Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer took a dump on itself.... $600 gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer took a dump on itself.... $600 gone.

Can't say what happened to my PC, but I came home and it was toast.

Good-bye 4000+ songs (right when I was about to get an external HD), Denver Broncos Super Bowl videos, family photos, and my artwork along with a good semesters worth of notes.

I think I'm more depressed about my music... That took forever to build that library.

$600 later, I have a brand new desktop which is quite amazing.

Windows 7, know anything about it?

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

Good-bye 4000+ songs (right when I was about to get an external HD), Denver Broncos Super Bowl videos, family photos, and my artwork along with a good semesters worth of notes.

I think I'm more depressed about my music... That took forever to build that library.

Man that sux Peer, I had the exact same thing happen to me, my laptop is completley toast and there isnt a thing I can do about it. Im not as computer savy as you are (the sigs you did for Jet are pretty friggn sweet) but all my stuff is gone too. If I have a running subscription with things like Spysweeper and Norton Anti-Virus on my laptop can I switch them over to a new laptop without having to re-buy the software?? This totally sucks, my GF's Pc wont let me click on my previous thread, or posts, wont let me CP anybody, I WANT MY COMPUTER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

doood.. thats crap. I'm sorry... that really sucks

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
        Man that sux Peer, I had the exact same thing happen to me, my laptop is completley toast and there isnt a thing I can do about it. Im not as computer savy as you are (the sigs you did for Jet are pretty friggn sweet) but all my stuff is gone too. If I have a running subscription with things like Spysweeper and Norton Anti-Virus on my laptop can I switch them over to a new laptop without having to re-buy the software?? This totally sucks, my GF's Pc wont let me click on my previous thread, or posts, wont let me CP anybody, I WANT MY COMPUTER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        It does suck bro. Like sure it is only music and random stuff... But those things are used EVERY single day of my life.

And YES, you can switch those subscriptions to your new PC or laptop as long as you have your correct information such as usernames/key codes/passwords.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          about bloody time Rav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry that happened to you.

External hard drives are well worth it. I also learned that the hard way about a year and 1/2 ago. I lost all of my music as well

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

It does suck bro. Like sure it is only music and random stuff... But those things are used EVERY single day of my life.

And YES, you can switch those subscriptions to your new PC or laptop as long as you have your correct information such as usernames/key codes/passwords.
              What if those programs dont have those things like usernames/keycodes/passwords??

My spyware/nortons anti-virus just update every year at the same time and My credit card is charged, do you know how I would get that switched over to a new lappy??? Im in the same boat as you dude, this sucks so much butt.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                What if those programs dont have those things like usernames/keycodes/passwords??

My spyware/nortons anti-virus just update every year at the same time and My credit card is charged, do you know how I would get that switched over to a new lappy??? Im in the same boat as you dude, this sucks so much butt.
                check ur inbox

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  check ur inbox
                  Thank you!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    I owe you a *hug*.

Sorry about your computer, Peerless.

Formerly known as BroncoFaninMD.
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Dang man, that sucks.

My wife balked at a $75 external hard drive purchase I made recently, but the problem is if you wait, your going to end up buying one anyways, plus whatever it costs to get your system back up and running, plus you may never recover what you have lost!

I lost a ton of pics, etc when my hard drive went out last year, it really sucks!

Comment

Yes, external hard drives are great to have... I've got two of them just in case something happens to the first one. You can never have enough backups
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Sorry to hear about your computer, I can probably tell you what happened to it. It probably fried after you finished my new sig because it could't handle how bad ass it is!! Thanks again Peerless and good luck with your next CPU.
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you know exactly what went wrong with your laptop? If you dont then you should have it checked. Your harddrive might still be ok. If its bad sectors on the harddrive, you can still repair it with software like HDDRegenerator.

I'm using Windows 7 now dual booting with Server2003. Its way better than XP.

:go:

Comment

Sorry for your your lost with 4000 songs, wow.Im glad you got another PC so you can talk bronco football and talk to your buddies on here.:go:

Comment

Working...
                              X