I Don't Want To Be The First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Want To Be The First

Have you ever thought about being the first to try something that no one else has done. Sounds cool (if it's not a bad thing:nono, but just imagine the trial and ERROR involved before getting it right, so that others can do it with relative ease, in most cases.

To start things, I am very glad that I wasn't the first adventurer who sought out a new land to live in, like where I live now (up here in the often cold/sometimes misquito laden part of Canada). Imagine coming here with ideas that the place was warm and there were few bugs? It's bad enough that you didn't have all the other amenities, and as if your first statement was "okay lets go to the mall and then find a nice hotel to stay at.....

Okay, you got the deal.

I would not want to have been the first to try flying......."what's that you say, one mistake is all you get"

Or the first to have a root canal.... (make that almost any kind of experimental dental work)

Or the first to have contact lenses....get those big things out of my eyes!!!

Or the first to go bungee-jumping ("did someone tighten the dang rope!!!")

Or the first to be "opened up" by some medical pioneer....."maybe we should rethink this thing......for a few years!!!"

Or the first to ever ride a big roller coaster

Or the first to have a "routine" prostrate examination...."what you doing doctor???"

Or the first crash test dummy..........I would do the one that involved the music.....(okay, I know, why would a human do the other thing....I'm warped a bit)

Or the first to have any type of eye surgery......(probably as a result of being the first to wear those big contact lenses)

Or the first to start this stupid thread.........

(On the reverse side, I would love to have been the first to become filthy rich, etc. etc.)
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-06-2010, 08:46 AM.

In a class the other day, we were talking about the first method of research and design: Trial and Error.

The Germans were trying to invent a plastic, and basically what they did was walk down a line, and just toss in chemicals and substances, and then heated them together.

Needless to say, this way had a very high attrition rate, and yielded few results.
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
      In a class the other day, we were talking about the first method of research and design: Trial and Error.

The Germans were trying to invent a plastic, and basically what they did was walk down a line, and just toss in chemicals and substances, and then heated them together.

Needless to say, this way had a very high attrition rate, and yielded few results.
      Hopefully they weren't also testing it as some form of chlorine, and jumping in......

Comment

Wonder who the first one to invent toilet paper? Eureka!!!
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Thankfully though, someone did want to be the first... Otherwise who knows where we would be as a society? lol
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
            Thankfully though, someone did want to be the first... Otherwise who knows where we would be as a society? lol
            A society of followers.......

But I could be a leader for those types......

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
              Wonder who the first one to invent toilet paper? Eureka!!!
              very important invention!!!

You know what's really funny....... the dude who was not the original inventor, but one who improved the flush toilet is named none other than

Sir Thomas Crapper

....this is from the wik "Although he was not the original inventor, Crapper popularized the siphon system for emptying the tank, replacing the earlier floating valve system which was prone to leaks"

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                very important invention!!!

You know what's really funny....... the dude who was not the original inventor, but one who improved the flush toilet is named none other than

Sir Thomas Crapper

....this is from the wik "Although he was not the original inventor, Crapper popularized the siphon system for emptying the tank, replacing the earlier floating valve system which was prone to leaks"
                Awesome, cp's to you when I can give you more
                I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                  Awesome, cp's to you when I can give you more
                  I tried to get you earlier, but need to wait until I can........But I will!

Comment

The first to:

-test the defibrillator...
                    -test the stun gun
                    -eat turducken
                    -go to space.
                    -fly in an hot air balloon. (its floating wicker propelled by fire!)
                    -to be continued, (woot at being the first to actually follow the thread)

Comment

The first to try and fight Chuck Norris!

The first to tell Ingle Martin he couldn't play in the NFL!

The first to tell Fargo, he was a great poster!

The first to hand the Ban Hammer to Jet!

The first to tell John Elway he should request a trade to not play for the Colts!

To try HALO Freefalling!

The first to buy Brandon Marshall McDonalds

The first to eat yellow snow...
                      sigpic
                      The Bronco fan pledge;
                      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                        The first to:

-test the defibrillator...
                        -test the stun gun
                        -eat turducken
                        -go to space.
                        -fly in an hot air balloon. (its floating wicker propelled by fire!)
                        -to be continued, (woot at being the first to actually follow the thread)
                        Like it........thought about the first poor soul to eat Spam!!!!

Being first for any "up in the sky" tricks is all on my list....everyone. Can you imagine the taser/stun gun stuff......it's only okay if someone else tells you you it will only last for so long, but not if you're the first!!!!

:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
                          The first to try and fight Chuck Norris!

The first to tell Ingle Martin he couldn't play in the NFL!

The first to tell Fargo, he was a great poster!

The first to hand the Ban Hammer to Jet!

The first to tell John Elway he should request a trade to not play for the Colts!

To try HALO Freefalling!

The first to buy Brandon Marshall McDonalds

The first to eat yellow snow...
                          Yah...I see where you're going

The snow one only gets top marks if you know why......

By the way, I was the first to fight and decidely kick Chuck's behind......

Comment

Be the first Bronco to eat Milk Duds in the Broncos Locker room....

They weren't Milk Duds, they were actually chocolate covered moose turds.

Tell me which Bronco pulled that trick on his teammates in the early 80s for CP...

I don't want to be the first person to steal Jake N Bake's doggy.

I don't want to be the first person to stick my tongue on a flag pole.

I don't want to be the first person to go to the moon. (What if they miscalculated the fuel needs)

I don't want to be the first person to try out any of the "non-lethal" police bullets.

I don't want to see if sulfuric acid really burns.

I don't want to be the one to see if snake bite anti venom works?
                            sigpic
                            The Bronco fan pledge;
                            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                            Bronco's Country.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Yah...I see where you're going

The snow one only gets top marks if you know why......

By the way, I was the first to fight and decidely kick Chuck's behind......
                              Because I autographed the snow....
                              sigpic
                              The Bronco fan pledge;
                              Bronco's Country.

Comment

Working...
                              X