anyone fluent in German?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone fluent in German?

I know very, very little German. Does anyone speak it? know someone?

Can someone translate this for me?

sigpic

I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe that image is hosted by tripod.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by Freestyle View Post
      I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe that image is hosted by tripod.
      No it obviously says Hitler wore a thong.

Comment

don't know why that would be important.

Is is a known illegal site or somethin' ?

just took it from a World War 1 site. right click, properties, and copy it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
          don't know why that would be important.

Is is a known illegal site or somethin' ?

just took it from a World War 1 site. right click, properties, and copy it.
          You can't hotlink to trip-pod from message boards. All we see is this:

Comment

Pretty sure it has something to do with the German Navy...from World War I.

Sad thing is I lived in Germany for nearly four years, took some German, and pretty much all I can do is read German road signs.
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

oh bugger.

I'll try again.

Last edited by Bronco_Armada; 11-18-2009, 10:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

well honestly I haven't looked much at it, but roughly translated, Farbtonubersicht means shade or hue overview. In other words, judging by that title and the fact that there are a bunch of colors, I'd say these are shades of color used in the German Navy. For what, though, I'm not sure.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

I'm more interested in number 2 and 11. I have never seen a German ship painted in that shade of gray.

And I am not too sure what the green is for?

I know the Germans did paint their turrets for identification reasons, but have only came across a bright red/orange, Yellow, dark gray. Don't think they have ever painted a turret green, at least to my knowledge.
                  sigpic

Comment

As the navy introduced airplanes, they often painted their aircraft green. I know for a fact that the Bismarck's fighters for example, were forest green.

Comment

I'm more interested in number 2 and 11. I have never seen a German ship painted in that shade of gray.

And I am not too sure what the green is for?

I know the Germans did paint their turrets for identification reasons, but have only came across a bright red/orange, Yellow, dark gray. Don't think they have ever painted a turret green, at least to my knowledge.
                      Could likely be for non-combat ships perhaps? I am a big war buff, but sadly German military is not my expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                        As the navy introduced airplanes, they often painted their aircraft green. I know for a fact that the Bismarck's fighters for example, were forest green.
                        This is WWI period. German field manual at the time for naval aircraft observation did not have required colors, though most were shaded of blue, gray, or sand/tan.

As for the Bismarcks airplane, depends which year.

The above picture is for German ships only and during the Battle of Jutland and prior. All aircraft under Admiral Scheer's force was to the North of his fleet so no planes on board nor was there a heavy use of German planes in the battle unlike the British.
                        sigpic

Comment

2. Accent dark gray for inside and outside

11. watercolour green, chrome green. deckfarbe is roughly watercolour apparently, had to look that one up.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                            2. Accent dark gray for inside and outside

11. watercolour green, chrome green. deckfarbe is roughly watercolour apparently, had to look that one up.
                            Does the little title bar above it say specifically for what? funnels? merchant ships?
                            sigpic

Comment

Does the little title bar above it say specifically for what? funnels? merchant ships?
                              The title of the entire thing is "Shade survey for coats of paint for the Navy"

The left title is "Navy craft of Wilhelmshaven" (a town that has a big port and Naval museum) and Bauwerft III is "Shipyard III"

I think the right title says "Material Sheet", but just as a cataloging title.

Sadly I don't think this is much use without the catalog numbers of the corresponding ships.

Comment

Working...
                              X