Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm an idiot!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm an idiot!

    Is what I screamed today.







    If you having nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.


    Anyone remember their parents telling them this?

    Yeah well it is true.


    I really, really, really, really ****ed myself today not following that advice.

    Ever wish you can just take back something you said?
    sigpic

  • #2
    All the time.

    Hang in there man, if this is the worst thing that happens this week, you're having a pretty good week.

    Comment


    • #3
      Dude all the time. I have a way of getting my foot placed in my mouth quite a bit. I'm not what you would call a think before you talk type of person. I tend to just say what I'm thinking and then deal with the repercussions later.

      Comment


      • #4
        All the time.

        It is amazing though what a heart-felt apology can do to fix the situation.
        sigpic

        I adopt andrewmlb.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
          All the time.

          It is amazing though what a heart-felt apology can do to fix the situation.
          Not when you have to do it front of her friends*








          * Gauntlet of man hating banshees.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            What exactly happened?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
              Not when you have to do it front of her friends*
              Why do you have to do it in front of her friends?

              "Man haters" in general don't appeal to me, and I avoid them. Being a man, I find that to be in my interests.

              It does make the situation harder, however, and certainly makes it far more difficult for either of you to get the outcome you desire. Such is the nature of such idiocy in general.

              If it were a normal group of people I wouldn't think it would be a big deal and doing it correctly could actually win you a lot more support and appreciation than the actual event stood to cost you.

              But yeah, if I take your meaning right, there's no good way to resolve it. Such is the nature of such things.

              Why do you have to do it in front of her group of man-hating friends?

              Perhaps the best option is to take her aside and tell her you're really sorry, and you'd love to make up for it even if that meant apologizing in front of her friends; if they weren't the type to make that completely untenable by their nature.

              "I feel really badly, and I want to apologize, but your friends hate men and behave like a bunch of howler monkeys on PCP, so that's not something I can do. I want to, but the situation makes that impossible. Give me a reasonable avenue to make this right with you, please. I really want to show my remorse. If you can suggest a reasonable way for me to do that, I'd certainly act on it."

              Comment


              • #8
                Something with #2 pencils comes to mind.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Women stick together, they always do. And they talk. They always, always talk. Nothing good comes out of that.

                  They will tell her they will stick up for her, and will not let her leave unless I apologise in front of them.

                  I'm waiting out the storm, dulling my pain with pain killers and rum and will go tomorrow. Or maybe sent a text message. eh?


                  Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                  Why do you have to do it in front of her friends?

                  "Man haters" in general don't appeal to me, and I avoid them. Being a man, I find that to be in my interests.

                  It does make the situation harder, however, and certainly makes it far more difficult for either of you to get the outcome you desire. Such is the nature of such idiocy in general.

                  If it were a normal group of people I wouldn't think it would be a big deal and doing it correctly could actually win you a lot more support and appreciation than the actual event stood to cost you.

                  But yeah, if I take your meaning right, there's no good way to resolve it. Such is the nature of such things.

                  Why do you have to do it in front of her group of man-hating friends?

                  Perhaps the best option is to take her aside and tell her you're really sorry, and you'd love to make up for it even if that meant apologizing in front of her friends; if they weren't the type to make that completely untenable by their nature.

                  "I feel really badly, and I want to apologize, but your friends hate men and behave like a bunch of howler monkeys on PCP, so that's not something I can do. I want to, but the situation makes that impossible. Give me a reasonable avenue to make this right with you, please. I really want to show my remorse. If you can suggest a reasonable way for me to do that, I'd certainly act on it."
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post

                    I'm waiting out the storm, dulling my pain with pain killers and rum and will go tomorrow. Or maybe sent a text message. eh?
                    I'd strongly advise against that.

                    I'm not familiar with you, your girl, her friends, or the situation. What I am familiar with is basic character and integrity.

                    Do it face to face. Not a note, not a text message, not a phone call.

                    Do it right, or not at all. If it's not worth doing it that way, then it's not worth doing in my opinion.

                    The day a girl sends me a text message apology is the day I usually start seeing what other women have planned for Friday night, and perhaps they're interested in going somewhere else.

                    :shrug:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      I'd strongly advise against that.

                      I'm not familiar with you, your girl, her friends, or the situation. What I am familiar with is basic character and integrity.

                      Do it face to face. Not a note, not a text message, not a phone call.

                      Do it right, or not at all. If it's not worth doing it that way, then it's not worth doing in my opinion.

                      The day a girl sends me a text message apology is the day I usually start seeing what other women have planned for Friday night, and perhaps they're interested in going somewhere else.

                      :shrug:
                      I am kidding about the text message. :shake:

                      don't even know how to do one.

                      I've been with her for about 6 years now. I have handled it before, but I really screwed up this time.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                        I am kidding about the text message. :shake:

                        don't even know how to do one.

                        I've been with her for about 6 years now. I have handled it before, but I really screwed up this time.
                        Oh.

                        Uht oh.

                        I thought this was a casual thing.

                        Dunno dude, good luck.

                        PS: Don't listen to me. All my friends are grounded from me. Seriously. I talk to them on the phone sometimes and it goes like this:

                        Pal: I can't hang out with you this weekend.

                        Me: Really? Why not?

                        Pal: I'm grounded.

                        Me: What do you mean you're grounded? What did you do?

                        Pal: I didn't do anything. And yes, I'm grounded. Not from everything, just from anything involving you.

                        Wives don't like me. Take my advice with a great deal of caution.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Even if they are "Men hating Banshiees", take the time to apologize to her and them. IMHO that is what a real man does. He owns up to his mistakes, and deals with the fallout.
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                          Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            Even if they are "Men hating Banshiees", take the time to apologize to her and them. IMHO that is what a real man does. He owns up to his mistakes, and deals with the fallout.
                            Why do I owe the others an apology?
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                              Why do I owe the others an apology?
                              To be honest, we need more context to actually do anything but take blind guesses.

                              Right now, I and presumably the others have no idea what the circumstance was, what the ramifications will be, and so on.

                              There's not enough context here for any advice any of us offer to possibly be of any use.

                              Any advice given so far (including my own) is unsound and should be ignored, because we simply don't know enough about what happened to give responsible input.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X