No announcement yet.

Verizon Droid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a major update to Android 2.0 coming out on 12/11 that should help with some of the initial bugs.

So far, after about 1 1/2 weeks I couldn't be happier with my Droid. There are tons of useful, cheap and easy apps, the device is lightning quick and the Browser is excellent (especially if you have wifi available), and it will only get better and better.

I'm not a fan of Blackberrys though, so I'm not exactly objective. I don't sync my e-mail with my work, from what I understand at this point that's still a bit easier with Blackerry's OS than Android's, so keep that in mind.

The physical keypad is a nice option, it's not great on the Droid, but not nearly as bad as some reviews would lead you to believe.

Play around with both and go with what you like best, everyone has different expectations and needs.

That said, the Droid is a remarkable device, I love the apps and widgets available (Pandora is freaking sweet), and once you get used to Android it really is a great OS.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
      There is a major update to Android 2.0 coming out on 12/11 that should help with some of the initial bugs.

So far, after about 1 1/2 weeks I couldn't be happier with my Droid. There are tons of useful, cheap and easy apps, the device is lightning quick and the Browser is excellent (especially if you have wifi available), and it will only get better and better.

I'm not a fan of Blackberrys though, so I'm not exactly objective. I don't sync my e-mail with my work, from what I understand at this point that's still a bit easier with Blackerry's OS than Android's, so keep that in mind.

The physical keypad is a nice option, it's not great on the Droid, but not nearly as bad as some reviews would lead you to believe.

Play around with both and go with what you like best, everyone has different expectations and needs.

That said, the Droid is a remarkable device, I love the apps and widgets available (Pandora is freaking sweet), and once you get used to Android it really is a great OS.
      One thing I would like to add to this is that after comparing the Droid to the My Touch recently I have found that the two phones are almost identical in user interface. The only major difference I have noticed is the My Touch lacks a physical keyboard. The on screen keyboard is very smart, and easy to use however. It's word recognition is pretty outstanding so it corrects everything you mistype without having to go back and edit.

In fact with Open Home you can even make the My Touch interface look exactly like the Droid if you wanted. Just a statement for those who do not have Verizon as a provider and are still interested in the Android OS.
      Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

I absolutely love my droid. Its the first smart phone i've had. I love how you can basically modify everything with some kind of app. Change the bubble things on the texts to certain colors, have a background picture there with Handcent. The weather & clock widget. The keyboard is a little awkward at first but nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews have stated. The on screen keyboard takes some getting used to especially if you have never experienced it because u may hit the wrong buttons although you really hit the right one. Im anxiouslly waiting for the update on 12/11 and the Adobe Flash Player in early 2010.
        2021 Adopt-A-Bronco -- KJ Hamler -- WE ARE!
        Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Guido & Tony Stewart!
        US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=2623

Sweet, they are using the Droid on the ads for mobile alerts now

For the record, I'm still in love with the Droid

Comment

Neither the Droid or Storm 2 stack up against the IPhone 3g...

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
              Too bad their carrier is an epic fail.

Comment

lol man i feel old.

i find it interesting that that providers sit there and say oh well theres no point in having broadband be available nationwide because they wont use it or dont know how yet they make phone that can do everything a computer can.....something wrong with that picture to me
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                  I dunno, I wasn't impressed with the Iphone 3g, I like the Droid much, much better.

Comment

I am currently trying to sell my soul to get a Droid, it doesnt have Java yet like the precious IPhone, but it's easier to use, u can customize it and has a real keyboard on it, take that Apple lovers.

I'm trying to sell my old phone (Which is new) on Craigslist to get this beast! ::fingers crossed::

Comment

I ordered my Droid 2 days ago, scheduled to be here on Monday, wooo hooo

Comment

Working...
                      X