Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the "authentic" done!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got the "authentic" done!!

    These are the ones that started life as "CUTLER" authentic jerseys.... not anymore!! :nono:

    Name letters are sewn on tackle twill and they look GREAT in person.



    Sorry for crappy pic.. it was a cell phone pic.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  • #2
    Thats awesome, bro!
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      Thats awesome, bro!
      Thanks!!

      We are excited. The jerseys were too nice to let collect dust or just toss. THis was the best alternative we could come up with. And all three of us at the bar for MNF with our jerseys on!??!?! 6-6-6....
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
        Thanks!!

        We are excited. The jerseys were too nice to let collect dust or just toss. THis was the best alternative we could come up with. And all three of us at the bar for MNF with our jerseys on!??!?! 6-6-6....
        Just expect the "durdeedur that used to be a Cutler jersey, harharhar"
        sigpic

        Hooray, beer!

        Comment


        • #5
          Very resourceful. Youo've got what... $1,000 worth of jersey there? Yeah, that's definitely worth it.

          The names look perfect too. You should be pleased.

          Ignore the "Duh, that used to be a Cutler" jersey. You can get them in any number you want. Just comment that you wanted people to realize you were a dangerous family to screw with, so you got 6-6-6.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Just expect the "durdeedur that used to be a Cutler jersey, harharhar"
            Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            Very resourceful. Youo've got what... $1,000 worth of jersey there? Yeah, that's definitely worth it.

            The names look perfect too. You should be pleased.

            Ignore the "Duh, that used to be a Cutler" jersey. You can get them in any number you want. Just comment that you wanted people to realize you were a dangerous family to screw with, so you got 6-6-6.
            Well.. funny thing you mention the "durrdeeedeee" talk... that's about how local Raider fan talks anyways... so it's no big deal. We're used to it.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


            Comment


            • #7
              Unfortunately I have a Cutler premier jersey and I was thinking about changing it to another players'. If you don't mind, could you tell me where you got the letters from? and can you get numbers too?
              Originally posted by darth-hideous
              Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
              Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                Unfortunately I have a Cutler premier jersey and I was thinking about changing it to another players'. If you don't mind, could you tell me where you got the letters from? and can you get numbers too?
                I bought the 1st set of letters online though ebay. But the place I took them to coudn't use them. THere was some sort of "set up" they had to go through. Just check around for a local embroidery shop or some place that you can jerseys made for rec atletics. As long a they have the tackle twill(which they should) and access to the font(again, they should) then you're set. And for pricing idea? I paid $25 per jersey. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Only problem is..... you hafta get the old "CUTLER" off and a simple seam buster from any sew shop(maybe $5 at most but less then $2 at Wal-Mart) can break the seams then it takes some tweezers to fully pull the seems out. It took me about 45 minutes per jersey because I left the nameplate on and the stitching was a beeyatch)... or you can go the shortcut and pull the nameplate(the part the letters are sewn onto) off and not worry. Can ya tell I did some research on this??
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  I bought the 1st set of letters online though ebay. But the place I took them to coudn't use them. THere was some sort of "set up" they had to go through. Just check around for a local embroidery shop or some place that you can jerseys made for rec atletics. As long a they have the tackle twill(which they should) and access to the font(again, they should) then you're set. And for pricing idea? I paid $25 per jersey. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Only problem is..... you hafta get the old "CUTLER" off and a simple seam buster from any sew shop(maybe $5 at most but less then $2 at Wal-Mart) can break the seams then it takes some tweezers to fully pull the seems out. It took me about 45 minutes per jersey because I left the nameplate on and the stitching was a beeyatch)... or you can go the shortcut and pull the nameplate(the part the letters are sewn onto) off and not worry. Can ya tell I did some research on this??
                  Big time!

                  That's awesome though. Thanks for the advice. So it was a lengthy process I'm assuming?

                  Do you know if they would have numbers to buy too on ebay?

                  I'm thinking of making a Clady jersey:clady:
                  Originally posted by darth-hideous
                  Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                  Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You know... Seeing those three authentics and knowing what they go for (ballpark) and then realizing that at any moment an injury or a trade can make it completely unusable...

                    I mean seriously, that's about 1k you have there. More after taxes. In obsolete shirts if you didn't fix the names...

                    That's kind of absurd.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                      Big time!

                      That's awesome though. Thanks for the advice. So it was a lengthy process I'm assuming?

                      Do you know if they would have numbers to buy too on ebay?

                      I'm thinking of making a Clady jersey:clady:
                      Yes you can ge the numbers too.

                      http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Jersey-L...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

                      That is the seller I got the letters from. Just send him a message and let him know what you're after. But find place who can put em and if you find a place ask if they can do the letters/numbers. Migher be cheaper that way.

                      But yes... taking the numbers/letters off is gonna be your only time consuming task. The way they sticthed the letters onto the nameplate was kinda... well, done to hold up to some brutal hits.
                      Last edited by ebsoria; 07-03-2009, 01:23 PM.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                        You know... Seeing those three authentics and knowing what they go for (ballpark) and then realizing that at any moment an injury or a trade can make it completely unusable...

                        I mean seriously, that's about 1k you have there. More after taxes. In obsolete shirts if you didn't fix the names...

                        That's kind of absurd.
                        No ****!!!!! Fixing the name was a great thing to do. Now they are ours. And... notice the lack of the "captain" badge? We were on board the Cutler train before the train got too big. In fact... right after he got drafted my buddy(Diver) got ahold of the jerseys.

                        Okay... you can't see there are no "captain" badges... so take my word for it.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                          Yes you can ge the numbers too.

                          http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Jersey-L...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

                          That is the seller I got the letters from. Just send him a message and let him know what you're after. But find place who can put em and if you find a place ask if they can do the letters/numbers. Migher be cheaper that way.

                          But yes... taking the numbers/letters off is gonna be your only time consuming task. The way they sticthed the letters onto the nameplate was kinda... well, done to hold up to some brutal hits.
                          Thanks for the info. My only question is that I have a premier Cutler jersey, not authentic, would it matter when sewing on the authentic numbers/letters?

                          Since the jersey material is of a lesser quality (being premier) can this serve as a bad thing?
                          Originally posted by darth-hideous
                          Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                          Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                            Thanks for the info. My only question is that I have a premier Cutler jersey, not authentic, would it matter when sewing on the authentic numbers/letters?

                            Since the jersey material is of a lesser quality (being premier) can this serve as a bad thing?
                            Im not really familiar with the Premier jerseys... so I can't help ya with that. But sewing em on is sewing em on, I'd guess, so I can't see why there'd be a problem so long as you got the old numbers/letter off without damage to the jersey. You may get a snag here and there.. but they's "shrink" back or be less noticable after the 1st wash.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              jet needs to see this thread. His girls have jerseys that need to be altered and this was my suggestion to him. Fortunately for him, he has a crafty wife.

                              eb, for you, I would have done it for $20.00.
                              Administrator

                              Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                              Lupus Awareness

                              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X