Tips for Future College Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bioengineer
    have u ever actualaly done this? i am currently doing this and absolutley HATE it. lets say i was in 30k in debt when i graduate. Now compare how much i could enjoy life over 4 years compared to the first 30k i would spend after college. Student loans are wayyyy better than living with your parents. my financial aid says my parents make too much for me to get a loan in my name. i wish i could get a loan so badly.......
    Same here.

Can't get financial aid because my parents make "too" much but they will not pay for any of my college.

I'm not loved.
    sigpic

Comment

have u ever actualaly done this? i am currently doing this and absolutley HATE it. lets say i was in 30k in debt when i graduate. Now compare how much i could enjoy life over 4 years compared to the first 30k i would spend after college. Student loans are wayyyy better than living with your parents. my financial aid says my parents make too much for me to get a loan in my name. i wish i could get a loan so badly.......
      I lived at home until I was 21 and it was TOTALLY worth it. I was able to knock out most of the credit cards I opened when I was 18 which helps tremendously!

Besides 4 more years isn't hardly anything. You'll still have another 20 years or so of partying hard (depending on your life plan) so you really wouldn't be missing out on that much. Figure $800/month for rent x 4 years that's $38K blown and nothing really to show for it. Ya know?

Comment

for me living at home=doing absolutly nothing but going to class. living near campus=having a life. By moving out though you learn leadership skills by doing things related to school that are much harder to pick up later and being involved is very beneficial when your trying to get a job. I would have a lot to show by spending 38k on housing, for one I would be able to enjoy college. For me its different though cause I have a daily 5-6 hour commute..
        That's true. There is definitely a lot of things you pick up by living on your own at an early age. There are positives to doing it that way or deciding to live with your parents through college. I think it just depends where your priorities lie.

For me, I had to pay for a car, insurance and the credit cards so I worked full-time while I went to school. I wasn't going to be able to live the wild party life in college anyway so the parent situation worked well for me. To each their own ya know?

Comment

the time i spend commuting prevents me from getting a job. why did u have credit card problems? you dont really need a car at my school.
          Yeah, no joke. A 6 hour commute is crazy! If you could get through college without needing a job I'd totally go for it. I grew up in San Diego where a car is pretty much a necessity, and being that young the car insurance is crazy expensive.

Just being a stupid kid and buying a bunch of worthless crap like fancy clothes, video games, CD's and such. I'm so against giving 18 year old kids credit cards.

Comment

Another tip, always keep up with the readings.

Though it may not be important at that current time, when the mid terms and finals come around a lot better than having to read the whole book in a week.
            sigpic

Comment

When a girl asks for one beer, you give her two.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                When a girl asks for one beer, you give her two.
                You live in Wisconsin the land of beer, cheese, milk.

You will have to give a Wisconsin girl a 12 pack.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X