Grumble Grumble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumble Grumble...

So as we know, it's early August and summer is still rolling on. The birds are out, the flowers are in bloom, the weather's nice, sky is blue, and everything's just fine.

But.

What I see in front of me, outside my window, is a travesty. An injustice to summer, and a horrible slap to my face. I'm seeing trees turning orange and brown, and it's a painful reminder that Fall is just around the bend. Before I know it, I'll be outside with my coat and gloves wishing it was summer again.

I don't know about you, but I'm not an Autumn person. I have 21 maple and oak trees in my half-acre backyard and raking it is a nightmare. I've never liked the fall colors, and I certainly don't like Cleveland's overcast that comes with the colder months. No, I love the green colors, I love the clear sky, and frankly, I want out of Ohio.

So what I'm trying to say is... What joy do you guys get out of Autumn weather? Who else find themselves at odds with it?
    Brock you like a hurricane!
    sigpic
    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

I've never really liked summer to be honest. I hate the hot and humid weather, as I have asthma and it kills me in the summer sometimes. The humidity can make it really hard to breathe

I've always been big on Fall. I love the mild weather, and the colors to me are gorgeous. September and October are probably my favorite months of the year. I live in NJ and Fall is probably the only time of year where the weather here is actually enjoyable. Lately we've been having rainy and humid summers and it's just awful. The Winters have been bitter here too.

Plus the start of autumn means football season is finally here after all this waiting! :salute!:

Comment

To agree with TrueBronco, while it may seem with school starting and the weather turning uglier that the fall may suck....

Lets get real, four straight months of saturday and sunday all day pure beauty that is football is the best thing ever... As cool as 3 months of Baseball Tonight has been, give me some NFL Countdown
      sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
      30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

Here in Sacramento I hate summer It's so hot. I can't handle a week where the whether doesn't go below 100 degrees. I'm the kind of guy who loves the weather just cold enough to wear a hoody. Not too hot not too cold. Where I grew up. Fort Bragg California the weather is like that almost year round. If it gets to 70 there it's "Really hot". I believe while I lived there for 18 years it snowed twice and not even enough to stick.
        I then moved to New Mexico. The weather there wasn't that bad. I (thought, untill I moved to Sacramento) the summers were hot. But they were still bearable. The spring and fall were nice though. and in the winter it was fun for the first year because there was SNOW Plus I got snow days at work which was awesome. All and all though I just like cool weather, not HOT not Cold. cool.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I grew up in Tucson, so I've seen a hot summer myself. Regardless, the overcast and empty trees really do get depressing for me. It can be cloudy for months on end here and everything just looks grey. Humidity is an understandable problem though. We get it too in the summer. It's even worse that my father doesn't use an AC. I don't find it miserable though. Fall here lurks in the 40's and 50's, which is cold enough for me. Then the winters just knock me dead.

Football aside, I just can't find much to like about Autumn. No, I didn't have a choice when I moved here.
          Last edited by Fargo; 08-08-2009, 04:52 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            Here in Sacramento I hate summer It's so hot. I can't handle a week where the whether doesn't go below 100 degrees. I'm the kind of guy who loves the weather just cold enough to wear a hoody. Not too hot not too cold. Where I grew up. Fort Bragg California the weather is like that almost year round. If it gets to 70 there it's "Really hot". I believe while I lived there for 18 years it snowed twice and not even enough to stick.
            I then moved to New Mexico. The weather there wasn't that bad. I (thought, untill I moved to Sacramento) the summers were hot. But they were still bearable. The spring and fall were nice though. and in the winter it was fun for the first year because there was SNOW Plus I got snow days at work which was awesome. All and all though I just like cool weather, not HOT not Cold. cool.
            It's not that bad here... you get used to it and learn how to manage.

But, yes... Fort Bragg is beautiful. I'd love to go back. And my cousin was laughing at the fact that the tourist come to town and the weather is crap and overcast, but when they leave it clears up and is beautiful!!!!
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Honestly some of my best memories are in the fall. The hoodie weather, ghost rallies, haunted houses, apple cider and pumpkin spice, yellow and red leaves..

..I wish I knew how to say it. I don't know how, but its like a movie in my mind about how great the fall is. The sunsets, football...man, I can't wait for fall.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                It's not that bad here... you get used to it and learn how to manage.

But, yes... Fort Bragg is beautiful. I'd love to go back. And my cousin was laughing at the fact that the tourist come to town and the weather is crap and overcast, but when they leave it clears up and is beautiful!!!!
                Best part about living in Fort Bragg is when tourist point over to the ocean and ask, "what lake is that?" to which I usually respond, Lake Mendocino
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Ohio has had a much cooler summer then usual ...The winters here are not that bad but I dont like them either ....I like the fall in Ohio but not the winds and rain ...Cleveland is really on a different weather scale then southren Ohio..Erie PA weather is a lot colder and much harsher then where I live less then 300 miles away ...I dont know how it is in other states but the weather in ohio changes peoples attitudes and hides the honeys and thats not

But with that the springtime here more then makes up for it as some the most beautiful weather you can find imo...For those that dont like hot summers they would have loved Ohio this year .... I'm praying for a long Indian summer
                  :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Need a long Indian summer here as well, this has been the nicest week so far, rather cool but it's great for sleeping.
                    And it hasn't rained everyother day which is nice for a change.
                    Autumn is ok, pretty an all, except it means winter is coming.
                    which means it gets darker early YUK.
                    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 08-08-2009, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I love cold and snow.
                      sigpic

Comment

needtowinthelottery

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                        I love cold and snow.
                        In a nutshell...wish I could move away from it..everyone is different.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                          In a nutshell...wish I could move away from it..everyone is different.
                          For sure. Florida sounds nice, but there's a downside no doubt. Who's coming with me to Hawaii?
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm just ready for it to stop being 105 degree's outside....If that means a few leaves have to turn orange and fall off and some grass dies so be it....this hot weather is for the birds.
                            sigpic

Comment

I love Autumn! Mild weather. Fewer storms. Disappearance of insects. The beauty of the Autumn colours. The crisp mornings and nights, mixed with the last heat waves, though short. The aroma of the fall....sometimes a fire burning. Reminders of returning to school (although so long ago), and looking forward to seeing all the kids again, including some of the pretty girls I missed over the summer. A sense of opportunities and the possibilities of exciting new relationships. The lasting memories of the World Series. Still some time before the cold weather sets in.

Comment

Working...
                              X