• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darth-hideous
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    Well that isn't entirely true.

There are so many cracked apps out there it is ridiculous.

I remember reading that one of the Iphone firmware updates that they are trying to implement a block of some sort if someone does have a cracked app.
    i have a crack in my app.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied
    Jailbreaking = <3

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by Brancos View Post
    How do you hear what the other person is saying?

Also the edges look sharp.
    LMAO, Dude I would swear this guy was me if I didn't know better.

Leave a comment:

• Brancos
    replied
    How do you hear what the other person is saying?

Also the edges look sharp.

Leave a comment:

• Flying_Dutchman
    replied
    ^ Settings, General, Usage, Battery Percentage (on/off)

That's for the 3GS, I am not sure if its the same on the 3G, but its worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• Poindexter
    replied
    Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
    Here is my phone now:

The snowflakes in the background and the christmas tree light up, and flash back and forth. It's pretty cool.

I wanted to put a christmas theme on my phone. As you can see, I changed the wifi bars to a christmas tree, and the signal bars are green and red.

Here the first thing you'll notice is I changed my font. Also, if I get a missed call or e-mail, a snowflake will show up instead of a red circle. I also took away the white bar that is on the bottom of the phone surrounding the 4 bottom icons.

Does anybody know what I have to add to get the battery percentage next to the battery icon on the top right? I can't seem to find the add-on. I have an iPhone 3G with the 3.1.2 update.
    To answer your question I'm not sure of the specific named tweak, but if you use "rock" and look in the "system theme", and "battery theme" section there are tons of battery options.

Leave a comment:

• LbloodOjunkieG
    replied
    Here is my phone now:

The snowflakes in the background and the christmas tree light up, and flash back and forth. It's pretty cool.

I wanted to put a christmas theme on my phone. As you can see, I changed the wifi bars to a christmas tree, and the signal bars are green and red.

Here the first thing you'll notice is I changed my font. Also, if I get a missed call or e-mail, a snowflake will show up instead of a red circle. I also took away the white bar that is on the bottom of the phone surrounding the 4 bottom icons.

Does anybody know what I have to add to get the battery percentage next to the battery icon on the top right? I can't seem to find the add-on. I have an iPhone 3G with the 3.1.2 update.

Leave a comment:

• dandaman23
    replied
    Crazy, my friend was just telling me last night that she jailbroke her iPhone, and that I should do the same.. I was a bit skeptical, but I think I may try it..

Leave a comment:

• Flying_Dutchman
    replied
    ^that looks good. I did mine in all Red Bull theme.

Leave a comment:

• Poindexter
    replied
    Originally posted by LbloodOjunkieG View Post
    Thanks for posting this thread brah. I came across it about 20 minutes ago and thought to myself, "I have an iPhone, and nothing to do until i crash. I think I'll jailbreak my phone!" So I did some research first, and decided to use blackra1n. It's working pretty good so far. All I've done is messed around with my fonts, can't wait to see what else I can do with this.
    Blackra1n is definitely the best, most stable and safe way to go. Aside from the fact that it takes a whopping 30 seconds and a simple button push to do the job.

Here is a picture of my Iphone right now..(excuse the pic quality) I removed the carrier name, 3G symbol, and signal bars and replaced them with Bronco labels as you can see. I also added Bronco wallpaper, and a Bronco icon dock. As well as making the page marking dots orange and blue. Most noticeably I turned the icons themselves invisible and just left the app names so that the background could be seen clearly. You just push where the icon would normally be to open the app. The Battery symbol is also a Bronco label that fills when it's charging. These are all things I was able to do via Rock, and Cydia after I jailbroke the phone. It takes a little time and effort to learn, but once you have the basics the rest is easy to figure out.
    Last edited by Poindexter; 01-02-2010, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LbloodOjunkieG
    replied
    Thanks for posting this thread brah. I came across it about 20 minutes ago and thought to myself, "I have an iPhone, and nothing to do until i crash. I think I'll jailbreak my phone!" So I did some research first, and decided to use blackra1n. It's working pretty good so far. All I've done is messed around with my fonts, can't wait to see what else I can do with this.

Leave a comment:

• Poindexter
    replied
    Originally posted by Firstwave64 View Post
    ok couple things I have been Jailbreaking my iphone since the iphone 2g.....as far as I know you can only get T-mobile on the iphone....the Tethering was fixed with the last patch and you cannot download carrier updates on the phone to make it tether...you need Pdanet or mywifi....

Most of the Apps that are free that you are talking about are well Free apps...most if not all are free some you have to buy...you can't just download paid apps for free...
    Most of this info is outdated. All of the things you are claiming can no longer be done are all things that I am currently doing on 3.1.2 firmware.

PDAnet is a simple download anyone can get and use with little, or no effort once they set up an Add-hoc wireless connection on their computer. As far as I'm concerned this still constitutes the ability to tether for free even if the setup to do so requires one extra step that is frankly no big deal.

As for getting the apps for free there is a simple solution for that as well. Using Cydia (An app that is installed when you jailbreak your phone with Blackra1n) you can install any number of apps like Appulo.us, or Appcake which work as alternative app stores. The stores still browse just like the normal app store, but they allow you to download the .ipa files from the web for free as opposed to purchasing them. Much like a bit torrent provider does. The only major drawback to this is that the downloads can take awhile and sometimes the apps don't work the first time you download them. It's a small price to pay for free apps I suppose.

Here is a small list of apps I was able to download for free in this manor as a means of testing them out before deciding to buy them.

Assassins Creed
    Need For Speed Shift
    N.O.V.A
    Sim City
    Scrabble
    Uno
    Rock Band
    Tom Tom GPS (Glitchy, inaccurate, and not worth the money on Iphone)

There were 3 apps I was interested in that I was unable to download in this manner, so it's not a perfect system, but it does work for the most part rather well.

Cydia also has a program you can download to your phone called Winterboard.

Winterboard allows you to fully customize the look and "feel" of your phone. You can customize things like font, icons, themes, task bar, ect.

One especially handy aspect of this is called "Overboard" which is an app icon that controls your springboard allowing you to see all of your pages at once and instantly go to a specific page without having to scroll through.

There are numerous tutorials all over the web to do all of these things as well as and endless supply of youtube video walk throughs that can show you everything you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• Flying_Dutchman
    replied
    I jailbroke my Iphone 3gS at version 3. Ive been too lazy to update and jailbreak to the newer versions.

Leave a comment:

• Flying_Dutchman
    replied

Most of the Apps that are free that you are talking about are well Free apps...most if not all are free some you have to buy...you can't just download paid apps for free...
    You can download anything for free once your Phone is jailbroken.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Well that isn't entirely true.

There are so many cracked apps out there it is ridiculous.

I remember reading that one of the Iphone firmware updates that they are trying to implement a block of some sort if someone does have a cracked app.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X