I'd Like to Get A Cottage Out in the Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd Like to Get A Cottage Out in the Country

.......and if I did, I'd like to spend a couple of days with a group of folks who make BC their home away from home. I am not saying names, because you know who you are. And if the place is big enough, well....that would be even better.

As some of you know, I'm one of the senior (I call it experienced) ones that frequent this locale. And to set the table, I have been fortunate with family and friends in my life, not to mention a lot of good luck. Further, as I have stated on occasion, I didn't come here to meet folks, rather than to talk Broncos football. But in the end I have received more than I deserve, in terms of making some new friendships along the way. Now to be fair, these may not be deep friendships, and the short of it is that you can not be too sure of a relationship unless proven through actions that verify you can trust and count on some one to be there for you. Some of the folks here do know each other, and therefore their relationships are proven. In my case, I am projecting a bit with this friendship thing, but I do feel a certain level of comfort and ability to present myself to a number of the members. That's a definite positive sign. In fact, when I see certain members' names pop up, I get a good feeling.....call it a feel good thing. That by any standard means there is at the very least, some form of connection.

I do have some great friends in my life. And you could say that I was raised to be loyal. That's a credit to my parents, not me. And to support that loyalty theory, I have had very long-lasting relationships......with my best friends (some close to 45 years), my dear wife (over 28 years), the company that provided me with a great career (33 years) and so on. I have been blessed with the ability to seek out quality folks, and I hope you don't see that as boasting.....on the contrary I think it is a blessing. But I believe that with all my flaws, the one thing I know I'm good at is finding good, honest, caring, optimistic, trustworthy, humourous (by far the majority of them) people to hang out with. In fact, that has been my favourite gift in life....that ability and even better, the fact that those folks saw something in return.

So here's my little vision...maybe someday it will come to pass. A cottage with a special warmth, out in a beautiful country setting, with some trails and a lake, and maybe in the middle of autumn with all it's splendour, and some good food and drink, and a whole lot of great conversation and laughs with my newfound Broncos buds.

Thanks to you, I feel it's never too late for an old dog to find some new life.

:salute!:

Hey Can... glad we can help ya find some new life... but which country are we talking about? I mean.... some of our visas may not let us into Canada if that's where we land.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      Hey Can... glad we can help ya find some new life... but which country are we talking about? I mean.... some of our visas may not let us into Canada if that's where we land.
      Although Canada has amazing lake country.....we have to hlold this where most of the folks are located.....Colorado is fine by me.:thumb:

........that is, unless folks want a nice Canuck party, eh?

Comment

When I'm older and retired... I want a house out in the country surrounded by a lot of brush so I can go out and get the mail naked.

:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
          When I'm older and retired... I want a house out in the country surrounded by a lot of brush so I can go out and get the mail naked.

So that's what it comes down to? Gee, I'm probably old enough to go for it now......

Shoot, the darn mailbox is centrally located.....oh well.....btw, you may catch me on some video any day now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            So that's what it comes down to? Gee, I'm probably old enough to go for it now......

Shoot, the darn mailbox is centrally located.....oh well.....btw, you may catch me on some video any day now!!!

Wow!!!! Can is quite the voyer!!!

*2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

The cottage out in the countryside sounds great Can. You do need to make sure of at least two things though. Since you mentioned Autumn? football season? A big screen TV and a hi-speed internet connection in case the game isn't televised..lol.

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
                The cottage out in the countryside sounds great Can. You do need to make sure of at least two things though. Since you mentioned Autumn? football season? A big screen TV and a hi-speed internet connection in case the game isn't televised..lol.
                On my list.....

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
                  One thing......if we have internet and for some strange reason we lose the game.....we will not allow access to this site.....:nono:

This will be a positive weekend!

Comment

Working...
                  X