• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
    Pueblo Colorado.....

Best Italian sausage sandwiches ever!
    Don't you mean SANGwhiches??? lol!!!!

What year did you graduate from Central man?

here's mine ... also from Pueblo

South High Colts baby!!

Taffy's .... nuff said!

Mesa Drive in ... first you pick up 5 of your friends, hit Taffy's and then to The Mesa Drive in!!!!

Can't forget about Do-Drop-Inn Pizza!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by on2 View Post
      McNichols: First concert I ever saw was ZZTop. Last concert ever in the place was ZZTop (I was there too).
      Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
      I saw both of those ZZ top shows, too. With the same best bud...all those years apart.
      The Eliminator and Recycler tours? Those were THE BOMB! Amazing shows.

Remember Eliminator tour when that giant snake snorted the cover off the stage and then shot those laser beams out of it's eyes?

I loved the Recycler tour when that huge claw picked them up and put them in that compacter. They came out square, busted out of those into those pink suits and proceeded to jam out Sharp Dressed Man.

Those guys had awesome stage shows back then.

I saw a LOT of concerts at McNichols.

So many memories.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Casa Bonita

Born and raised in the Springs, but a fun place I remember in Denver was

*Not sure if someone already posted this.. I'm at work and more the pictures won't come up, so yeah my bad if someone did!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post

What year did you graduate from Central man?

here's mine ... also from Pueblo

South High Colts baby!!

Taffy's .... nuff said!

Mesa Drive in ... first you pick up 5 of your friends, hit Taffy's and then to The Mesa Drive in!!!!

Can't forget about Do-Drop-Inn Pizza!!!
          Lol , Yeah your right sangwiches would be the word.

I graduated in 93, how bout you?

Taffys, the Mesa drive in, and Do Drop pizza, those are some Pueblo staples! I still hit the drive in a couple times a year. Its a great way to watch a movie with the family. The kids love it!
          sigpic

Comment

Lol , Yeah your right sangwiches would be the word.

I graduated in 93, how bout you?

Taffys, the Mesa drive in, and Do Drop pizza, those are some Pueblo staples! I still hit the drive in a couple times a year. Its a great way to watch a movie with the family. The kids love it!

If I would have stayed in Pueblo, I would have graduated from South in 97 but I moved to Florida the summer before my Junior year so I graduted down here in bumpkinville USA. Sad Sad times!!

The Mesa is still open ??? Holy smoke I can't believe that .. it's been about 8 years since I been home so I can only imagine what has changed. I can remember though on Friday nights sophmore year me and 5-6 friends piling in one car hitting Taffy's for the munchies and then rolling out to The Mesa ... talk about a Carload!!! lol
            sigpic

Comment

I thought my Dad was the only one who said sangwhiches!
              sigpic

Comment

If I would have stayed in Pueblo, I would have graduated from South in 97 but I moved to Florida the summer before my Junior year so I graduted down here in bumpkinville USA. Sad Sad times!!

The Mesa is still open ??? Holy smoke I can't believe that .. it's been about 8 years since I been home so I can only imagine what has changed. I can remember though on Friday nights sophmore year me and 5-6 friends piling in one car hitting Taffy's for the munchies and then rolling out to The Mesa ... talk about a Carload!!! lol
                Yeah they renovated the Mesa a few years ago. Expanded it and added two more screens. So now they have 3 movies playing at the same time, and with the double feature they play 6 different movies a night. They also did away with the old speaker system and now you tune your radio to a certain FM station and listen to the movie through your car speakers. They redid the concession stand too and they serve all sorts of good food. You can also call them from your cell phone and order your food and pick it up at a separate walk up window. Its pretty cool!
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah they renovated the Mesa a few years ago. Expanded it and added two more screens. So now they have 3 movies playing at the same time, and with the double feature they play 6 different movies a night. They also did away with the old speaker system and now you tune your radio to a certain FM station and listen to the movie through your car speakers. They redid the concession stand too and they serve all sorts of good food. You can also call them from your cell phone and order your food and pick it up at a separate walk up window. Its pretty cool!
                  Sounds like drive in movies done right! Although, if I were the owner of a drive in movie theater I'd set up the concessions to be similar to sonic... press a button order your food, and wait for it
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Pueblo Colorado..... I don't know if this is gonna work this is my first attempt at posting pics on the boards or any where for that matter (crosses fingers) here we go....

My high school Central High home of the mighty Wildcats

The Steel Mill. I actually work here but it looks nothing like this now.

Best Italian sausage sandwiches ever!

Statue of Earl "Dutch" Clark at Dutch Clark Stadium

The Bell Game..... nuff said!

Ha! I figured it out!
                    Wow had to post sorry for grave dig but I went to Central also Class of 89 Very Cool to see someone that went there as well. Back then we Owned South, East and of course County LOL Centennial was tougher and had the Bell my last 2 years IIRC

Also running up and down the ramps to get to your locker on the top floor and back to the room you needed next on the Sub Floor ROTC LOL They even had a shooting range in there wonder if they still do or not? We had shooting competitions back then.
                    Last edited by FlyByU; 08-12-2011, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Winter Carnival, they'd close Lincoln and dump snow on it. The high school band would play, going down the street on cross country skis. Then you'd have the cowboy events where they'd do stuff like in the picture below, pulling kids over little kicker jumps on skis.

Balloon rodeo

This is a local landmark. They built a big ugly ass green house to the left of it and kinda killed the look, but it's still cool, and still there.

If you drive anywhere around Routt County you've seen the signs for these guys.

Anyone that grew up here probably remembers the Vintage Auto Races (that they don't do anymore because of The Grand.......Jerks) They used to close off some of the streets around and near ski time square and race cool old classic cars and motorcycles. Then they built a big monstrosity resort hotel and they killed the races.
                      Last edited by kishzilla; 08-13-2011, 01:34 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Tubing the yampa. You can see the Art Council building in the backgroud. It used to be a railroad depot.

James Brown Soul Center of the Universe Bridge lol

Flat Tops Wilderness. This was our campsite last year. Stillwater, Bear, Sherrifs, Heart Lake, were my stomping grounds as a kid.

Devils Causeway. If you can cross it without having your butt pucker a little then you're more brave than me. lol

Fish Creek Falls
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X