Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Keys, IDs, Passwords, Cards Until You Are Totally Locked Out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Keys, IDs, Passwords, Cards Until You Are Totally Locked Out??

I've seen people carrying around more keys than they weigh......Throw in all the ids, passwords, swipe cards and so on, and we are pretty much assured of keeping ourselves locked out from ourselves. So just don't lose them....just a friendly tip.

Someday there will be a better way.......DNA?? (hmmm.....some rhyming going on). But for my liking, it's a lot of disliking. The chances of losing or forgetting or still being broken into are just too great. I lost my identity years back, through a supposed secure source. Life goes on. So far no real damage done, other than wondering who, and when they will strike. It's part of the not so good side of the modern world we live.

Just think if you lost your memory one day......how the heck would you find anything.....then again, if you lost your memory, would it really matter.....

Anyway, check through all your stuff......maybe even throw out a few keys you have kept since you once worked in an office that no longer exists. Or maybe even be as absent minded as me, and just leave the key in the door overnight, as I have done on a few late (and tired occasions). I wonder what a burglar would think if the keys were already in the door.....maybe they'd panic......."this may be a set up, I'm outta here!!"

So I wish you well, and hope you remember your identity, and where everything is, and that your memory lasts longer than everything else.......while you flirt with locking yourself from yourself.

I'm pretty old school myself. I still use a hand written address book although my cell phone does have my main contact list on it.

My key chain has my truck, my wife's car and front door keys along with a small gray key pass that gets me into work. That's it. I do have other keys for the mailbox and the office warehouse but I don't carry those around.

We use our garage as our entry way at home and the door opener clicker is pretty much how we access the house.

You see in movies how retinal scans and fingerprints are used for accessing secure areas and I can see how that would be put into affect in the future.

We tend to travel a lot and getting on planes is the most difficult process but then again, it's not all that bad during these post 9/11 times.

My wife had her identy stolen a few years ago and nothing ever came of that except the fact somebody tried using her credit cards in Singapore. Since she had just used the card here in Utah, the transaction was denied and they actually called our house to verify if she was indeed home and not over seas.

And as far as passwords go, I have 3 different ones that I use and one of which is used probably 75% of the time.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I have keys on my key ring that I have no idea what they belong to. I keep them, because, well, I might need them one day. I put them on there for a reason, you know?

Now, car 'keys'...it use to be you could get a key made for what, 2 dollars? A week after we got our new (orange ) vehicle, hubby dropped his keys in a parking garage. The new 'key' separated from the ring and he never found it. No biggie, right?

It cost $150.00 to replace the stupid thing.

And, Can, I've left my key in the door before. Not overnight, but...
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        I'm pretty old school myself. I still use a hand written address book although my cell phone does have my main contact list on it.

My key chain has my truck, my wife's car and front door keys along with a small gray key pass that gets me into work. That's it. I do have other keys for the mailbox and the office warehouse but I don't carry those around.

We use our garage as our entry way at home and the door opener clicker is pretty much how we access the house.

You see in movies how retinal scans and fingerprints are used for accessing secure areas and I can see how that would be put into affect in the future.

We tend to travel a lot and getting on planes is the most difficult process but then again, it's not all that bad during these post 9/11 times.

My wife had her identy stolen a few years ago and nothing ever came of that except the fact somebody tried using her credit cards in Singapore. Since she had just used the card here in Utah, the transaction was denied and they actually called our house to verify if she was indeed home and not over seas.

And as far as passwords go, I have 3 different ones that I use and one of which is used probably 75% of the time.
        Joe...you are one organized son of gun, and memory issues do not seem to be a problem!

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        I have keys on my key ring that I have no idea what they belong to. I keep them, because, well, I might need them one day. I put them on there for a reason, you know?

Now, car 'keys'...it use to be you could get a key made for what, 2 dollars? A week after we got our new (orange ) vehicle, hubby dropped his keys in a parking garage. The new 'key' separated from the ring and he never found it. No biggie, right?

It cost $150.00 to replace the stupid thing.

And, Can, I've left my key in the door before. Not overnight, but...
        We like to welcome people into our homes.........

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          I have keys on my key ring that I have no idea what they belong to.
          Dear Lord, you sound like my wife. I looked at her ring a couple of years ago and tested her on those keys. She could not account for half of them.

I had to sit there and help her eliminate the clutter. Since then, she was so thankful.

I'm like...

Duh.

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Joe...you are one organized son of gun, and memory issues do not seem to be a problem.
          I'm so organized I'm anal about it.

You have no idea how together I am and my wife relies on that. She depends on me for such little things it gets bothersome sometimes.

Um.. Honey... Toothbrush is in your left second back hole in the brush holder.

Yes. I know where everything is.

I get impatient and intollerable with work because of it. When I have to tell my boss where the company truck keys are it almost makes me crazy. In fact, on a slow day, I'll move them just to make him look around.

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I have a total of 4 keys and use 3 different pw for the internet and such ...

I wonder how many on here know their mb pw wo looking it up ... I know it took me the better part of 3 yrs to remember mine ..

This kind of strays off topic a little but one thing I will never do again is provide my cell number as a way to verify yourself for sites like FB etc ... The minute I did I started getting calls from the bill collectors ... Not that I owe anyone and have unpaid debts ..
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Dear Lord, you sound like my wife. I looked at her ring a couple of years ago and tested her on those keys. She could not account for half of them.

I had to sit there and help her eliminate the clutter. Since then, she was so thankful.

I'm like...

Duh.

You have no idea how together I am and my wife relies on that. She depends on me for such little things it gets bothersome sometimes.

I get impatient and intollerable with work because of it. When I have to tell my boss where the company truck keys are it almost makes me crazy. In fact, on a slow day, I'll move them just to make him look around.

Joe....it's your boss (you know my name!!).

Stop messin with me......

BTW.......did you see my glasses?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post

I wonder how many on here know their mb pw wo looking it up ... I know it took me the better part of 3 yrs to remember mine ..

This kind of strays off topic a little but one thing I will never do again is provide my cell number as a way to verify yourself for sites like FB etc ... The minute I did I started getting calls from the bill collectors ... Not that I owe anyone and have unpaid debts ..
                Cmon LD......you're mixing me up with all your "small" talk........I'm an old fart and I need to translate all these messages.......and it takes me a long time!!!!!

Comment

I'm like...

Duh.

Don't 'duh' me.

Maybe I just have an attachment to my keys.

I know where everything is, too.

Your wallet is in your fanny pack.

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post

:wave:

I do!
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I've got two total keys. House and car. Thats it.

I do not let small objects run my life. I am not a janitor and have no need for 400 keys.
                    LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                    Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Originally posted by HurricaneDovs View Post
                      I've got two total keys. House and car. Thats it.

I do not let small objects run my life. I am not a janitor and have no need for 400 keys.
                      i have house, garage, office, car, suv, safe, 2 po boxes...i think i have a couple more...

Comment

i work at two major airports and we already do the finger print scan

Comment

the problem with remembering pws is that none accept the same number of characters

i literally 30+ different pws for every site known to man.....i try to keep as many the same as i can but it's not possible

i have a military internet pw that has to be at least 12 characters, has to include at least 2 numbers, 1 capital letter and 2 symbols...and it has to be changed every 2 months

the crazy thing about all that is i have a terrible memory but i seem to remember most of my pws...sometimes it takes a try or two but eventually i get it

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
                            the problem with remembering pws is that none accept the same number of characters

i literally 30+ different pws for every site known to man.....i try to keep as many the same as i can but it's not possible

i have a military internet pw that has to be at least 12 characters, has to include at least 2 numbers, 1 capital letter and 2 symbols...and it has to be changed every 2 months

the crazy thing about all that is i have a terrible memory but i seem to remember most of my pws...sometimes it takes a try or two but eventually i get it
                            Does it ever happen with you, when you suddenly can't remember a simple password...maybe for your voice messaging, or your laptop. Sort of like when a simple word just doesn't look right when you write it down.......

It's like the "what the ".........

Comment

Recently I heard that a fairly high % of people use passwords like "123456"......and they wonder why they get broken into???

Comment

Working...
                              X