Being barfed on rules!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being barfed on rules!

Ok not really...but because of it I get to grace you all with my presence all day since apparently no one wants to watch your kids when they are sick.
    sigpic

I don't have kids, but I was spewed on at an Incubus concert. The guy was beyond wasted and had to be dragged out.

Fun night.
    sigpic

Supporting McD since 2009.

Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

Comment

I don't want to watch my OWN kids when they're sick.

I got mini-barfed on just yesterday, but it was my 1-year-old, and he still chucks a bit from time to time, even when he's not sick. Sucks going back to work from lunch with that **** on you, though.
      sigpic

Comment

yea it's no fun expecially since I had to miss work because of it but oh well, gives me time to spend cleaning my house and positioning broncos memorabilia all over my house for my sisters boyfriend who will be staying with us this week end since they are traveling in from denver (he's a chargers fan....such a waste...) It's alright I have a special blanket for him to sleep with

sigpic

Comment

Since I'm bored and posting random things here's a funny picture from right before my wife and I moved

We couldn't figure out how she kept getting items off the top of the fridge and then I caught her red handed.
          sigpic

Comment

I want to congratulate you for being a responsible parent.

Nothing bugs me more than when a parent refuses to take a sick day when their kids are sick.

Yeah, it sucks, but being a parent and taking care of your kids is you JOB. No, you don't get paid for it, but you go to WORK so you can take care of your kids, not get away from them.

One of my relatives does that garbage all the time. Her kids get sick, and the daycare wont' take them, so she calls all of her relatives (including great grandma who can barely get around) until she finds someone to watch her sick kids. Her excuse? "I can't find anyone to cover my shift."

I say BULL CRAP!!! You tell work, "Sorry, I tried finding someone to cover for me, but my kids sick, so you'll have to be shorthanded today."

I've done it. No, you're boss isn't happy, but if you're a good employee who works hard, they'll get over it.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now!!!

The point of all that was: WTG Frey!!! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
              I want to congratulate you for being a responsible parent.

Nothing bugs me more than when a parent refuses to take a sick day when their kids are sick.

Yeah, it sucks, but being a parent and taking care of your kids is you JOB. No, you don't get paid for it, but you go to WORK so you can take care of your kids, not get away from them.

One of my relatives does that garbage all the time. Her kids get sick, and the daycare wont' take them, so she calls all of her relatives (including great grandma who can barely get around) until she finds someone to watch her sick kids. Her excuse? "I can't find anyone to cover my shift."

I say BULL CRAP!!! You tell work, "Sorry, I tried finding someone to cover for me, but my kids sick, so you'll have to be shorthanded today."

I've done it. No, you're boss isn't happy, but if you're a good employee who works hard, they'll get over it.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now!!!

The point of all that was: WTG Frey!!! :salute!:
              well trust me I was calling my mom bugging her because unlike me my mother does not have a job...My thing is I only have a very limited amount of sick time for the year and mines over half gone...But I've gotta do what I've gotta do.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                well trust me I was calling my mom bugging her because unlike me my mother does not have a job...My thing is I only have a very limited amount of sick time for the year and mines over half gone...But I've gotta do what I've gotta do.
                I'm lucky -- my wife had always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, for some reason. So, we're good when someone's sick. Problem is, she's always sick now, too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
                  I'm lucky -- my wife had always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, for some reason. So, we're good when someone's sick. Problem is, she's always sick now, too.
                  Wait -- not to say that I wouldn't stay home to take care of them if they were sick, but I'm lucky in that we don't have to worry about having other people take care of them while we both work.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's alright and all good! I just found out the benefit of staying home sick from work with the kids. My son is upstairs sleeping and my brother is bringing guitar hero 5 over for me to enjoy and enjoy it I shall!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Since I'm bored and posting random things here's a funny picture from right before my wife and I moved

We couldn't figure out how she kept getting items off the top of the fridge and then I caught her red handed.
                      Wow, see is a smart one!. This reminds me of the story Bill Cosby was telling. How a 3yr old can built a sophisticated ladder to get on the counter so they can reach a higher point. The only thing in our(parents) favor is they do not know yet that sound travels.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncbeat View Post
                        Wow, see is a smart one!. This reminds me of the story Bill Cosby was telling. How a 3yr old can built a sophisticated ladder to get on the counter so they can reach a higher point. The only thing in our(parents) favor is they do not know yet that sound travels.
                        she's far too smart for her own good!
                        sigpic

Comment

That's one thing. It's another when it requires OTHER people to take time from their jobs because you don't want to take time from yours, or you want Great Grandma, who doesn't get around so well, to take care of a sick kid.

You did what you had to do, and I admire that.

Comment

Working...
                          X