X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    if you have a early class . . . go to bed early, even though i havent grasped that one yet

dont go out to eat all the time unless you really have that much money

and finally wear a condom
    No.

I mean yes.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    if you have a early class . . . go to bed early, even though i havent grasped that one yet

2nd that.

And dont go out drinking every night.

Leave a comment:

• muse
    replied
    I don't know how different college life is in the US compared to over here (apart from the fact that we have much easier access to alcohol ) but the hardest thing about university is learning how to work. For the first year and a half when I was doing my weekly tutorial work, I'd start on saturday (deadline monday). Considering that the sheets on average took about 10 hours to do to a reasonable standard this wasn't smart. I eventually discovered that doing 2-3 hours on several days was the best way to go about it and made weekends much less stressful (I also started playing football which consumed most of my weekends).

That's why doing other activities on a regular basis is often helpful to work rather than a hinderance (although our college fails to see this) - it forces you to organise your time more effectively whilst people who do little else other than work don't always learn this; moreover, it's easier to get sick of what you're doing if you're not doing extracurricular stuff and keeping active in your spare time. That said, don't overdo the extracurricular stuff - taking on too much can kill your work.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Bassist
    replied
    Don't schedule 8:00 classes unless you have to. My first semester, I scheduled an 8:00 every day because I figured that since I was used to getting to High School before 8, I'd have no trouble. By the second month I was making one or two a week.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Feel free to add on to the list if you go to college since I'm still very new.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    started a topic Tips for Future College Students

Tips for Future College Students

Those of you in high school that are going to go to college soon here are some things I learned all from mistakes.
    • Apply for classes EARLY AS POSSIBLE
    • Don't let the advisor control your schedule because usually they are useless because they don't care about you since they deal with so many students.
    • Make sure you don't overload one day with classes especially if they are all lectures.
    • If you are waitlisted make sure you email the professor and go to the first day of class.
    • Where I go to school, parking is impossible to find and extremely crowded so... Don't kill anyone.
    • Don't go to class drunk
    • Make sure you don't take a class that's levels above you. I did that and basically sat through 2 hours of mumbo jumbo math with a bunch of adults in that class and had to switch out to the only other math class (precalc a level below me but w/e) at 8:30 AM!!
    • Make sure you talk to people and socialize. In only two days I've already made a few friends!
    • Take care of all your financial aid stuff asap before school starts. That is one thing I did right lol...
    • Buy your books from websites like Half.com or Amazon because that will save you so much more money then buying it from the bookstore.
Working...
X