X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordTrychon
    replied
    I have my reasons. lol.

My family was not internet newbs... the internet was newb when we got on AIM.

I keep it because of the massive friends list from back in the day... and you never know when you'll need one of those people (FWIW... I still see a dozen or so of my old friends on when I log in) as well as the fact that sometimes, someone from the boards will see that I have the AIM contact number, and will use it to ask me a question or two for the boards.

Of the three main services, I've had the LEAST trouble with AIM. To this day, Yahoo sometimes won't log me in on my laptop, even though my password is saved.

Plus, in the older days, I could have AOL running as well as 3 different versions of AIM... I used to use it to mess with my friends under multiple usernames.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I dont use any of those anymore. Reminds me of 8th and 9th grade
    I just use Facebook
    Facebook chat for the win.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    I dont use any of those anymore. Reminds me of 8th and 9th grade
    I just use Facebook

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    What's this "AIM" you talk about? I've got Yahoo on my comp, but only use it when my email is open at work(which is most of 5- 6 days a week) and family logs in. Other then that...? Nope.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco-24
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Yeah, I think you used to talk to me.

I was like "WhoZ DIS nOOB?"
    I'm not so n00bish anymore:thumb:

Maybe I'll catch you on there sometime.

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    AIM and ICQ were the first programs out there, but ICQ didn't integrate itself into every part of your system like AIM did. If you downloaded it, you could forget ever getting rid of it.

I hated everything about AOL, including AIM. IMO they were for n00b internet users, and still are.

I didn't know ANYONE still used AIM until a one mod told me they were on it. I laughed and suggested they upgrade from 2001.

Personally, I use gmail, since I have it open anyway. I sometimes use Yahoo, but it's only out of absolute necessity. There are a couple people from another website that use YIM, and sometimes I HAVE to talk to them...

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    I went to Trillian a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    i used to use icq for work, when i had to communicate with people on different messaging services (aim, yahoo)

another thing helping msn take a lead was it being on the 360

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
    MSN rules all.
    She speaks truth.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    set aside AIM. why the HELL does every phone come with ICQ??????

ICQ wa like the first IM program available that got replaced by AIM, yahoo, and MSN quickly and I have only ever known one person who i've spoken to and communicated with through ICQ....

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    "Good-bye!"
    I hated that though because I would always lose connection with them all the time! Once my family upgraded to comcast high speed internet I found out the true powers of the internet.

I tried to do AIM again after I got comcast but I forgot to write down all like 150 of my friends screen names so I was like screw it and I never looked back.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    AIM was soooo elementary school.

It was tight as hell though especially logging on to the internet making the sounds PPSSSSSSHEHEEEEEEE OOOOOOO OCCCCCFRRRREEAAAAAAHHHHHHHEEERRRRRRRRRR.

Welcome!

You've got mail!
    "Good-bye!"

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    AIM was soooo elementary school.

It was tight as hell though especially logging on to the internet making the sounds PPSSSSSSHEHEEEEEEE OOOOOOO OCCCCCFRRRREEAAAAAAHHHHHHHEEERRRRRRRRRR.

Welcome!

You've got mail!

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Instant messaging just seems so.... middle school.

Leave a comment:

• Skywalker
    replied
    MSN rules all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X