Dogs!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs!!!!

I know alot of people are dog-lovers, but does anyone hear subscribe to the notion that the world would be better of without them? I can't stand those things! What's the point of having them? What have they ever done for society to balance out their many negatives!?
    Official Kyle Orton Army Soldier #128
    sigpic

I meant "here", but I can't edit due to the probation.
    Official Kyle Orton Army Soldier #128
    sigpic

Comment

My parents dog, Gracie, has a drinking problem. We often find her passed out on the floor like so:

It use to be cute, but its starting to get her in trouble. The other day, she woke up next to
      "I don't know what was harder -- that [Phillies lineup] or the AL All-Star team lineup," - Dan Haren 7/28/2009

RIP JJ 07/29/2009

Comment

dogs are amazing . . . they are also extremely useful

how about dogs for the blind or impaired or bomb dogs or drug detecting dogs, those seem pretty POSITIVE to me

not to mention they are just amazing to have and own and love, they know when you are sad or mad. and they just do goofy things that you cant help but smile at, my beagle will come into my room look at me in just a way i know shes lookin for trouble then look around for a sock, look back at me for a couple seconds grab the sock and tear out of the room, it cracks me up everytime

they also give unconditional love if you do the same, my dog will do something bad i will hit it and shove it away, not even 5 min later shes on my lap curled in a ball because you cant be mad at it

if you cant tell i love dogs, had one since the day i was born and other than not being at home have never been without one

also what the heck are their negatives, i cant think of one
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
          how about dogs for the blind or impaired or bomb dogs or drug detecting dogs, those seem pretty POSITIVE to me
          Seeing eye dogs are AMAZING. Two thursdays ago I got on the terminal train at DIA, and there was a blind guy and seeing eye dog. The train was extremly packed and loud, and of course stop and go.

Even with the big crowd all the commotion going on, that dog was cool, collected and alert.

Hell, he was doing better than me, cuz I had a good buzz from my flight and I hate crowded areas.
          "I don't know what was harder -- that [Phillies lineup] or the AL All-Star team lineup," - Dan Haren 7/28/2009

RIP JJ 07/29/2009

Comment

Dogs that help with the blind, dogs that help with law enforcement, dogs do everything cats don't.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
              Dogs that help with the blind, dogs that help with law enforcement, dogs do everything cats don't.
              Dogs protect you while you sleep. Cats will eat your eyes when you die.

RIP JJ 07/29/2009

Comment

What can dogs provide us?

Unconditional love.
                Sense siezures and strokes before they happen in humans.
                They guide the blind.
                They provide security.
                They were key to civilization forming -- they were our companions in the earliest days of agriculture.
                They're cute.
                They can be trained to be our better noses and ears.
                They can read our human emotions. No other animal can do this.
                Brock you like a hurricane!
                sigpic
                Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Here are just some of the things that dogs do for the betterment of mankind:

-bomb detection
                  -termite detection
                  -drug detection
                  -protection (police and military dogs,home protection)
                  -shepards (collies and other sheep dogs)
                  -fertilization of dirt (do I really need to spell this one out)
                  -therapy
                  -seeing eye dogs
                  -hearing dogs for the deaf
                  -hunting dogs
                  -assistance dogs to physically disabled people
                  -livestock guardians to ranchers
                  -search and rescue (can find people much more efficiently in bad conditions than people alone can)
                  -companionship
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

A note about seeing eye dogs.... if you ever see a blind person being mean or abusing their dog just calmly ask for the dog's name. Each dog is registered with a different name. You get that dog's name and report the abuse and that dog will be snatched from the abusive owner very fast.

But... back to why dogs are great... you've all mentioned why already. I want to add that dogs have saved lives over the years. NOt just police dogs or bomb dogs or even rescue dogs... but that owner who fell asleep and a fire started just to be woken up and saved by their dog.
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I have 3 kids and one small shi-tzu. The amount of pleasure I get watching my kids play with the dog and the love they have for each other is wonderful.

Annual vaccinations and food costs: $350.00

Love and fun for the family: Priceless

sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                        also what the heck are their negatives, i cant think of one
                        They slobber, chew door jabs, snore, eat everything in sight--then get sick---then beg for more food...

At least, that's what my last two dogs did, both boxers. Hubby and dog would have snoring contests.

I love dogs, but, like most things (everything), they're not perfect.

I've become more of a cat person. And, just because they don't fall at people's feet and worship them, doesn't mean they aren't great companions and bring joy.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          They slobber, chew door jabs, snore, eat everything in sight--then get sick---then beg for more food...

At least, that's what my last two dogs did, both boxers. Hubby and dog would have snoring contests.

I love dogs, but, like most things (everything), they're not perfect.

I've become more of a cat person. And, just because they don't fall at people's feet and worship them, doesn't mean they aren't great companions and bring joy.
                          Cats provided a lot of humor and laughter too. Did you ever see that clip of the cat on the bed that get's scarted and jumps into the wall?? I've seen it a gazillion times and I still laugh everytime!!!!
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I have and have had dogs and cats for most of my life.

Dogs are great companions. They are good friends.

Cats are great pets. Nice if you feel the need to love on something for a bit.

You can play with both, but a dog is ready to play whenever you are, and cats play when the feel like it.

There's positives for both. I like both. I'll always love dogs though.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I can't say I love all cats because the one time I lived with a cat was when I visited my aunts family in Florida and the damn thing pooped in my shoe and scratched me up for no reason even when I wasn't bothering him. The damn thing was so two faced too because whenever I'd have food he'd be right next to me sitting on its fat behind begging with those cat eyes. :doh:

At least dogs are nice all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X