Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dictator? President? King? Warlord? Empire? Communist? or a Republic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Republic of Coruscant IV
    “Commerce with all nations, alliance with none”

Category: Capitalist Paradise
    Civil Rights:
    Excellent Economy:
    Thriving Political Freedoms:
    Excellent
    Regional Influence: Minnow

The Republic of Coruscant IV is a fledgling, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6 million are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4%. A robust private sector is led by the Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports industries.

Voting is voluntary. Crime is a serious problem. Coruscant IV's national animal is the mustang, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the credit.

Coruscant IV is ranked 21st in the region and 11,828th in the world for Fattest Citizens.
    sigpic

Comment

Why play the game when I'm already the Dictator President King Warlord OF THE WORLD?
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        Why play the game when I'm already the Dictator President King Warlord OF THE WORLD?
        I thought we were a semi-autonomous collective.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          So did everyone else I tricked
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Went ahead and started one. Will see how much fun it ends up being. The Empire of Cartunisia bravely marches onward.
            Last edited by draco193; 08-05-2009, 10:21 PM.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

It's time for the government to allocate spending for the coming year, and as always, special interest groups are keen to have their say.

The Debate

1. "The state of the education system is, in many areas, simply frightful," says Teachers Union leader Pete Mistletoe. "And even where we are doing well, we could do better. I appeal to the authorities for a substantial boost in funding. Remember, the children are our future."

2. "We won't have a future unless we improve police numbers and rebuild the military," says General Akira Hamilton. "Oh, it's all well and good to have your fancy education and your nice cars, until some tinpot dictatorship decides to invade. And don't pretend like there aren't any of them in our region. Our number one priority has to be security."

3. "Education is nice, but Health and Social Welfare are more important," says celebrity social worker Hack King. "This is where the people who really need government help are: the marginalized of our society. If we don't help them, what kind of a nation are we?"

4. "Hey, I've got a crazy idea," says noted libertarian and bird-watcher Roger Frederickson. "How about the government stops taking so much tax from people? Give us a tax cut and we'll buy the things we need ourselves. People need to be weaned off the government teat!"

Hmmm, should I go with 1, 2, or 4? I'm way to indecisive to be a leader of a country...
              the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

lol, I made one a while ago when I saw this thread, but forgot the name so I just made a new one.

The Republic of Dbronx125
                “Yup, s'all good.”

Category: Capitalist Paradise
                Civil Rights:Some
                Economy:Thriving
                Political Freedoms:Very Good
                Regional Influence: Minnow

The Republic of Dbronx125 is a fledgling, economically powerful nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Social Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A large private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Beef-Based Agriculture.

Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Dbronx125's national animal is the tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the gold.
                A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
                X