Snow Flying/Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Flying/Delays

Alright normally when my wife and I or just me have flown it has been nice calm sunny days to FL. The east coast is supposed to get hit with some snow but it stops at 4 PM EST Saturday and our flight leaves at 6:30 for ATL, then we hit the streets of DENVER before the Raiders Massacre.

My question is what typically hurts or will delay my flight. With a 2 1/2 window should we have enough flexibility for weather? We have an 1 1/2 hours from landing till departure in ATL. I'm just nervous as hell that I'm going to get stuck in Richmond or miss our connecting flight in Denver and not make it. I'm looking for honesty, but if anyone can comfort (I worry too much) I'd love to hear for those who have traveled with nasty weather before.

Thanks,
    Dave
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
    Alright normally when my wife and I or just me have flown it has been nice calm sunny days to FL. The east coast is supposed to get hit with some snow but it stops at 4 PM EST Saturday and our flight leaves at 6:30 for ATL, then we hit the streets of DENVER before the Raiders Massacre.

My question is what typically hurts or will delay my flight. With a 2 1/2 window should we have enough flexibility for weather? We have an 1 1/2 hours from landing till departure in ATL. I'm just nervous as hell that I'm going to get stuck in Richmond or miss our connecting flight in Denver and not make it. I'm looking for honesty, but if anyone can comfort (I worry too much) I'd love to hear for those who have traveled with nasty weather before.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Well, Dave, I'm not an expert but since no one else has answered...

I would think 2 1/2 hours would be enough time. Usually, they try to keep up with the runways.

You're south of us and you're suppose to get hit harder.

Suggestion....call the airport like 4-5 hours before your flight.

I just got back from doing some shopping with my stepfather who is visiting from CA. An absolute madhouse. :brick: :hammer: :hammer: Everybody is panicking.

Now the comfort---I'm better at this.

Everything will be fine. You'll get to the airport and will find clear runways and your flight will be on time. You're going to have a terrific time!

How was that?
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Doesn't look good for you.
      Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Doesn't look good for you.
        It was nearly tragic. We got onto a flight last night, but the left engine blew (SNAP CRACKLE AND POP with yellow and red streaks) on take off. we never made it out of Richmond. Instead a normal 50 minute drive home took three hours and we never could make it happen. So tomorrow Ill sit in front of the Directv as long as we have power and scream at the tv....
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
          It was nearly tragic. We got onto a flight last night, but the left engine blew (SNAP CRACKLE AND POP with yellow and red streaks) on take off. we never made it out of Richmond. Instead a normal 50 minute drive home took three hours and we never could make it happen. So tomorrow Ill sit in front of the Directv as long as we have power and scream at the tv....
          I'm sorry you didn't make it. At least it didn't happen at 30,00 feet. On my way to Germany once, we lost the right engine about an hour out of SFO. Had to turn around and land back in SF.

Anyway, make enough noise for the whole MB to hear!
          Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Working...
          X