X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I believe the form is calleda 1090N but I know for a fact it's a 1090 some letter. I used tax act online and I had lived off my 401k for a while and that's what I used. They ask you about investments and stuff and that's where I got the form.
    I think ur right, I have a friend who works at the IRS and gave me some info. But thanx all, keep the info coming

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    You should have received all requirement documents in the mail by now. Law states it all must be postmarked by January 31st.

I had touched a 401K in the past and it killed me. Penalties and interest absolutely destroyed me but I totally cashed it out.

I hate doing taxes and hire someone every year since we are so complicated. She retired last year and not sure who or what we are going to do without paying an arm and a leg for someone to do it for us. Liberty Tax in the past charged us $145 and that was aggravating.

I'll probably end up doing it myself and paying the smaller fees with H&R Block or TurboTax.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    I believe the form is calleda 1090N but I know for a fact it's a 1090 some letter. I used tax act online and I had lived off my 401k for a while and that's what I used. They ask you about investments and stuff and that's where I got the form.

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
    You should be getting a seperate form in the mail with all the information from your 401k withdrawls. You probably won't be able to do a 1040EZ form because of that but it should still be pretty straight forward.
    Word, thats what it was, the EZ form I did last year, we'll see, I didn't make that much cause i Was unemployed for like 5 months but we'll see, thank you

Leave a comment:

• Jermz79
    replied
    You should be getting a seperate form in the mail with all the information from your 401k withdrawls. You probably won't be able to do a 1040EZ form because of that but it should still be pretty straight forward.

Leave a comment:

• CinnaMunMun
    replied
    If your income is under a certain amount, you can actually use H&R Block's free tax program online. It could probably tell you where to file that.

Leave a comment:

• Brancos
    replied
    I once saw their commercial.

I think you should buy TurboTax®. :go:

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    started a topic Simple (Hopefully) Tax Question

Simple (Hopefully) Tax Question

I am pretty easy as far as my taxes go and I know someone on here can answer this for me...

I did my taxes last year by myself on the gov's website because I rent, have no student loans or kids, or mortgage payments or anything against me, just me, myself and the money I made...it was simple.

I plan on doing the same this year but for half of '09 I lived off my 401k from my previous job for a few months and I know I have to claim that somewhere.

Is this going to be hard or is it just a seperate field I throw the amt in and keep going? I guess also I am trying to see if I should have that amount (From the 401k) in my W2 from my previous employer or will it come seperate?

Anyways, thanx for the help in advance, I just want to get this done asap, CP's for everyone who helps!
Working...
X