Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from around Rochester

Hey all,

Tried to get out to do some photography today. Unfortunately, the weather would NOT cooperative and the lighting stank worse than a fat guys sweaty gym socks.

Anywho, these suck, but I hope you guys like them anyways.

Statue of Mercury:

Kodak World Headquarters:

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

For Jet. Frontier Field, Home of the Rochester Red Wings (Triple A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins). No game today sadly. Many all time greats like Cal Ripken and Don Baylor played here. Justin Morneau and Francisco Liriano have been here recently as well.

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

The Genesee River runs right through downtown.

High Falls:

The original (early 1800's) Rochester Gas and Electric generated electricity via waterwheel driven by the falls:

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

There isnt much left of the original RG&E building but outside walls and some lower levels. But, you can see down into the sub-levels where the waterwheel (now removed) was used to generate electricity:

Just down the river, there are the remains of an old triphammer factory. Many of the factories used waterwheels like these to run their machinery:

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

The Genesee River as it heads north to Lake Ontario:

Some of the earliest factories in Rochester. Many have been converted to restaurants, shops, clubs, etc:

Smokestack from High Falls Brewery:

If you have ever had a Genny, Genny Light or Honey Brown, it came from here:

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Wow, Sweet pics McSmashie!:salute!:

I got a Rochester around Monaca in Pittsburgh PA, but it's nothing like that:thumb:

Cp------>McSmashie

EDIT:[You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to McSmashie again.]
            Originally posted by darth-hideous
            Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
            Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Here are some shots of the Erie Canal. It runs through the suburb village I live in. This bridge is actually in the Guiness Book of World Records. It is the only liftbridge in the world where all four corners are at different elevations. This bridge lifts straight up to allow boats underneath.

The Canal itself:

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

And the best for last. The best pizza in Rochester:

NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!
                sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                  Wow, Sweet pics McSmashie!:salute!:
                  Thanks B24! I appreciate it.

Cp------>McSmashie

EDIT:[You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to McSmashie again.]
                  Story of my life! HAHAAH!
                  sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                    Thanks B24! I appreciate it.

Story of my life! HAHAAH!
                    No prob dude, I'll hit ya up when I can (For Cp of course :thumb
                    Originally posted by darth-hideous
                    Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                    Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Nice job! The clouds on the Mercury statue make it seem more vintage. It seems the weather didn't hurt the final outcome of the pictures at all.
                      Brock you like a hurricane!
                      sigpic
                      Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Oops forgot one. This one is interesting. Check out the hole in the rock cliff. This is just north of the High Falls. Doesnt quite look natural, does it?

That is because it isnt. This is the SECOND Rochester Gas and Electric station. The entire station is behind that doorway. The rock was cut out and the entire electric station was built behind that one doorway in the rock cliff.
                        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                          Oops forgot one. This one is interesting. Check out the hole in the rock cliff. This is just north of the High Falls. Doesnt quite look natural, does it?

That is because it isnt. This is the SECOND Rochester Gas and Electric station. The entire station is behind that doorway. The rock was cut out and the entire electric station was built behind that one doorway in the rock cliff.
                          Just another way to depress your employees I guess.

Very cool pics. I'm probably going to look up some more on that station.
                          Last edited by Fargo; 07-25-2009, 07:15 PM.
                          Brock you like a hurricane!
                          sigpic
                          Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                            Just another way to depress your employees I guess.

Very cool pics. I'm probably going to look up some more on that station.
                            Ill see if I can find anything for you on it.
                            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I've had Genesee Cream Ale before. Very good stuff! I had no idea where it was brewed!!

And thanks for the pics of the Red Wings stadium!! :salute!:

Comment

Working...
                              X