Motorcyclists - Check In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    That's tough, it's dealership by dealership. I know Erico Motorsports by Coors Field will do test rides, but most wont.

Call ahead and see if a dealership has a demo day, or anything like that. I know that there used to be a demo day in Denver (they used to have it at Copper Mtn) that many manufacturers would attend, I don't know if that's still going on though.

Good idea, and great comments above too! Thank you very much.

Comment

Don't have one yet, but my dream bike:

CBR 929.

Its beautimus.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Don't have one yet, but my dream bike:

CBR 929.

Its beautimus.
        Those are pretty. There was a 954 (next year model) for sale locally last year, I drove by it drooling often

Mean machine, too!

Comment

Those are pretty. There was a 954 (next year model) for sale locally last year, I drove by it drooling often

Mean machine, too!
          I grew up riding dirtbikes, my Dad has a Goldwing I've rode a lot.

CBR's are pretty, I don't know if I'd ever own one, especially not for my very own first bike. I think that it would probably be a little too much bike for my first.

Any recommendations?
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I grew up riding dirtbikes, my Dad has a Goldwing I've rode a lot.

CBR's are pretty, I don't know if I'd ever own one, especially not for my very own first bike. I think that it would probably be a little too much bike for my first.

Any recommendations?
            Honestly, I'd recommend a used Ninja 250. You can buy them for dirt cheap, ride it for a year while you learn, and sell it for about what you paid for it.

They are actually fun bikes to ride as well. The newer ones look pretty, but they are still pretty expensive. But you can fine one pre 2008 for $1500 - $2000.

Great for learning riding techniques, cornering, etc, without so much power that overwhelmes (easy for a newer rider to get into a bad situation quick).

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              go to beginnerbikers.org if you want some excellent info
              Also, if you're new to riding or it's been a long time since you last rode, taking a motorcycle safety course is a great way to get your seat under you again. I took one and have to say it definitely made me a safer rider and cage driver, too.

Calling ahead to dealerships is the best way to try and get a test ride. Pretty much every dealer around here lets you take a bike out, but you've gotta plan ahead for the most part.
              Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
              FF is awesome!

Comment

Honestly, I'd recommend a used Ninja 250. You can buy them for dirt cheap, ride it for a year while you learn, and sell it for about what you paid for it.

They are actually fun bikes to ride as well. The newer ones look pretty, but they are still pretty expensive. But you can fine one pre 2008 for $1500 - $2000.

Great for learning riding techniques, cornering, etc, without so much power that overwhelmes (easy for a newer rider to get into a bad situation quick).
                Or you could by a 1997 BMW f650. I know of a guy who might be willing to sell his.
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

I found an '07 for under 2 grand.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...A-250-95364402
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

2000 miles, under $2k, if it's not far and you really are wanting to learn that's about perfect (as long as the ad is accurate).

Seriously, you can ride it for a year, and probably sell it for $1600-$1800. Ninja 250's are like newb rent a bikes You rent them for a year for a couple hundred before passing them along to the next guy/gal.

I've gotten my friends 250r up to about 98mph, and it will keep up with traffic just fine. Not great passing power in the freeways, but it's not going to surprise you either.

Comment

This is close to my first bike. I was 13, it was 100cc of hell at 13

My dad got me this bike brand new in 1978. Looks just like it.

Then I had a 1979 KZ 750. Then I got married(again) and sold it in 1994
                      Have not owned one since. Got divorced and married again(must love pain,LOL) but this one wants me to get one. Oh ya, she is awsome! Just need to save up. I have kept my motorcycle endorsment since I was 16. I have taken many on rides since 94 though.

Here is what I would like right about NOW!

Its only a picture
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna take that advice FF and attend a refresher class.

I don't know how comfortable I will be riding a lighter bike in Denver, but, I'm sure I would get used to it.

I called the guy. The ad is accurate.

Looks like I'll be calling my Dad to see if I can borrow the trailer.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I'm gonna take that advice FF and attend a refresher class.

I don't know how comfortable I will be riding a lighter bike in Denver, but, I'm sure I would get used to it.

I called the guy. The ad is accurate.

Looks like I'll be calling my Dad to see if I can borrow the trailer.
                          If you ride it, make sure to wind it out - the motors are made to be revved up high, and there is NOTHING down low. If you let the motor rev though there is plenty power to get it moving. I'd avoid the highways for awhile in Denver, it would be intimidating on a small bike. But the skills you'll learn will go a long way - then when you're comfortable you'll be able to handle a powerful bike with ease.

Comment

Working...
                          X