No announcement yet.

P90X Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I know I'm only at week 3 but I do feel like I'm seeing some results in my arms. I know the real results don't come till the last phase really but hey this is pretty cool. The stomach area is what I'm hoping finally gets into shape when I'm done

Getting myself motivated does get a bit difficult with school and work in the way but I try what I can. Unfortunately I've come home late on some days and crashed so I wasn't able to work out. That has only been like twice though so it really shouldn't mess me up that bad (I hope).

I do have a question though. I've been doing this late at night because it's usually when I get motivated due to a small amount of distractions.

Do you guys have any recommendations for the time of day I should be doing this? I figure incredibly late workouts can't be too great and might be keeping me up longer.
    sigpic
    Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
      So I know I'm only at week 3 but I do feel like I'm seeing some results in my arms. I know the real results don't come till the last phase really but hey this is pretty cool. The stomach area is what I'm hoping finally gets into shape when I'm done

Getting myself motivated does get a bit difficult with school and work in the way but I try what I can. Unfortunately I've come home late on some days and crashed so I wasn't able to work out. That has only been like twice though so it really shouldn't mess me up that bad (I hope).

I do have a question though. I've been doing this late at night because it's usually when I get motivated due to a small amount of distractions.

Do you guys have any recommendations for the time of day I should be doing this? I figure incredibly late workouts can't be too great and might be keeping me up longer.
      I was wondering how you were dong since this hadn't been posted in in a while...

I always did mine late at night... I don't think it ever really hurt my sleep though...
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

A workout is a workout regardless of the time you do it. The only reason people might suggest you do it earlier is because people have the tendency to procrastinate and skip it if they want to do it at night.

I usually did my workouts at night too. But once my semester is over I'm going to start P90x back up again since I'll have time in the day to do it.

Comment

Unfortunately I think I have to miss my workout tonight. Procrastinating on this paper really sucks.

This is one thing I hate about trying to get into shape, I feel so guilty when I don't keep to my schedule

Also, I have apparently taken over this thread and made it into my own update/motivating thread
          Last edited by HavoK471; 04-30-2012, 03:04 AM.
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Incredibly unmotivated today but I'm going to do the workout regardless. I really would rather just fall asleep but I missed out yesterday so gotta do it
            sigpic
            Thank you Charger$

Comment

Incredibly unmotivated today but I'm going to do the workout regardless. I really would rather just fall asleep but I missed out yesterday so gotta do it
              The sooner you get started the sooner you're done. Get it over with. :thumb:
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                The sooner you get started the sooner you're done. Get it over with. :thumb:
                Yeah just one of those non motivated days. Looking at my abdomen I know I really shouldn't have any results yet but I'm not seeing any progress and it's killing my mood. In fact I think I may have gained some body fat which is puzzling since I haven't changed my diet all that much.

Very disheartening, makes me think I won't be getting the results I had wanted once I finish my first round of this
                sigpic
                Thank you Charger$

Comment

Yeah just one of those non motivated days. Looking at my abdomen I know I really shouldn't have any results yet but I'm not seeing any progress and it's killing my mood. In fact I think I may have gained some body fat which is puzzling since I haven't changed my diet all that much.

Very disheartening, makes me think I won't be getting the results I had wanted once I finish my first round of this
                  You might hate me for saying this but most people don't see results till around the third stage. You'll probably gain weight too because you are building up muscle which isn't a bad thing.

Just keep going!

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                    You might hate me for saying this but most people don't see results till around the third stage. You'll probably gain weight too because you are building up muscle which isn't a bad thing.

Just keep going!
                    Yeah third stage has huge results, i notice most people don't get much of anything within the first few weeks. Just hard to tell when I'm gaining fat or muscle so I panic sometimes
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Charger$

Comment

• Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                      Yeah third stage has huge results, i notice most people don't get much of anything within the first few weeks. Just hard to tell when I'm gaining fat or muscle so I panic sometimes
                      I honestly didn't notice much until about day 45ish.

It freakin works though, if you do it. I still can't believe the weight I lost.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post

If it were easy everyone would do it and all look good. But it isn't easy. So, keep pluggin away.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by jaycuthroat View Post
                          Hey has any one on ehere used this.

Im about to order it and is wondering, is it worth it?

And any other little tips please tell me about them.

i will keep you guys up on my "transformation"

Any one else have it havent done it in a while and want to get in shape with me?

Im going to pick a date to start soon.
                          IT DOES WORK AND YOU WILL BE AMAZED!!!!!!!:thumb:

Comment

• I haven't been able to use my pull up bar so I've had to put off the exercises that use it

I think I'm just going to do Kenpo today and then do it again when it's day comes. I don't want to just completely take the day off and my legs are sore from yesterdays plyo making yoga a terrible option
                            sigpic
                            Thank you Charger$

Comment

Working...
                            X