Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good, consistent workout regimine that will get me firmed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good, consistent workout regimine that will get me firmed up?

(Trying to gain muscle mass but stay in shape. A high-carb, high-protein diet. For lifting days, increased weight on each rep.)

Monday
    Cardio
    Warmup:
    3x10 Wide Pushups
    3x20 Crunches
    3x10 Regular Pushups
    3x20 Reverse Crunches
    3x10 Tri-Pushups

1 mile heavy jog
    200M sprint 4x
    Bleachers 4x

1 mile light jog

1/2 mile heavy walk

1 mile light jog

Tuesday
    Lifting
    Warmup:
    3x30 second jump rope

3x30 Shoulder Shrug
    3x15 Bicep Curls
    3x15 Shoulder Press
    3x10 Tri Extensions
    3x10 Chest Press
    3x10 Lat Pulldown

Wednesday
    Recovery day. Mile long light jog.

Thursday
    Cardio
    Warmup:
    3x10 Wide Pushups
    3x20 Crunches
    3x10 Regular Pushups
    3x20 Reverse Crunches
    3x10 Tri-Pushups

1 mile heavy jog
    200M sprint 4x
    Bleachers 4x

1 mile light jog

1/2 mile heavy walk

1 mile light jog

Friday
    Lifting
    3x20 Leg Extensions
    3x20 Lunges
    15 minute stationary bike. Moderate speed.

Saturday

Recovery day.
    Mile long heavy jog.
    200M Sprint 2x
    Bleachers 2x

Sunday

Off.
    sigpic

You'll be sexy in no time man. But good stuff. Seeing this makes me want to work out again. .. . I havn't done much of it since Highschool. I miss it. I've been a lazy slob. :nono:

Comment

It looks good to me. I would try one thing if I were you. Since you are doing some type of muscle building on more than one day I would go ahead and move all of the arm contracting movements (latt pulldowns, curls, etcetera to one day, and add the bench workout to a push up day.

There is nothing wrong with doing the lifting on your cardio days. I usually run for a 1-1.5 miles before I lift. I like to get my heart rate up first so that it will remain above 100 while I am lifting.

The idea of not doing your curls and latt pulls on the same day as your chest work out is so that the blood flow is more isolated.

Some guys will tell you not to do cardio on days you are muscle building. That's for guys who plan on trying out for Mr. Olympia and have 15-20 hours a week to do nothing but lift. Ignore that philosophy,.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

More legs. For every pound of muscle you have, your body burns an extra 500 calories upkeeping it. Leg muscles are some of the easiest to build, and will be some of the biggest in your body. Squats and deadlifts are two of the best lifts you can do.

I also might add in pull ups. One of the best workouts you can do.

http://forums.menshealth.com/eve/for...21/m/156108723
        This place has some great reading for starting out, and can help you learn a lot more about lifting. Really helped me out. Good Luck RtB7
        sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
        SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

If you are trying to gain muscle mass, eliminate some of your cardio and reallocate it to lower body strength training. Your training regimen is set up for track and field?, and it appears you are attempting to keep bodyfat at a minimum. If I am correct, the first question I would ask is what are you eating as far as carbs/protein etc?. Are you utilizing supplements?

Also, your body will get used to any routine. Try changing things up after about a month with some core training.

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
          (Trying to gain muscle mass but stay in shape. A high-carb, high-protein diet. For lifting days, increased weight on each rep.)

Monday
          Cardio
          Warmup:
          3x10 Wide Pushups
          3x20 Crunches
          3x10 Regular Pushups
          3x20 Reverse Crunches
          3x10 Tri-Pushups

1 mile heavy jog
          200M sprint 4x
          Bleachers 4x

1 mile light jog

1/2 mile heavy walk

1 mile light jog

Tuesday
          Lifting
          Warmup:
          3x30 second jump rope

3x30 Shoulder Shrug
          3x15 Bicep Curls
          3x15 Shoulder Press
          3x10 Tri Extensions
          3x10 Chest Press
          3x10 Lat Pulldown

Wednesday
          Recovery day. Mile long light jog.

Thursday
          Cardio
          Warmup:
          3x10 Wide Pushups
          3x20 Crunches
          3x10 Regular Pushups
          3x20 Reverse Crunches
          3x10 Tri-Pushups

1 mile heavy jog
          200M sprint 4x
          Bleachers 4x

1 mile light jog

1/2 mile heavy walk

1 mile light jog

Friday
          Lifting
          3x20 Leg Extensions
          3x20 Lunges
          15 minute stationary bike. Moderate speed.

Saturday

Recovery day.
          Mile long heavy jog.
          200M Sprint 2x
          Bleachers 2x

Sunday

Off.

Comment

Looks like a well thought out plan,but if may i have been doing P90X for about a month,it's no infomercial scam,it works,nutrition plan, work out regimen,it really is the real deal.
            http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...20090630012840
            Last edited by darth-hideous; 06-29-2009, 06:29 PM.
            I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
              If you are trying to gain muscle mass, eliminate some of your cardio and reallocate it to lower body strength training. Your training regimen is set up for track and field?, and it appears you are attempting to keep bodyfat at a minimum. If I am correct, the first question I would ask is what are you eating as far as carbs/protein etc?. Are you utilizing supplements?

Also, your body will get used to any routine. Try changing things up after about a month with some core training.
              I'm trying to get more of a frame for a solid cornerback and a solid small forward/shooting guard. Basically I'm just trying to get a more built upper frame meanwhile staying light on my feet. Like I said, lean and tone. That's what I'm shooting for. The muscle that generates from my cardio will be enough to suffice in my opinion.

And yeah, I'm aware of plateau. I'll increase running distance, weight and reps as soon as I find my workout fairly easy to accomplish.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X