Torrent Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrent Help

I've been using torrents for years now and am currently using uTorrent and everything has been excellent till now where if I use UT my internet connection completely stops right after I exited UT and I have to basically reset my modem and everything to make the internet work again.

Now I have to set my global connection really limited (slow dl's) for my internet to not die on me and I'm wondering if it's because of my modem or if there's something wrong with anything else because this just happened recently and I've never experienced this before. I've tried using other torrent programs like bitcomet and I get the same results. Did my modem just crap out on me or am I just cursed?

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    I've been using torrents for years now and am currently using uTorrent and everything has been excellent till now where if I use UT my internet connection completely stops right after I exited UT and I have to basically reset my modem and everything to make the internet work again.

Now I have to set my global connection really limited (slow dl's) for my internet to not die on me and I'm wondering if it's because of my modem or if there's something wrong with anything else because this just happened recently and I've never experienced this before. I've tried using other torrent programs like bitcomet and I get the same results. Did my modem just crap out on me or am I just cursed?
    You have Comcast by chance?

Quick, ask me how I knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

No I actually use AT&T but I've seen lots of complaints from Comcast users.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

Right, so no more assing off. I think I found a fix for you:
        http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

The page shows many problems and fixes you can check out. Good luck!
        Last edited by Fargo; 07-28-2009, 06:00 PM.
        Brock you like a hurricane!
        sigpic
        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Hello, I am from the RIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post

Right, so no more assing off. I think I found a fix for you:
            http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

The page shows many problems and fixes you can check out. Good luck!
            I've tried looking at those before and majority of those either confuse the crap out of me or don't help. I need someone who can talk in English and not 1337 to me for me to understand.

Comment

Okay, so it's not Comcast.

AT&T ain't exactly playing fair either, though.

Still, they're better than Comcrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Hello, I am from the RIAA.

No thank you!

Comment

I've tried looking at those before and majority of those either confuse the crap out of me or don't help. I need someone who can talk in English and not 1337 to me for me to understand.
                  I wouldn't imagine technical service to be too helpful these days either. If uTorrent wasn't alien to me I'd offer more help. I'll look some more. If you can, is there any other details about the connection being lost?

Right. So I'm assuming it's AT&T trying to stop you from using UT. If that's the case, you can change what port uTorrent is using and enable encryption. If they are trying to filter your traffic that should stop it. Now I've never tried encryption, so perhaps somebody can help you from there.
                  Last edited by Fargo; 07-28-2009, 06:12 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                    I wouldn't imagine customer service to be too helpful these days either. If uTorrent wasn't alien to me I'd offer more help. I'll look some more. If you can, is there any other details about the connection being lost?
                    Well whenever I do lose connection to the internet it still says on my toolbar (bottom right) that I'm still connected to the internet and to test to see if it was I played an online game and apparently that works and connects to the internet but I can't access any websites or anything on my browser or anything.

If you don't know it well you don't have to go through any trouble because that will only give another person a headache. But I really do appreciate that your trying to help me though. :thumb:

Comment

Well whenever I do lose connection to the internet it still says on my toolbar (bottom right) that I'm still connected to the internet and to test to see if it was I played an online game and apparently that works and connects to the internet but I can't access any websites or anything on my browser or anything.

If you don't know it well you don't have to go through any trouble because that will only give another person a headache. But I really do appreciate that your trying to help me though. :thumb:
                      Yeah, that sounds like AT&T is trying to filter you. You're connected, but they're trying to block your access.
                      sigpic

Comment

bloody AT&T..........
                        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

How much are you downloading/streaming? It seems like they are capping you. Maybe you should see if you have this roblem when your next billing cycle starts. This has happened to me and I had to switch providers. I was not given a notice that I had reached a 'magical' number of GB but my service just got awful. You might need to switch service if you keep getting bad service.

Comment

Working...
                          X