• Show
Clear All

• Flying_Dutchman
    replied
    Glad it all worked out for ya.

Leave a comment:

• thatkidhunt
    replied
    I want to thank of all of you for taking the time to try and help with my problem, means a lot. My girl was able to get it under control while I was at work today but it seems many of you were right, it was my fingers resting on the pad as I was dragging it it was enlarging the text, to the point where my screen looked like a helium filled JaCholestrol Russell.

Its all better now, thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• bahn
    replied
    Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
    Just got a new Gateway laptop and it came with Windows 7. Everytime I drag my finger on the built in touch pad (mouse) a crosslike arrow pointing North South East and West comes up and enlarges the text of the screen, I cant get it to stop, and everything is blown up in size big time.

Ive gone through the manual but dont see how I can fix it or what move I am making with my fingers that is triggering it to do this. Anybody with info will be appreciated and served CP's as well. This is probably laughable to some but I am far from a computer whiz and have no idea why this is happening.
    The crosslike arrow is the cursor for Move. If the items on your screen enlarges its probably the Magnifier.
    Go to the Control Panel and select Ease of use try to fiddle around with the settings.

Also go to the Task Manager and look at the processes that are running. Maybe a rogue application or service.

:go:

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Geez, I hate those track pads. There's one on my Mac laptop here but I installed a keyboard and mouse.

Looks like these guys gave you the info you need.

And yeah.. shoulda gotta Mac.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Right click on your desktop and select "Personalize" and then select "Mouse Pointer". You should be able to see all of the settings. I bet its been set to zoom like that, you can customize the functionality of your touchpad as well as the sensitivity.

Hope that helps man.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Try a system restore.

Leave a comment:

• Flying_Dutchman
    replied
    Try looking for an option to turn that off in the Start Menu- Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Mouse - Mouse properties - Device Settings tab. Not sure if that will work without seeing the menu options on your actual laptop but thats worth a try. I know on other touch devices moving two fingers closer together zooms in... Is it possible your thumb is resting on the bottom of the pad while your index finger is sliding towards it?

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Dude.... somehow you are zooming in.

That's what's happening.

Sorry I can't help you fix it, but you're zooming in...

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    replied
    the arrows are white, but yes, what you are saying basically describes it, every time I try to drag my cursor right with my finger it enlarges all the print and I cant get it to go back to normal, it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
    Mkay. Have you tried seeing if you activated a keyboard combination?

Leave a comment:

• thatkidhunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Fargo View Post
    That sounds like a scrolling issue. White circle with four black arrows?

the arrows are white, but yes, what you are saying basically describes it, every time I try to drag my cursor right with my finger it enlarges all the print and I cant get it to go back to normal, it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Fargo
    replied
    Just got a new Gateway laptop and it came with Windows 7. Everytime I drag my finger on the built in touch pad (mouse) a crosslike arrow pointing North South East and West comes up and enlarges the text of the screen, I cant get it to stop, and everything is blown up in size big time.

Ive gone through the manual but dont see how I can fix it or what move I am making with my fingers that is triggering it to do this. Anybody with info will be appreciated and served CP's as well. This is probably laughable to some but I am far from a computer whiz and have no idea why this is happening.
    That sounds like a scrolling issue. White circle with four black arrows?

Leave a comment:

• thatkidhunt
    replied
    Where are all my computer whizzes???

My Computer Screen looks like JaMarcuss Russell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• thatkidhunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
    shoulda gotten a mac :p
    boooooooooooo!!! your no help.

Leave a comment:

• Sparky The Sun Devil
    replied
    shoulda gotten a mac :p

Leave a comment:

• thatkidhunt
    started a topic Windows 7 Question, Your Help Please

Windows 7 Question, Your Help Please

Working...
X