Keno/poker machines are a rip-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    You're clearly not a geography teacher!!!
    Nope. That's a social science too though, so I am ashamed.

It ain't the maps I have a problem with. It's the math involved in the distances.

And yeah, I ain't teaching geography. I'll quit first. Luckily, everyone else loves geography because it's easy. They hate economics, because it's... Not easy.

I love Economics. Everyone wins this way. I don't do Geography. I'm not really "about" dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
      South Dakota is closer to Denver than Vegas?

Oh, holy crap! It is! And not by just a little bit either. Welp, so much for my ability to judge distance.
      Yeah, Deadwood is a HUGE gambling city. Almost every place you walk in to has some form of gambling in it. My family meets up there about once or twice a year.

But you have to be 21 to gamble there. *sigh*
      the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Originally posted by tpryce93 View Post
        Yeah, Deadwood is a HUGE gambling city. Almost every place you walk in to has some form of gambling in it. My family meets up there about once or twice a year.

But you have to be 21 to gamble there. *sigh*
        yeah, I know. I grew up 30 minutes from Deadwood.

Comment

Nope. That's a social science too though, so I am ashamed.

It ain't the maps I have a problem with. It's the math involved in the distances.

And yeah, I ain't teaching geography. I'll quit first. Luckily, everyone else loves geography because it's easy. They hate economics, because it's... Not easy.

I love Economics. Everyone wins this way. I don't do Geography. I'm not really "about" dirt.
          I think you're confusing Geography with Geology.

Comment

yeah, I know. I grew up 30 minutes from Deadwood.
            nice! where at? Most of the family on my moms side came from Custer. I spent a lot of summers as a child in the custer/black hills area. Good times.
            the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

nice! where at? Most of the family on my moms side came from Custer. I spent a lot of summers as a child in the custer/black hills area. Good times.
              All over, actually. Rapid City, Black Hawk, Hill City, Piedmont. My parents live in Whitewood now. I live about 2 hours away.

Comment

I think you're confusing Geography with Geology.
                No, Geography actually has branches. One is physical Geography, which is the study of the Earth itself and the land formations on it.

Another branch is Human Geography, which studies humans in relation to their natural environment.

The first is a hard science, the second is a social science.

A third branch, called Environmental Science, is a hybrid of the two which uses both, making someone an expert of neither. I'm really not a fan of the third branch and believe that two experts in the first two branches will produce better results than any number of experts in the third.

In any case, the first branch is a hard science, the second is a social science, and I don't do geography regardless of the type of science it is.

Comment

No, Geography actually has branches. One is physical Geography, which is the study of the Earth itself and the land formations on it.

Another branch is Human Geography, which studies humans in relation to their natural environment.

The first is a hard science, the second is a social science.

A third branch, called Environmental Science, is a hybrid of the two which uses both, making someone an expert of neither. I'm really not a fan of the third branch and believe that two experts in the first two branches will produce better results than any number of experts in the third.

In any case, the first branch is a hard science, the second is a social science, and I don't do geography regardless of the type of science it is.
                  Um, that was actually a joke. I knew what you meant, but tried to make a funny, since Geology is a more direct study of the "dirt" and sounds similar to Geography.

Not really funny when you have to explain it, though. :doh:

Comment

Um, that was actually a joke. I knew what you meant, but tried to make a funny, since Geology is a more direct study of the "dirt" and sounds similar to Geography.

Not really funny when you have to explain it, though. :doh:
                    My bad.

In my defense, I'm known for being overly anal sometimes.

Comment

All over, actually. Rapid City, Black Hawk, Hill City, Piedmont. My parents live in Whitewood now. I live about 2 hours away.
                      cool. My dad hauls logs in to the saw mill in Hill City. And my uncle works there. He lost a pinky there to.
                      the space that is mine

Comment

My bad.

In my defense, I'm known for being overly anal sometimes.
                        I don't buy that for a minute!! <--- sarcasm btw

cool. My dad hauls logs in to the saw mill in Hill City. And my uncle works there. He lost a pinky there to.
                        One of my dad's friends lives in Colstrip. I can't remember the guy's name though.

Comment

I'm guessing it's closer by almost half the distance!!
                          South Dakota is only 450 miles away?
                          I did not know that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X