I'm so pissed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    Unless of course instead of stealing the speakers, they choose to steal the dogs.

I'm a grease monkey by nature. I know what tools cost. I find it hard to believe any thief doesn't know what tools cost. I find it hard to believe that a pair of ancient speakers was the most valuable thing sitting in a garage. Unfortunately, you're probably right that it was a kid. A sober and straight kid (in terms of drugs) is just as likely to steal speakers for his bedroom as for his drug habit, though.
    That's a war fought with big dogs. I guess I didn't point that out well enough in the barker statement.

I don't get that either. Why would the kid go through the hassel of removing a window to grab old speakers? It just doesn't make sense. It's rather disturbing though. I'd probably get in a paranoid fit and board all my garage windows.
    Brock you like a hurricane!
    sigpic
    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
      That's a war fought with big dogs. I guess I didn't point that out well enough in the barker statement.

I don't get that either. Why would the kid go through the hassel of removing a window to grab old speakers? It just doesn't make sense. It's rather disturbing though. I'd probably get in a paranoid fit and board all my garage windows.
      That's why I'd tend to think it was a kid thinking of his car, his fort or his bedroom rather than a thief or junkie. Your average power drill is worth more than those speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

They just ripped the window straight out...I took the plywood there in the garage and screwed it over the window and my landlord came over with an even thicker piece of plywood and did the same thing on the outside...
        Hey, that looks like the house I stole old speakers out of!

I'm sorry about that tho, you cant trust anyone now a days..

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
          That's why I'd tend to think it was a kid thinking of his car, his fort or his bedroom rather than a thief or junkie. Your average power drill is worth more than those speakers.
          That's what really strikes me though. The fact that he only came there for the speakers. Little kid or not, they usually come for other things; bigger game. You're right about his motives for the speakers though. Perhaps it's for personal use rather than pawning off. I'm rambling.

Whatever the case, we'll see justice when a tree falls on his car.
          Last edited by Fargo; 07-23-2009, 11:48 PM.
          Brock you like a hurricane!
          sigpic
          Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
            That's what really strikes me though. The fact that he only came there for the speakers. Little kid or not, they usually come for other things; bigger game. You're right about his motives for the speakers though. Perhaps it's for personal use rather than pawning off. I'm rambling.

Whatever the case, we'll see justice when a tree falls on his car.
            well and it was the cop that mentioned the drugs, he says it happens a lot in this area and a lot of the times when something ends up stolen the drug task force typically recovers it later on a raid. We live in an area with a huge amount of drugs (expecially meth, there are meth labs all over town)

it was just stupid though because there is a workbench right under the window and the speakers were sitting right there then right next to them still in rang of the window was a freaking hedge trimmer my wife paid $100 for....it makes little to no sense why they'd take one and not the other but oh well....I am pretty sure the cops found fingerprints on the window so they'll get what's coming to them eventually.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              screw that maybe I can help michael vick redeem himself by playing the part of my pit bull...anyone comes near he drills a football through their head.
              Man that made me lol when I read that..

Comment

Sorry to hear about this, Frey.

I'm glad it was just the garage and some old speakers. Could've been worse, it sounds like.

Fargo mentioned flood lights, and I'd piggy back on that idea. Motion activated ones would be even better since the surprise factor would scare someone trying to sneak around. My neighbor has some lights that are dimly lit all the time and get brighter when motion is detected. I think he got them at the local Home Depot/Menards/Lowes for $50 or so.

I like the fake camera idea, too.

Hang in there, brother. :salute!:
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

shytty.

Who knows what goes through their minds.

My car was broken into one night. They stole my cds, my cd player and my hockey gear.

***?

My big stinking bag of hockey gear, and they took it. They left my sticks which are $150 each, but took my gear. Now the gear is valuable, like $1500 woth, but not used, and it would have to be the same size as me.

I still to this day can not figure that one out. The cops suggested to me, that whoever broke in to my car, saw the bag and thought there might be cool stuff in there, snatched it, and when they saw it was full of used stinking hockey gear probably through it away in a dumpster.

But my hockey bag has hockey logos and stuff all over it. So weird.

Point is- people are stupid- they probably saw the speakers and didnt even think to think that they might be old and could buy the same ones online for like 5 bucks, or however much they are worth now.

Atleast thats all they took, so thats a relief.

Sucks still though.

Motion lights are good.

A buddy of mine did this once.

He bought or built a big dog house, not sure which, and then got a big thick chain and staked it into the ground, left a bunch of chain around the yard and then lead into the dog house. He put up big beware of dog signs. Of course there was never a dog, but it sure seemed like he had a big beast of a dog......
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I'm starting to really dislike this neighborhood I left for about 30-40 mins and came back to a note on my door saying someone had complained to the animal shelter about dogs being kept in a poor condition (I left them outside while I was out and about) I got told I had to have a doghouse for them and water (they said I didn't have water outside but they must have ignored the huge bowl sitting by the porch) by tomorrow or they were coming back to take our dogs away. Apparently it's city ordinance that if you leave your dog out for more than 10 mins you have to have a dog house...Some nosy neighbor so I didn't have one and turned me in while I was gone they weren't even out a full hour...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      neiborhood initiation

Seriously though, that's so messed up. I could never understand why people would do such a thing. Damn idiots always gotta mess things up. Sorry Freyaka .

I think you need to put a Pit bull in your garage, this will never happen again
                      Screw the Pit Bull, get a freakin Lion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X