There is something to be said about human emotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is something to be said about human emotion

I just watched a 6 minute clip of Michael's public memorial and at the end his daughter says a few words. I have gone through MJ's passing with the emotional indifference of an outsider. His death did not effect me. I didn't know him, therefore, I had no reason to be emotional. But... seeing and hearing the pain in his daughter's voice? I'll admit... that got me.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

if their is something that I hate about this Micheal Jackson thing is all these "stars" that are attending... I mean what are they really there for to remember Jackson or just be a tool and show off their singing skills... that's really only thing that I hate

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      I just watched a 6 minute clip of Michael's public memorial and at the end his daughter says a few words. I have gone through MJ's passing with the emotional indifference of an outsider. His death did not effect me. I didn't know him, therefore, I had no reason to be emotional. But... seeing and hearing the pain in his daughter's voice? I'll admit... that got me.
      i've seen children of murderers react the same way

i'm not saying MJ was a murderer, but kids are innocent, and if the parent was good to them, they will say it

you understand what i mean? a daughter of a serial killer could react the same way, if their serial killer father treated her specifically, great.

it's touching but it doesn't mean anything to me in the scope of him being a weird guy at the end of his life
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        i've seen children of murderers react the same way

i'm not saying MJ was a murderer, but kids are innocent, and if the parent was good to them, they will say it

you understand what i mean? a daughter of a serial killer could react the same way, if their serial killer father treated her specifically, great.

it's touching but it doesn't mean anything to me in the scope of him being a weird guy at the end of his life
        I was merely making an observation of her emotion... that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
          if their is something that I hate about this Micheal Jackson thing is all these "stars" that are attending... I mean what are they really there for to remember Jackson or just be a tool and show off their singing skills... that's really only thing that I hate
          I'm sure some of them are there for Jackson, its not fair to say all of them are there to just show off
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
            I was merely making an observation of her emotion... that's all.
            oh and i agree

that's why i said, children are innocent (most of the time)

i would say her statement and emotion show he was a great dad to her
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
              I'm sure some of them are there for Jackson, its not fair to say all of them are there to just show off
              you can tell the people like magic and brooke and smokey truely loved him

i do think magic's a bit retarded though

a fried chicken moment with MJ is his best moment in life? i'm sure magic's kids appreciated that lol

oh and when he said Michael made him a better point guard? get outta here with that garbage lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                you can tell the people like magic and brooke and smokey truely loved him

i do think magic's a bit retarded though

a fried chicken moment with MJ is his best moment in life? i'm sure magic's kids appreciated that lol

oh and when he said Michael made him a better point guard? get outta here with that garbage lol
                I didn't watch any of it but they showed clips of Magic's speech on SportsCenter just now, and I agree. Especially the "Michael made it possible for kids to own Kobe's jersey and my jersey" or something like that
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                  I didn't watch any of it but they showed clips of Magic's speech on SportsCenter just now, and I agree. Especially the "Michael made it possible for kids to own Kobe's jersey and my jersey" or something like that
                  oh i know man, the aids has made him retarded lol , poor guy
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990
                    this brings up my next point... and i hate to be a bit raciest... but why is it the only African Americans say this crap?... oh it was all M.J he made it possible for my kids to wear my jersey.... what are you talking about?... and Al Sharpten up their acting like he was the next coming of Jesus... I mean dang people shut up... but stop me if i am wrong but this same type of crap happened when Obama became president
                    :offtopic:

But anyways, I agree that seeing a little girl cry over the death of her father is heart breaking. No matter what the circumstance. We knew michael jackson as the entertainer/ news headline person that he was. She knew him as daddy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990
                      this brings up my next point... and i hate to be a bit raciest... but why is it the only African Americans say this crap?... oh it was all M.J he made it possible for my kids to wear my jersey.... what are you talking about?... and Al Sharpten up their acting like he was the next coming of Jesus... I mean dang people shut up... but stop me if i am wrong but this same type of crap happened when Obama became president
                      If you hate to be racist, then...

stop it.

eb, it got me, too.

L30, very true.
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                        :offtopic:

But anyways, I agree that seeing a little girl cry over the death of her father is heart breaking. No matter what the circumstance. We knew michael jackson as the entertainer/ news headline person that he was. She knew him as daddy.
                        Spoken like a parent. :salute!:

Comment

That's who I feel worst for in all this mess is his kids, regardless of what he did to other peoples kids you can tell he loved them and treated them well and it's sad that they have to go through that pain.
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought the Memorial was very well done.
                            The fans kept it respectful for the most part.
                            All the best to his family, especially his Children.

May he R.I.P. now after being pulled in so many different directions for so many years sadly.
                            Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 07-07-2009, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              That's who I feel worst for in all this mess is his kids, regardless of what he did or didn't do to other peoples kids you can tell he loved them and treated them well and it's sad that they have to go through that pain.

There... fixtit.

Comment

Working...
                              X