alarm clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm clocks

as I was trying to wake up enough to smash my alarm clock a thought popped into my head:

do alarm clocks beep at a rate that triggers something in the brain to wake up? Or am I giving alarm clocks too much credit?
    Glen Haven Fire

Alarm clocks were invented by the Devil and are now being sold by evil corporations Hell bent on enslaving us all.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      as I was trying to wake up enough to smash my alarm clock a thought popped into my head:

do alarm clocks beep at a rate that triggers something in the brain to wake up? Or am I giving alarm clocks too much credit?
      Its got to be something that triggers a person to wake up.

Maybe the desire to smash it up!!

Its weird because I wake up everymorning on the plus or minus five minutes of 530 w out an alarm clock. It especially sucks on weekends.

Ask Brancos I'm sure he will know the answer.
      sigpic
      The Bronco fan pledge;
      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I hate those damn things. Don't work at all. I have six alarms on my phone between 5:30-6:30am and a extremely obnoxious alarm clock on my dresser and I sleep through all of them.
        Brock you like a hurricane!
        sigpic
        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
          Alarm clocks were invented by the Devil and are now being sold by evil corporations Hell bent on enslaving us all.
          Oh yes Work!!! Work possibly the worst four letter word in our language!
          sigpic
          The Bronco fan pledge;
          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
          Bronco's Country.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
            Its got to be something that triggers a person to wake up.

Maybe the desire to smash it up!!

Its weird because I wake up everymorning on the plus or minus five minutes of 530 w out an alarm clock. It especially sucks on weekends.

Ask Brancos I'm sure he will know the answer.
            when i was stationed on the ship I could sleep through anything. Now i cant sleep past 8am even if I was awake until 1-2am
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              when i was stationed on the ship I could sleep through anything. Now i cant sleep past 8am even if I was awake until 1-2am
              I know that feeling. Even on a day off my internal clock wakes me up at 6-ish. Then I can roll back to sleep... usually after I go pee!!
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                I know that feeling. Even on a day off my internal clock wakes me up at 6-ish. Then I can roll back to sleep... usually after I go pee!!
                i used to love naps as well but I can only nap when im hardcore tired
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                  I hate those damn things. Don't work at all. I have six alarms on my phone between 5:30-6:30am and a extremely obnoxious alarm clock on my dresser and I sleep through all of them.
                  That's how I am too... I've got the three on my phone, the one on my alarm clock, the one on my night stand, and the one on the floor next to my bed... Most of the time they don't work, but if someone steps in my room and says my name I'm awake
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I wake up several times in anticipation of the alarm.

I wake up if someone breathes on me. I've gotten better, but, yeah, I'm a light sleeper (unless I'm very tired).

Can you sleep through jackhammering? Hubby did that when they were fixing our basement.
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      I wake up several times in anticipation of the alarm.

I wake up if someone breathes on me. I've gotten better, but, yeah, I'm a light sleeper (unless I'm very tired).

Can you sleep through jackhammering? Hubby did that when they were fixing our basement.
                      I actually slept through a 6.0 earthquake in California.

Sleeping like a bear is my specialty.

On a side note... do I see a Temptations quote in your title? I've used that one a lot before...
                      Last edited by Fargo; 03-12-2010, 12:22 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                        That's how I am too... I've got the three on my phone, the one on my alarm clock, the one on my night stand, and the one on the floor next to my bed... Most of the time they don't work, but if someone steps in my room and says my name I'm awake
                        Exactly. I have to hear a voice to wake up.
                        sigpic

Comment

I actually slept through a 6.0 earthquake in California.

Sleeping like a bear is my specialty.

On a side note... do I see a Temptations quote in your title? I've used that one a lot before...

I like rain and now that the basement doesn't flood anymore...Let it rain.

Besides, that's how my life is going right now.

I should have said 'yes' and gotten some 'cool points' with you.
                          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Exactly. I have to hear a voice to wake up.
                            That's what she said....
                            sigpic
                            The Bronco fan pledge;
                            Bronco's Country.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

I like rain and now that the basement doesn't flood anymore...Let it rain.

Besides, that's how my life is going right now.

I should have said 'yes' and gotten some 'cool points' with you.
                              You know Pac Man Jones got in trouble for making it rain lol!!

Peanut seems like you got tons of cool adoptees, but Fargos awesomeness would be an addition lol.

Its been raining here in VA all day and I smashed the alarm clock and stayed home w my sick daughter.

PS I'm not comparing you to Pacman.
                              sigpic
                              The Bronco fan pledge;
                              Bronco's Country.

Comment

Working...
                              X