May You Be Extremely Good at Repetition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    No apologies! We've been on topic for most of the posts. It is pretty "routine" for that to happen.....
    We’ll take a slight detour to get back to the beginning…but back we shall (with a brand new Shining adventure to tell). :thumb:
    To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

When I think of this topic it can sound a little dark, that is unless of course you are repeating something you love to do. Mind you, imagine what life would be like to be a tire....."the circle of life".

Comment

When I think of this topic it can sound a little dark, that is unless of course you are repeating something you love to do. Mind you, imagine what life would be like to be a tire....."the circle of life".
        I think the tire analogy is perfect on so many levels. Yes, it repeats its function...over and over. But, it also has direction and moves based on this repetitive function. It travels and sees the world (as best a tire can). It has a beginning and an end...and a wild ride in between. If it ceases its repetition, it goes nowhere.

But speaking of dark and repeating something that we love to do... it's time for some coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
          I think the tire analogy is perfect on so many levels. Yes, it repeats its function...over and over. But, it also has direction and moves based on this repetitive function. It travels and sees the world (as best a tire can). It has a beginning and an end...and a wild ride in between. If it ceases its repetition, it goes nowhere.

But speaking of dark and repeating something that we love to do... it's time for some coffee.
          Geez bud, you took my tire example and actually gave it a meaningful life!!! Ye work wonders!! (never even thought about all the great travel opportunities!) Imagine if we are talking airplane tires!!! I'm getting a wee bit jealous, and I will certainly not mention it to my wife, cuz she might just apply to become an airplane tire....she does love to travel!!

Oh yes, is there a better repetitive task than drinking coffee??? I have one as I speak. The aroma, the flavour, the "think" aspect of it all. Forgive me, but I still am thinking about this.......

It would be such a nice "routine" thing to have, along with my java!

Comment

Geez bud, you took my tire example and actually gave it a meaningful life!!! Ye work wonders!! (never even thought about all the great travel opportunities!) Imagine if we are talking airplane tires!!! I'm getting a wee bit jealous, and I will certainly not mention it to my wife, cuz she might just apply to become an airplane tire....she does love to travel!!

Oh yes, is there a better repetitive task than drinking coffee??? I have one as I speak. The aroma, the flavour, the "think" aspect of it all. Forgive me, but I still am thinking about this.......

It would be such a nice "routine" thing to have, along with my java!
            Airplane tires! There you go! They probably see more of the world in a month than most people do in years. That reminds me, at the California Science Center in Los Angeles, they have the Space Shuttle Endeavor on display. While you can’t touch the actual spacecraft you can touch one of its used tires. Just touching something that was in orbit was amazing - the incredible journeys of the various things that seem so otherwise mundane.

I think it speaks genuine truth – what appears on the surface to be monotonous repetition, is at some level, the sum of its function to the system as a whole. I thought your tire analogy is such a perfect representation of this. And like tires, people go bald as they age, lose some of their grip, and need periodic patching up!

Our lives are so often filled with trivial monotonous repetition…yet, our journey through life is miraculous beyond description. Like apple fritters and coffee. :thumb:

Comment

Airplane tires! There you go! They probably see more of the world in a month than most people do in years. That reminds me, at the California Science Center in Los Angeles, they have the Space Shuttle Endeavor on display. While you can’t touch the actual spacecraft you can touch one of its used tires. Just touching something that was in orbit was amazing - the incredible journeys of the various things that seem so otherwise mundane.

I think it speaks genuine truth – what appears on the surface to be monotonous repetition, is at some level, the sum of its function to the system as a whole. I thought your tire analogy is such a perfect representation of this. And like tires, people go bald as they age, lose some of their grip, and need periodic patching up!

Our lives are so often filled with trivial monotonous repetition…yet, our journey through life is miraculous beyond description. Like apple fritters and coffee. :thumb:
              Thought I'd read this again.....I like repetition

Comment

Thought I'd read this again.....I like repetition
                "I don't know where I'm going
                But, I sure know where I've been
                Hanging on the promises
                In songs of yesterday
                An' I've made up my mind,
                I ain't wasting no more time
                But, here I go again
                Here I go again"

Comment

"I don't know where I'm going
                  But, I sure know where I've been
                  Hanging on the promises
                  In songs of yesterday
                  An' I've made up my mind,
                  I ain't wasting no more time
                  But, here I go again
                  Here I go again"
                  Well played sir!

Sometimes repetition makes us feel assured......

Comment

Well played sir!

Sometimes repetition makes us feel assured......
                    Well played - just like a broken record!

Comment

Well played - just like a broken record!
                      See, even these dudes like repetition>>> (will they ever stop???)

Comment

Comment

Even a gif likes repetition.

Comment

Even a gif likes repetition.

funny!!!!!!:thumb:

wonder how long the dog went along with this before saying, "do it yourself dude!"

Comment

Working...
                            X