Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    There... fixtit.
    well and I didn't mean it like it was a for sure deal but so many people write it off as fact that he did it. I always felt sorry for what he went through in life to get to that point. I realize a lot of people will claim things happened especially when money and fame is involved so none of us really knows anything more than the tabloids tell us..
    sigpic

Comment

The daughter's words hit a universal nerve, given that we have hardly had any exposure to the kids before, and that she made Michael just another human being......something that I believe he would be most proud of. Too often our image of this person is so "off the wall" (sorry for that one), but to be recognized as a dad (and a good one at that) made him seem so special on this day.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        The daughter's words hit a universal nerve, given that we have hardly had any exposure to the kids before, and that she made Michael just another human being......something that I believe he would be most proud of. Too often our image of this person is so "off the wall" (sorry for that one), but to be recognized as a dad (and a good one at that) made him seem so special on this day.
        Just like she hit a universal note, you Can hit it right on the head.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I posted a long winded post on this topic this morning ... But deleted it because of not being able to respond during the work day.....

I watched the video and it did not hit the universal note with me ....

I do not idolize "stars" I dont not idolize people that have so much and die for so little ....

Emotions are universal and people can have an ifinite amount of reasons on why they feel the way they do ....

When I seen that little girl crying sorry guys I felt no sorrow ....

But that is the news .... Show me news of kids crying that never had a family,live in poverty,orphanges.. Never was able to meet their dad because they died in the line of duty ...That is the story that would touch a note with me ...But America would turn the channel.
          Last edited by LarryDean; 07-08-2009, 12:54 PM.
          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
            I posted a long winded post on this topic this morning ... But deleted it because of not being able to respond during the work day.....

I watched the video and it did not hit the universal note with me ....

I do not idolize "stars" I dont not idolize people that have so much and die for so little ....

Emotions are universal and people can have an ifinite amount of reasons on why they feel the way they do ....

When I seen that little girl crying sorry guys I felt no sorrow ....

But that is the news .... Show me news of kids crying that never had a family,live in poverty,orphanges.. Never was able to meet their dad because they died in the line of duty ...That is the story that would touch a note with me ...But America would turn the channel.
            LD, I see what you mean. But, dont confuse my OP with trying to martyr or idolize MJ. I wasn't, by any means. That's another debate entirely. To me, it's the human side of a little girl having lost her father and her emotions flooding out like that. The same can be said about your example where she lost her father in the line of duty... at the end of the day both little girls still lost their father, regardless of the circumstances. I'm speaking not of the cause of the emotions... but the emotions themselves.

That being said... I'm not condeming your thoughts either. :salute!:

Comment

LD, I see what you mean. But, dont confuse my OP with trying to martyr or idolize MJ. I wasn't, by any means. That's another debate entirely. To me, it's the human side of a little girl having lost her father and her emotions flooding out like that. The same can be said about your example where she lost her father in the line of duty... at the end of the day both little girls still lost their father, regardless of the circumstances. I'm speaking not of the cause of the emotions... but the emotions themselves.
              No I understood ....I used idolize as a reason why I felt no sorrow..A little girl that just lost her dad forget who the dad was should have struck a cord with me and it didnt ....I would probably say because of the circumstances ..

That being said... I'm not condeming your thoughts either. :salute!
              Its the end of the world as we know it !

Comment

No I understood ....I used idolize as a reason why I felt no sorrow..A little girl that just lost her dad forget who the dad was should have struck a cord with me and it didnt ....I would probably say because of the circumstances ..
                Ah, I see. You're seeing it in a bigger light then just isolated on the girl breaking down. Now I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down. :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean
                  I wanted to post on this last night and had a good grasp of where you was coming from in this part of the thread ...

so I clicked the video watched it felt no sorrow or anything really ....

brb I got 2 go take a handful of bitterness pills ...

with that video included I have watched about 2 mins of the Jackson news coverage ...
                  Check your CP.... :devil:

Comment

:devil:

Comment

Thought you'd like that.