Annoyed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    So I'm selling stuff on Craig's List because I am remodeling my house and I just don't want the crap here any more. I list things at a price that is reasonable because fundamentally, I do indeed want to sell it.

Someone else gets a good item at a good price and I get it gone and get some cash. Everyone wins, right?

But then people show up and want to haggle.

This ain't a bazaar, jerk. The price is what I listed it at. You either want it at that price or you don't. If you don't, someone else does.

People irritate the crap out of me. The time they waste with this crap is unbelievable. Doing it to me once they're already here is seriously annoying too. At least the people that do it before they arrive don't have me waiting for them. I tell them to stick it too, though.

Seriously. It's not that hard. "Or Best Offer." If it's present, make a bid. If not, the price is what the price is. This isn't rocket science.
    Bro,
    Do you have a Lorne Sam and a Montrae Holland jersey?
    Sam
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Bro,
      Do you have a Lorne Sam and a Montrae Holland jersey?
      Sam
      Afraid not, Sam.

Comment

Dear Alastor,

Good luck on the remodeling.
        Sam
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Like yard sales and flea markets, Craigslist has a culture of bargain shoppers. You shouldnt sell on them and not expect negotiations. Especially with the economy in its present state. People are pinching pennies more than ever.

If you cant deal with the haggling or arent prepared to handle it, a service that lists and sells your items on eBay on your behalf might be a good choice for you. The items are gone, you get some money and you dont have to deal with the bargain hunters.
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            A teddy bear with spikes
            I keep seeing Teddy Roxbin w Road Warriors/Legion of Doom Shoulder Pads w spikes on. LMAO
            sigpic
            The Bronco fan pledge;
            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I'm a teddy bear. A big ole' squishy ball of love. Ask anyone. They'll tell ya'.

I'll ask Jet....im sure he knows ...
              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Not me. I'm a teddy bear. A big ole' squishy ball of love. Ask anyone. They'll tell ya'.
                For being so "lovable" you sure do like to give me IP for my love posts.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                  For being so "lovable" you sure do like to give me IP for my love posts.
                  Everyone needs a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                    Like yard sales and flea markets, Craigslist has a culture of bargain shoppers. You shouldnt sell on them and not expect negotiations. Especially with the economy in its present state. People are pinching pennies more than ever.

If you cant deal with the haggling or arent prepared to handle it, a service that lists and sells your items on eBay on your behalf might be a good choice for you. The items are gone, you get some money and you dont have to deal with the bargain hunters.
                    Good point. I've gone to look at items listed on craig's that I thought were a good price, only to find out that the picture didn't show otherwise obvious damage, and the poster didn't bother to mention it in the ad or on the phone...so I wasted my time going to look at it. I could see someone asking for a better deal in that case.
                    "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Originally posted by Ocrush4ever View Post
                      Good point. I've gone to look at items listed on craig's that I thought were a good price, only to find out that the picture didn't show otherwise obvious damage, and the poster didn't bother to mention it in the ad or on the phone...so I wasted my time going to look at it. I could see someone asking for a better deal in that case.
                      Yeah... The item I sold... Was in mint condition. I don't sell crap. I donate crap or I throw it away. If I sell it, it's in great shape. Otherwise I don't bother with the hassle.

Comment

Yeah... The item I sold... Was in mint condition. I don't sell crap. I donate crap or I throw it away. If I sell it, it's in great shape. Otherwise I don't bother with the hassle.
                        Good good. I go to ebay for mint, and look at craig's if I don't mind "gently used."
                        "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

Everyone needs a hobby.
                          Love is a hobby

and I love you!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                            Love is a hobby

and I love you!

I love the new avatar!
                            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioengineer
                              trust me he's not. I remember I saw those fangs last year when I got a permanent IP ban. But then I got some proxy software to hide my real IP. Those fangs are vicious! lol jk jk
                              Well... You may be right. It's hardest for the subject to judge themselves.

According to one bunny-eyed, cheeky, smiling, sweet, polite and reverent child in my classroom, I, and I'm quoting her here...

"You're unfit to be a teacher.

Because you have no soul."

I love kids.

Comment

So I'm selling stuff on Craig's List because I am remodeling my house and I just don't want the crap here any more. I list things at a price that is reasonable because fundamentally, I do indeed want to sell it.

Someone else gets a good item at a good price and I get it gone and get some cash. Everyone wins, right?

But then people show up and want to haggle.

This ain't a bazaar, jerk. The price is what I listed it at. You either want it at that price or you don't. If you don't, someone else does.

People irritate the crap out of me. The time they waste with this crap is unbelievable. Doing it to me once they're already here is seriously annoying too. At least the people that do it before they arrive don't have me waiting for them. I tell them to stick it too, though.

Seriously. It's not that hard. "Or Best Offer." If it's present, make a bid. If not, the price is what the price is. This isn't rocket science.
                                list it higher then let them haggle down to what you really wanted come on man you gotta play the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X