Disneyworld or Disneyland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyworld or Disneyland?

We went to Disneyworld when the kids were in their teens, and we had a great time. Went to other great places like Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Nasa (Kennedy Space Center), as well as taking a side trip to Daytona Beach. It was a 10 day trip, with very little time to spare, and hardly gave my three "gals" much time to shop....but they did!!

Anyway, I've been to California a number of times but never went to Disneyland. My wife and I are thinking about a reasonably priced winter vacation, and Disney is in the running. And if we go, I would assume that Disneyworld is the better place to go....over Disneyland and surrounding area.

Do you concur, or do you have strong feelings about the California version, including sites to see outside of the Disney complex?
    Disneyworld
    61.90%
    Disneyland
    38.10%

Disney World is literally its own country. I went there for 1 day and barely made it to not even a fourth of the place.

I have no opinion on Disney land though because I've never been there but I've always assumed World to be better but if you guys haven't been to Disney Land I say go for it. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      We went to Disneyworld when the kids were in their teens, and we had a great time. Went to other great places like Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Nasa (Kennedy Space Center), as well as taking a side trip to Daytona Beach. It was a 10 day trip, with very little time to spare, and hardly gave my three "gals" much time to shop....but they did!!

Anyway, I've been to California a number of times but never went to Disneyland. My wife and I are thinking about a reasonably priced winter vacation, and Disney is in the running. And if we go, I would assume that Disneyworld is the better place to go....over Disneyland and surrounding area.

Do you concur, or do you have strong feelings about the California version, including sites to see outside of the Disney complex?
      You know, it's been way too long since I was at either place to give you an educated opinion on this. I was 7 when I went to DisneyWorld, and it hadn't been open very long. I hear there is so much more to do now than there was back then.

I was 16 when I went to Disneyland, and all I really remember was this cute girl I kept seeing all over the park that day. We kept checking each other out, but there was never a time to try and talk to her. After the fireworks show that night I waved to her as she and her parents were leaving and she waved back. Always wondered what may have happened if I had just gone and talked to here.

Eh, probably nothing, but I digress.

If you haven't been to Disneyland, then I vote you go there, Can, if for no other reason than to say you did.

Oh, and California has In and Out Burger, Florida doesn't. That's a huge factor as well.

If you go to Cali, you MUST stop at In and Out and order a Double Double with cheese, grilled onions and toasted bun. Do not forget that. Seriously.

Comment

Disneyworld isn't such a happy place. I know the truth, but if I told you, they'd try to kill me.

But seriously. Disneyworld is full of overpriced foods, unsatisfied parents with angry children, mediocre rides and attractions, and huge lines. The only thing I didn't see when I was there was a smiling family. Bad experience to say the least. I did see an ambulance arive to haul away an elderly lady who fell.

On the positive side, the Haunted Mansion was so relaxing! I nearly fell asleep in those comfy chairs.

I liked Disneyland though -- they have the same rides as Disneyworld AND it came first.
        Last edited by Fargo; 11-14-2009, 08:27 PM.
        Brock you like a hurricane!
        sigpic
        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          You know, it's been way too long since I was at either place to give you an educated opinion on this. I was 7 when I went to DisneyWorld, and it hadn't been open very long. I hear there is so much more to do now than there was back then.

I was 16 when I went to Disneyland, and all I really remember was this cute girl I kept seeing all over the park that day. We kept checking each other out, but there was never a time to try and talk to her. After the fireworks show that night I waved to her as she and her parents were leaving and she waved back. Always wondered what may have happened if I had just gone and talked to here.

Eh, probably nothing, but I digress.

If you haven't been to Disneyland, then I vote you go there, Can, if for no other reason than to say you did.

Oh, and California has In and Out Burger, Florida doesn't. That's a huge factor as well.

If you go to Cali, you MUST stop at In and Out and order a Double Double with cheese, grilled onions and toasted bun. Do not forget that. Seriously.
          good advice jet!

sorry bout the girl....I think......

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
            Disneyworld isn't such a happy place. I know the truth, but if I told you, they'd try to kill me.

But seriously. Disneyworld is full of overpriced foods, unsatisfied parents with angry children, mediocre rides and attractions, and huge lines. The only thing I didn't see when I was there was a smiling family. Bad experience to say the least. I did see an ambulance arive to haul away an elderly lady who fell.

On the positive side, the Haunted Mansion was so relaxing! I nearly fell asleep in those comfy chairs.

I liked Disneyland though -- they have the same rides as Disneyworld AND it came first.
            I think we were lucky when we went.....it was called spirit week or something like that for my kids, so they hardly missed a thing at school, while we managed to go to DWorld at a less busy time. Only issue for them was that Space Mountain was being repaired when we went.

Comment

I think we were lucky when we went.....it was called spirit week or something like that for my kids, so they hardly missed a thing at school, while we managed to go to DWorld at a less busy time. Only issue for them was that Space Mountain was being repaired when we went.
              Well missing school (or getting a break from school) is a happy occasion any day!

I'd have been a lot happier if it was on a less rushed schedule. I was down in Orlando doing a Jazz competition. We were all over the city that week and I had no time to sit down. Glad you enjoyed it though!
              Brock you like a hurricane!
              sigpic
              Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

I've been to Disneyland a couple of times.

And, since it's in CA, it wins.

I don't know if it has as much as Disneyworld, but I don't think you'd get bored.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I vote Disneyland because California is nicer than Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    I've been to Disneyland a couple of times.

And, since it's in CA, it wins.

I don't know if it has as much as Disneyworld, but I don't think you'd get bored.
                    Thx for the info Peanut!

Hope you don't mind, I was just eating some peanuts.......out of respect, I just put them away. That wasn't even a remote concern when you were MD!!

I don't even know what that meant.......
                    Last edited by Peanut; 11-11-2016, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I say Disneyland, maybe cause I have been there before and also love California.

I'm sure I would be a happy camper at Disneyworld as well.

I visit these site from time to time.
                      http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/

http://micechat.com/forums/

http://www.disneygeek.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                        I say Disneyland, maybe cause I have been there before and also love California.

I'm sure I would be a happy camper at Disneyworld as well.

I visit these site from time to time.
                        http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/

http://micechat.com/forums/

http://www.disneygeek.com/
                        Thanks for the info!!!

Much appreciated.

:salute!:

Comment

Cmon gang......it's tied up at 6 and 6, so it makes my decision a tough one......it hurts my little brain to make decisions

Need more responses......

PLEASE

Comment

Disneyworld for the win.

Went there a long time ago, but had a blast.

Comment

Cmon gang......it's tied up at 6 and 6, so it makes my decision a tough one......it hurts my little brain to make decisions

Need more responses......

PLEASE
                              If it counts I meant to pick Disneyland but I accidentally picked Disney World.

Comment

Working...
                              X