Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd Like To "Shadow" Me For A Few Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd Like To "Shadow" Me For A Few Days...

Although I said I'd like to "shadow" me for a few days (in the title), I am not sure I would fully enjoy the experience. By "shadow" I mean being an "undetected" video of some kind, or in the eyes of others who I have a steady amount of interaction with. Basically just watching me do my thing (whatever that may be) in a natural setting. This is not reality (reality???) tv stuff I'm talking about.

The reason for this idea, is that I am sure after watching me for a few days in all situations, I would make some changes. It's one thing to think you know who you are, but another altogether to actually witness your live performances day after day. At some point, I'd probably want to stop the "study" due to embarrassment or maybe even disappointment. "Is that really me? Do I talk and behave like that?" (please behave!!!!)

Just think how that may feel. Now maybe you are one with few flaws, and acts with great common sense the majority of the time. Maybe you would only catch some minor tweaks that needed to be incorporated in the "YOU" category. On the other hand, some may be shocked at the person they have become. This could be a real revelation; a life changer.......a life saver!.

Seriously, I always say that in sports, folks should be video taped in order to better understand their way of operating, be it in a golf swing, a paddling stroke, a football throw, a baseball swing, etc. etc. Why not in life in general. This for sure has the greatest of all benefits in my humble opinion, as we do spend 24 hours a day at it. It only represents who we are. And the benefits would be incredible in some cases, as long as you are not too shattered by the experience, or have extraordinary difficulty making the right changes.

Okay.....it's unlikely this will be made available to us for some time, other than that reality tv foolishness. So in the meantime, try to be a crystal clear mirror, defining your image from the way others react to you. Make sure they are credible sources for sure, otherwise you may be getting a biased and distorted assessment. Keep putting the pieces together using all the feedback you can muster. And as for me, I am "grounded" pretty well, mainly thanks to my family and friends, especially my youngest daughter, who does not let me get away with anything......not that I change as a result. But even the smallest thing may be a real pain in the butt for others around you, like being fidgety and noisy and sloppy.....sort of, if you know what I mean.

But it sure would make for some interesting lifestyle considerations.....if only there was that "shadow".......
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-08-2010, 10:18 AM.

Wants... to... read.... but......... tooo lazy!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Although I said I'd like to "shadow" me for a few days (in the title), I am not sure I would fully enjoy the experience. By "shadow" I mean being an "undetected" video of some kind, or in the eyes of others who I have a steady amount of interaction with. Basically just watching me do my thing (whatever that may be) in a natural setting. This is not reality (reality???) tv stuff I'm talking about.

The reason for this idea, is that I am sure after watching me for a few days in all situations, I would make some changes. It's one thing to think you know who you are, but another altogether to actually witness your live performances day after day. At some point, I'd probably want to stop the "study" due to embarrassment or maybe even disappointment. "Is that really me? Do I talk and behave like that?" (please behave!!!!)

Just think how that may feel. Now maybe you are one with few flaws, and acts with great common sense the majority of the time. Maybe you would only catch some minor tweaks that needed to be incorporated in the "YOU" category. On the other hand, some may be shocked at the person they have become. This could be a real revelation; a life changer.......a life saver!.

Seriously, I always say that in sports, folks should be video taped in order to better understand their way of operating, be it in a golf swing, a paddling stroke, a football throw, a baseball swing, etc. etc. Why not in life in general. This for sure has the greatest of all benefits in my humble opinion, as we do spend 24 hours a day at it. It only represents who we are. And the benefits would be incredible in some cases, as long as you are not too shattered by the experience, or have extraordinary difficulty making the right changes.

Okay.....it's unlikely this will be made available to us for some time, other than that reality tv foolishness. So in the meantime, try to be a crystal clear mirror, defining your image from the way others react to you. Make sure they are credible sources for sure, otherwise you may be getting a biased and distorted assessment. Keep putting the pieces together using all the feedback you can muster. And as for me, I am "grounded" pretty well, mainly thanks to my family and friends, especially my youngest daughter, who does not let me get away with anything......not that I change as a result. But even the smallest thing may be a real pain in the butt for others around you, like being fidgety and noisy and sloppy.....sort of, if you know what I mean.

But it sure would make for some interesting lifestyle considerations.....if only there was that "shadow".......
      How do you know I'm not already following you recording your every move?
      sigpic
      photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
        How do you know I'm not already following you recording your every move?
        :nono:

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
          Wants... to... read.... but......... tooo lazy!
          just throw out a few paragraphs......

Comment

Working...
          X