Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPhone users, I'm looking for some cool apps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone users, I'm looking for some cool apps!

I've had an iPhone for a couple years, but never really got into purchasing apps. Recently I have been though, I've found some really cool ones and some pretty pathetic ones.

So far I've got the ColorSplash, CropForFree & PhotoStudio for editing and tricking out my photos, I love these ones.

Pandora, Facebook, Video Camera (I have a 3G so I had to dl a video app), Loopt, SoundHound, ESPN ScoreCenter, AccuWeather, XEmoji icons, Pocket God, iheartradio and Google are others that I use frequently.

What are some cool apps that you have come across?
    sigpic

I'm a fan of US Today and AP Mobile. Great apps for a wide variety of news, and even local news.

I don't know if you would use it, but I'm a big Epocrates for drug references out at my clinical site.

I just DL'd a free game called Sunday Lawn. It is pretty epic. You mow the lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
      I'm a fan of US Today and AP Mobile. Great apps for a wide variety of news, and even local news.

I don't know if you would use it, but I'm a big Epocrates for drug references out at my clinical site.

I just DL'd a free game called Sunday Lawn. It is pretty epic. You mow the lawn.
      Thanks Peerless!

Yea, I'm not much of a news buff but, I'll check em out.

Sunday Lawn.....idk sounds boring, lol, but I will take a look! :thumb:
      sigpic

Comment

i have a google phone so it has a bunch of apps as well but i hardly play games on it so the ones that come in the most useful for me are

shazaam - another music app, i love this one cuz if i dont know the name of the song playing it id's it for you

movies - some movie theatre app that lets you find theaters near you, showtimes view trailers, get ratings, stuff like that

barcode reader type app - there are some cool apps that take a pic of the bar code on items and get reviews find prices near you
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

i don't use an I-Phone,however i have seen an app(on a friends phone) that will allow you to "teach" your I-Phone to lock and and un-lock you car to replace that FOB you usually end up losing(well i do anyway),also the zippo lighter app if you go to concerts and are one of the "bic flickers" it servesthe same function.
          I really like Cheese.

Comment

The Silent Movie Director app is the best $2 Ive ever spent. I got bored and made a couple of movies with one of my dogs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jde75/5...57621584622113

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jde75/5...57621584622113

The Super 8 movie app is awesome too. The Lo-Mob app and CameraBag app are great for filtering photos to make more artistic photos. The Pano app makes awesome panoramic photos for you.

Zombie Farm and Infinity Blade are pretty great games. Fruit Ninja is pretty fun too.

Oh, and I LOVE Words with Friends. BTW, if anyone wants to play, just invite "McSmashie". I love a good game of scrabble.

Im a total Twitter junkie and get lots of news from there. The NBC Sports Talk app is one of my favorites.

For travel, the Weather Channel Max app is awesome. You can watch the radar to help avoid storms.

As far as streaming entertainment, the Netflix app is awesome. It always you to stream your instant que anywhere. The WatchESPN app is great too, especially if you are stuck at work or on the road so you dont miss a game.
            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Words with Friends.

Just like scrabble. Use it all the time on my iPhone. I know Android users can DL it and play against me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                Words with Friends.

Just like scrabble. Use it all the time on my iPhone. I know Android users can DL it and play against me too.
                Hit me up sometime Brent. I usually only have one or two games going at a time.

BTW, Lance Ball's Words with Friends tag is LanceB35. He posted it on Twitter.
                sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Words with Friends is fun I should start playing that again.

one game I like on my ipod is called Physics its free too

itranslate
                  Scorecenter
                  WSOP Free is a good poker app offline
                  LiveJournal
                  Twitter
                  Convert Units
                  FML
                  5-0 Radio(Cops radio)
                  Formulas

And if you jailbreak thats when stuff really starts getting useful
                  MxTube - Download youtube vids right to your phone/pod
                  dTunes - Download free music straight to your phone
                  FontSwap - Choose fonts for your ipods
                  Makeitmine - instead of iphone in the corner of your screen you can put your name on there its cool
                  Gameboy - I don't have this one anymore but I did on my old ipod it was fun. you could play pokemon on your ipod lol

Also Winterboard/Summerboard can put different customized pictures wallpapers and stuff on your ipod. You can change the battery, background, lockscreen, slider, you can even change the messages it shows when you get alerts.(When I get tweets my ipod says Tweet Tweet! and when I have low batter my ipod says Low Juice)

Another cool jailbroken app very useful is Activator. Using activator, you can make your ipod do commands by hitting buttons it wouldn't normally do. For instance, you can make it so when your ipod is locked or if it is on whenever, if you hit Up Down quickly on your volume it goes to the next song. Very useful while driving I use it all the time. I also have it so if I hold my sleep button for a second it pauses. It's really handy.

Comment

These are droid apps but there are so many useful ones like..

The flashlight app

Rock light player which will play avi formatted videos so you don't have to convert to mp4.

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                      I've had an iPhone for a couple years, but never really got into purchasing apps. Recently I have been though, I've found some really cool ones and some pretty pathetic ones.

So far I've got the ColorSplash, CropForFree & PhotoStudio for editing and tricking out my photos, I love these ones.

Pandora, Facebook, Video Camera (I have a 3G so I had to dl a video app), Loopt, SoundHound, ESPN ScoreCenter, AccuWeather, XEmoji icons, Pocket God, iheartradio and Google are others that I use frequently.

What are some cool apps that you have come across?
                      Angry Birds- get it if you don't have it already- once you start, you cannot stop.... and I never play video games, but my wife has it on her phone and it is like time-wasting crack.....

If you ever played Snood, you will know what I mean....
                      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

there is a app which you need a ipad for , but basically yopu can leave your iphone some where and bring a live camera up on your ipad , its quite cool

Comment

ESPNRadio = best freaking app ever.

It's pretty expensive at $15, but 100000000% worth it. Lets you listen to the FULL recorded broadcasts or shortened podcasts of Around the Horn, PTI, Colin Cowherd, Mike & Mike, basically any good radio or TV show on ESPN. You can also listen live. I just think it's awesome that I can listen to Mike&Mike or Around the Horn on my Iphone while I work out and get my daily sports fix. Completely super crazy worth it.

Comment

Ooops... I put this in another thread that wasn't meant to be in... so I'll just throw it in here:

I'll go through my whole list of apps that are must haves (android):
                            The ULTIMATE must haves are bolded.
                            The even more must haves are bold/underlined.

Advanced Task Killer PRO
                            Alarm Clock Plus (makes you do math to disable the alarm!)
                            Amazon App store (Has free pay apps every day)
                            Astro file manager
                            Beautiful Widgets
                            Byte tornado (to download apps of different formats)
                            Cover Art Downloader
                            Documents
                            Drag Racing
                            (Great Great Great game)
                            Dropbox (dropbox.com)
                            Easy Uninstaller (uninstall apps with batch operation)
                            Engadget
                            Facebook
                            Firefox (handles java better than the default browser)
                            iMapMyRIDE
                            N64oid
                            Netflix
                            Photoshop Express
                            SBMX
                            ScoreCenter
                            Shazam
                            SlideIT Keyboard (BEST keyboard outside of Swype)
                            Swype Keyboard (BEST keyboard)
                            SoundHound (lets you hum songs to find out what song it is)
                            SpeedTest (checks the speed of your connection)
                            SpeedX 3D (good game)
                            SwitchPro Widget
                            Tape-a-talk (recorder)
                            Team CoCo (conan)
                            TuneIn Radio
                            TV Shows Stream
                            VirtuaGym
                            Google Voice (Handles my voicemail like on iPhone)
                            Winamp (favorite MP3 Player)
                            XKCD Browser

Comment

I did like tunein radio (which i used on my iphone) until i noticed it didn't have my morning talk station... which iheart radio does. i like the ability to record the show so ill still use it for sports talk here and there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X