Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    Did I kill the game....
    I either can't or don't know how to post a pic.

So, go ahead and put one up, and I'll give it a try.

My daughter has a scanner, so I'll see if she can show me.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      Easy... USAF MiG-15 "616"

"On September 21, 1953, Lt. No Kum-Suk of the Korean People's Armed Forces Air Corps defected to the South along with his MiG-15bis. This presented the USAF with its first flyable example of its MiG-15 opponent, and gave US intelligence the first chance to compare its initial impressions with actual flight test data. The MiG was dismantled and flown to Okinawa aboard a C-124 Globemaster. There, it was reassembled and flown by a crew of experienced test pilots including Maj. Gen. Albert B. Boyd, Major Charles E. "Chuck" Yeager, and Capt H. E. Collins. The MiG was painted with USAF markings, and was assigned the fictitious serial number "616", because Capt. Collins had used this same number on a plane he had once flown. The actual MiG serial number was 2015357. This aircraft was later flown to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. Lt. No's MiG-15bis is currently on display at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum, painted in its original North Korean markings."

And, might I add... the Korean pilot who defected had a most unfortunate name....
      Well, I was just looking for the model, which you got correct. That actual plane could be one of 15 that were acquired and tested by the USAF. I only used that pick to see if the markings would throw anybody off!!

It's your turn to post, bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
        Well, I was just looking for the model, which you got correct. That actual plane could be one of 15 that were acquired and tested by the USAF. I only used that pick to see if the markings would throw anybody off!!

It's your turn to post, bro!!
        Pft! The force is strong in me... you can't throw me off.

Ill post a pic tomorrow... recupe day today!!
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
        X