hope for them to cross that line so you can tell them where they really sit on that line.

When you become too abusive... you are wrong.

That's the most simple one... but yeah.
              *LT confronts a certain (goofy) customer, and says, "please sir, can you move over just a little.....you see that line over there.... yes that one....please step over it".....as LT's heart begins to pump at an increased speed, and as he prepares to deliver "the speech"*

Comment

*LT confronts a certain (goofy) customer, and says, "please sir, can you move over just a little.....you see that line over there.... yes that one....please step over it".....as LT's heart begins to pump at an increased speed, and as he prepares to deliver "the speech"*
                I would NEVER carefully antagonize a guest/customer to cross the line to the point where I could set them straight. Not even so carefully that it looked like I was being nice as possible.

Not ever.

Comment

I would NEVER carefully antagonize a guest/customer to cross the line to the point where I could set them straight. Not even so carefully that it looked like I was being nice as possible.

Not ever.

Never is a pretty long time.......

time's up.

BTW.....I do keep tabs on customer service, from my personal experiences, and it seems like every so often I come across another concern. Nothing major usually, but definitely sloppy efforts. Just makes me wonder if these people forget they are actually being paid to serve you or if these companies create policies to tick you off, thinking that will encourage you to return for more...."hey, thanks for that slap in the face...felt so good I thought I'd get another one."

I guess I've said enough on this one.... (okay, we went out for a bite, and they got my simple order wrong....had to wait close to 10 minutes. Good restaurant, excellent reputation, no big deal.)

Comment

Working...
                  X