No announcement yet.

How would you take this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I found out from someone else in my church they rented out the house as of yesterday. As of now I still have not heard a word from them telling me this...

I just don't even know what to do anymore, I guess if I disapear for a couple months it's because I won't have a house to have internet and power to run my computer. As of right now I'm 2 weeks from living on the street with my wife and two kids. Suddenly football season starting doesn't really seem so important anymore.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Well I found out from someone else in my church they rented out the house as of yesterday. As of now I still have not heard a word from them telling me this...

I just don't even know what to do anymore, I guess if I disapear for a couple months it's because I won't have a house to have internet and power to run my computer. As of right now I'm 2 weeks from living on the street with my wife and two kids. Suddenly football season starting doesn't really seem so important anymore.
      Dang man I'm very sorry to hear that, that's very tough! Where are you located at? Is there just no where nearby, or are the only unit available too expensive? Have you tried Craigslist?

As far as the other part goes, business is business, I try to avoid business with family or close associates because feelings can get hurt. I tell my wife who takes on odd jobs to not take anything personally, and don't expect more from friends and asociates than you would anyone else, since really they are just anyone else that we happen to know.

keep looking, something is bound to turn up!!!

Comment

well bussiness or not they should have had the courtesy to tell us something knowing we were waiting to hear back from them. Oddly enough someone just messaged me on facebook and I'm going to look at their house tomorrow.
        sigpic

Comment

well bussiness or not they should have had the courtesy to tell us something knowing we were waiting to hear back from them. Oddly enough someone just messaged me on facebook and I'm going to look at their house tomorrow.
          Agreed, acquantince or not that's just rude.

Comment

As far as our difficulties no it's not that it's too expensive it's just that A. No one wants to rent to us and B. the biggest we can find is 2 bedrooms for 4 people. We've got a lady that messaged me wanting me to come look at their 1300 sqft 2 bedroom house for $350 a month (everything else has been in the $600-$700 range) So I'm praying it's not a dump (not that I have the choice of being picky) and that it'll be enough space for all of us.
            sigpic

Comment

It's not that I'm frustrated at them for not giving me the house, it's that they realize I don't have time to screw around and need a yes or no answer. Regardless I'm going out tomorrow afternoon and hunting for apartments and if I don't hear from them friday the plan is to call them and then if they can't give me a answer then just say thanks for your time and rent an apartment (which I have no desire to do because I can only find 2 bedrooms for 4 people and you have to lock into a year lease....) but I gotta keep a roof over my kids heads and I don't really like the idea of comming home from work to find my stuff sitting on the curb.
              I'm really sorry bro.....that's gotta' be really tough.

I was only suggesting that you try not be irritated with them because they are not being as direct as you would like them to be. They might just be feeling awkward about it, not knowing what to say to you. They might just be afraid of offending you if they aren't sure they want to rent to you.

I feel for ya' though bro. I realize that being out of work doesn't mean you aren't someone who is very responsible. I was just recently laid off for four months and just went back to work a few weeks ago.

We didn't miss any payments, for which I am truly grateful because I know it could have been much worst.

Don't they have 3 bedroom apartments where you live?

I hope you don't mind me suggesting this, but there are some trailer parks that are actually pretty nice with 3 and 4 bedroom houses you can rent for about the same price as an apartment. I would rather live in a trailer park than in an apartment complex.
              Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 07-09-2009, 08:34 PM.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

As far as our difficulties no it's not that it's too expensive it's just that A. No one wants to rent to us and B. the biggest we can find is 2 bedrooms for 4 people. We've got a lady that messaged me wanting me to come look at their 1300 sqft 2 bedroom house for $350 a month (everything else has been in the $600-$700 range) So I'm praying it's not a dump (not that I have the choice of being picky) and that it'll be enough space for all of us.
                Man, those rent prices are low........where do you live?

I am feelin' for ya bro. I am going to pray for you to find something quick. Keep the faith man; He won't let ya' down! I know it's tough though, especially with your family. When I was laid off I can remember thinking to myself that it wouldn't have really bothered me much if I wasn't responsible for my family.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                  Man, those rent prices are low........where do you live?

I am feelin' for ya bro. I am going to pray for you to find something quick. Keep the faith man; He won't let ya' down! I know it's tough though, especially with your family. When I was laid off I can remember thinking to myself that it wouldn't have really bothered me much if I wasn't responsible for my family.
                  Salina, ks (rather be in denver!)

I almost used this as my chance to just throw everything in a truck and move to colorado but then I'd have to find a job, and someplace to live and I wouldn't have enough money to live there so....kansas it still is.

At least till my wife gets her RN and then we'll be able to afford a bit more.

The big problem we're facing is there are several high paying jobs in salina. Raytheon, Tony's Pizza, Phillips Lighting and Exide. Most of which have gone through a lot of lay offs (My former job at Windstream got outsourced to India leaving me unemployed for 6 months setting this mess into motion) But the problem is everyone is getting forclosed on and no one is buying houses, they all renting which is saturating the market and there arn't any houses available because of it. So basically you have to take what you can get but the problem is most everything here requires a 12 month lease which means we're stuck in a cracker box if we go that route and I really want to avoid it if I can.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X