Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not There Again......No Way!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not There Again......No Way!!!!

    Have you ever ended up back in a situation, relationship, place or whatever that you swore you would never, ever return to? To me it's one of the most frustrating things in life.

    Some examples......I swore I'd never get back into a position that was primarily finance related, and sure enough, it happened. It was not translated to me very well by the leader of that group and because organizational changes were being made, I had limited choices at the time.

    And for some reason I have this recurring dream of moving back to a house we once bought that we thought had structural issues (which after some time and effort we proved otherwise). But until we did the due diligence, it was a bit tiring, and we thought it may cost us some serious bucks. Why I am faced with ongoing dreams about the place ticks me, because when I'm sleeping it sure feels real!!!

    Another example.....I hate driving on fast freeways and on the edge of mountain roads. Both driving scenarios make my knuckles "very white", my legs rubbery, and my heart race. BUT, seems like every couple of years we go somewhere that I must engage in those drives, or we don't get to where we are going to. And each time I wonder, "how did I end up on this road????"

    I have many more examples.......like getting injuries because I push my limits. Or, like this past week when we were moving one of our kids.....and not giving ourselves an extra day or two to finish jobs, because we assumed that each activity would go according to plan and on schedule.......yeah right!!!!

    And I am sure many of us have made the mistake of getting back together with someone, and having it all fall apart "very quickly", because of the same old things......like George in that Seinfeld bit, where he returns to his old girlfriend.

    What about you? Have you ever fallen back into one of those places or situations that you swore you would never go back to????
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-06-2009, 08:10 PM.

  • #2
    I think for me, itd be making a post and no one responding to it! haha jk

    Mine would be getting into a relationship that ends up the same as past relationships. I always try and learn from any mistakes made from the past and...I dunno, thats pretty much it.

    PS: I LOVE to drive fast on freeways
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      I think for me, itd be making a post and no one responding to it! haha jk

      Mine would be getting into a relationship that ends up the same as past relationships. I always try and learn from any mistakes made from the past and...I dunno, thats pretty much it.

      PS: I LOVE to drive fast on freeways
      Hey VD.......

      I am very much aware of starting threads that go nowhere......in a hurry!!!

      Mind you, I respect those who get right back up, and try again......I think I just patted myself on the back......for making one bad post after another!!!!

      hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

      Anyway...nice talking again VD.....how's Olga??

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, Can.... the first 2 times my ex-wife cheated on me. I swore- "NEVER agian!!!". But, coming from a broken childhood I tried everything I could to force it to work for my children. I always had the dream/ideal image in my head of their mommy and daddy growing old together and them being the ones at school who were able to say- "My parents are still together...". Then, the 3rd time? :nono: It became clear that you can't force someone to your will. I found myself being far more unhappy and it took a toll on my children. Lucky for me, they were only 2 and 4 when the ex and I seperated, so they really don't know mommy and daddy "together". All they see is mommy "happy"(and even that is debatable) with their step dad and they see daddy happy with Julianne(who they ADORE) and it's helped my relationship with my children so so much.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


        Comment


        • #5
          For me, it always was the same three things...

          Buffalo Wild Wings

          35 cent Tuesdays

          Hot BBQ sauce

          Yeah, it always ended up the same. But I kept doing it.

          Probably not what you're talking about, but for some reason that was the first thing that popped into my mind.
          sigpic

          Supporting McD since 2009.

          Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

          Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
            For me, it always was the same three things...

            Buffalo Wild Wings

            35 cent Tuesdays

            Hot BBQ sauce

            Yeah, it always ended up the same. But I kept doing it.

            Probably not what you're talking about, but for some reason that was the first thing that popped into my mind.
            Oo.... I can see how that'd make you not want to come back... yet lure you back to the table anyhow.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
              For me, it always was the same three things...

              Buffalo Wild Wings

              35 cent Tuesdays

              Hot BBQ sauce

              Yeah, it always ended up the same. But I kept doing it.

              Probably not what you're talking about, but for some reason that was the first thing that popped into my mind.
              Dammit! I had just gotten over my recent craving for BWW wings. Thanks a lot. What's this crap about Hot BBQ, anyway? You gotta man up and eat some with a little spice. My problem isn't the eating of the Blazin' wings, but rather the expulsion of said wings. Burning lips, you can drink a beer. Burning exhaust, uh, you suffer.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                Yeah, Can.... the first 2 times my ex-wife cheated on me. I swore- "NEVER agian!!!". But, coming from a broken childhood I tried everything I could to force it to work for my children. I always had the dream/ideal image in my head of their mommy and daddy growing old together and them being the ones at school who were able to say- "My parents are still together...". Then, the 3rd time? :nono: It became clear that you can't force someone to your will. I found myself being far more unhappy and it took a toll on my children. Lucky for me, they were only 2 and 4 when the ex and I seperated, so they really don't know mommy and daddy "together". All they see is mommy "happy"(and even that is debatable) with their step dad and they see daddy happy with Julianne(who they ADORE) and it's helped my relationship with my children so so much.
                Sorry about the "ex".......it's hard to not fall into the same trap when in a serious relationship. In fact, that may be the arena for the most "not there again" scenarios.......not because we continue to get it wrong, rather we try so hard to make it work....(especially when children are involved)

                But I believe you are where you want to be right now......happy for you.

                :thumb:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Sorry about the "ex".......it's hard to not fall into the same trap when in a serious relationship. In fact, that may be the arena for the most "not there again" scenarios.......not because we continue to get it wrong, rather we try so hard to make it work....(especially when children are involved)

                  But I believe you are where you want to be right now......happy for you.

                  :thumb:
                  You got that last part right- I'm happy for ME.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
                    Dammit! I had just gotten over my recent craving for BWW wings. Thanks a lot. What's this crap about Hot BBQ, anyway? You gotta man up and eat some with a little spice. My problem isn't the eating of the Blazin' wings, but rather the expulsion of said wings. Burning lips, you can drink a beer. Burning exhaust, uh, you suffer.
                    I like that flavor! Leave me alone!

                    It's not so much the spicy that gets me. It's the entrance of toxins into my stomach and the inevitable consequences. Especially the BDubs I went to in Cincinnati....I don't think they washed their hands.

                    But like a moron, I kept going back....
                    sigpic

                    Supporting McD since 2009.

                    Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

                    Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
                      Dammit! I had just gotten over my recent craving for BWW wings. Thanks a lot. What's this crap about Hot BBQ, anyway? You gotta man up and eat some with a little spice. My problem isn't the eating of the Blazin' wings, but rather the expulsion of said wings. Burning lips, you can drink a beer. Burning exhaust, uh, you suffer.
                      Two words: Baby wipes (with aloe).

                      and lots of pepto bismol.

                      Man, now I have a craving to do the blazing challenge again.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
                        I like that flavor! Leave me alone!

                        It's not so much the spicy that gets me. It's the entrance of toxins into my stomach and the inevitable consequences. Especially the BDubs I went to in Cincinnati....I don't think they washed their hands.

                        But like a moron, I kept going back....
                        I'm with you. Doesn't seem to matter how much of that kind of stuff you eat, you end up with 'urgency' with regards the terlet.

                        Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                        Two words: Baby wipes (with aloe).

                        and lots of pepto bismol.

                        Man, now I have a craving to do the blazing challenge again.....
                        Hm, my wife has some nice apple-scented baby wipes in her car. That way, if anyone has to stick their sniffer up my ****ter, they'll get a pleasant surprise! (yikes) CP to you for the tip, once I reload!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I apologize to CanDB for opening up this bizarre can of worms on an otherwise interesting thread.
                          sigpic

                          Supporting McD since 2009.

                          Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

                          Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RodSmithRules View Post
                            I apologize to CanDB for opening up this bizarre can of worms on an otherwise interesting thread.
                            You should apologize to all of us.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                              You should apologize to all of us.
                              sigpic

                              Supporting McD since 2009.

                              Adopted Bronco....Daniel Graham!

                              Adopted by Chillez! :salute!:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X